• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Zack Snyder's JUSTICE LEAGUE on HBO Max (3/18/21)
4 4

2,339 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, Angel of Death said:

wot

There's no way that Cyborg is more powerful than Superman or The Flash...

I was surprised by that statement initially. But from the 2/14 trailer at around :33 there is something going on with Cyborg. So probably tied up with the integrated motherbox.

We'll see VERY SOON.

14 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

I was surprised by that statement initially. But from the 2/14 trailer at around :33 there is something going on with Cyborg. So probably tied up with the integrated motherbox.

We'll see VERY SOON.

My thoughts exactly. Must be something with a motherbox otherwise no way is he even close to Manhattan or Supes. 

Zack Snyder has done so many fantastic things. He brought faithful versions of 300 and Watchmen to the screen, one of my all-time favorite movies (full stop) in Man of Steel, an adaptation of The Dark Knight Returns, the Death of Superman (albeit premature IMO), and now the freaking Justice League.

None of that :censored: is easy to do.

And he takes the brunt of so much misguided hatred, but still keeps on going. He has conviction and persistence. I really hope that ZSJL is successful, and if so, I hope that we get to see him complete the vision he had for Worlds of DC.

I would love to hear Whedons comments on why he/they strayed so far from the footage they already had. I wonder if Whedon was told, “Dig through the footage and give me two hours.”  How much of JL is actually Whedons? You know what would be better than the Snyder Cut? A documentary interviewing all parties and chronicling the entire project. The process of film-making fascinates me and now we have a product that is the first of its kind. That would be one hell of a story to tell. 

7 minutes ago, Oddball said:

How much of JL is actually Whedons? 

From what has been posted previously none of the scenes will be Whedon. Snyder went back to his original 214 minutes of footage plus 5-7 minutes in reshoots and enhanced it all.

Just now, Bosco685 said:

From what has been posted previously none of the scenes will be Whedon. Snyder went back to his original 214 minutes of footage plus 5-7 minutes in reshoots and enhanced it all.

Right, I’m wondering then how much of what I saw in the original was actually Snyder’s which we will see again in the Snyder Cut.  Maybe Whedon only added 30 minutes of his own filmed footage after cutting it down. Of course I’m sure there will be detailed comparisons of both films soon which should give us an exact list of all of Whedon's scenes. 

12 minutes ago, Oddball said:

I would love to hear Whedons comments on why he/they strayed so far from the footage they already had. I wonder if Whedon was told, “Dig through the footage and give me two hours.”  How much of JL is actually Whedons? You know what would be better than the Snyder Cut? A documentary interviewing all parties and chronicling the entire project. The process of film-making fascinates me and now we have a product that is the first of its kind. That would be one hell of a story to tell. 

About 75% of the 2017 Theatrical Cut is Joss'.

0% of footage shot by Whedon will be in ZSJL.