• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Zack Snyder's JUSTICE LEAGUE on HBO Max (3/18/21)
4 4

2,339 posts in this topic

I am a bit confused by the whole thing I think. I can't help but wonder what the Snyder finished movie would have looked like back then. It isn't this movie, this is 4 hrs which clearly would not be going to theatres. So what would have been the finished product. ZS gets the best of both worlds here, not that he would want it this way obviously. But I guess we get the best of both worlds too as we can watch a 4 hour movie. But he isn't under the constraints that he would have initially been under. Not a complaint and it is moot I guess. He gets to finish scenes he likely would have cut or shortened and that works great now since we get more heroes action.

anyway, just thinking out loud

I'll watch it, not friday unless I take the day off (which could happen, I have done it for less frivolous things!)

16 minutes ago, Bird said:

I am a bit confused by the whole thing I think. I can't help but wonder what the Snyder finished movie would have looked like back then. It isn't this movie, this is 4 hrs which clearly would not be going to theatres. So what would have been the finished product. ZS gets the best of both worlds here, not that he would want it this way obviously. But I guess we get the best of both worlds too as we can watch a 4 hour movie. But he isn't under the constraints that he would have initially been under. Not a complaint and it is moot I guess. He gets to finish scenes he likely would have cut or shortened and that works great now since we get more heroes action.

anyway, just thinking out loud

I'll watch it, not friday unless I take the day off (which could happen, I have done it for less frivolous things!)

That debate goes on between critics, bloggers and fans. Yet we are getting the Snyder Cut he finalized after much back-and-forth with WB executives early on.

His plan was to have 2 additional movies, with this one lining up a Justice League 2. From what Snyder has noted already, he leaves it with a major cliffhanger. So guess what? AT&T and HBO Max may want him to push on, depending on how this release goes.