• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Zack Snyder's JUSTICE LEAGUE on HBO Max (3/18/21)
4 4

2,339 posts in this topic

14 hours ago, Bird said:

I am a bit confused by the whole thing I think. I can't help but wonder what the Snyder finished movie would have looked like back then. It isn't this movie, this is 4 hrs which clearly would not be going to theatres. So what would have been the finished product. ZS gets the best of both worlds here, not that he would want it this way obviously. But I guess we get the best of both worlds too as we can watch a 4 hour movie. But he isn't under the constraints that he would have initially been under. Not a complaint and it is moot I guess. He gets to finish scenes he likely would have cut or shortened and that works great now since we get more heroes action.

anyway, just thinking out loud

I'll watch it, not friday unless I take the day off (which could happen, I have done it for less frivolous things!)

Educated guess: Butchered 2-1/2 hour theatrical cut. 3-1/2 hour Director's Cut.

I'm guessing that documentary is going to be from the time before Snyder stepped down and then pick up when he returned to complete. But how funny/amazing it would be if out of the blue it started off with Cavill, fully moustached, shaking his head in disbelief at what he was being asked to do by Whedon.

Foot Locker Launches Limited-Edition ‘Justice League’ Tees Timed to Release of Snyder Cut

HBO Max and Foot Looker have come together to create a limited-edition artist series of T-shirts, featuring DC superheroes and villains from the highly-anticipated upcoming film premiere of Zack Snyder’s Justice League.

Starting March 11th, one brand-new shirt design will be dropped per day, leading up to the March 18th release of the Snyder cut. Available in limited quantities and exclusively on Footaction‘s website and select Foot Locker locations, each shirt features a unique interpretation of the professional artists’ favorite Justice League hero in their own styles. The collection will kick off with artist Jacob Rochester’s Dark Knight-inspired Batman shirt, followed by Jen Bartel’s Superman shirt releasing on March 12th.

justiceleaguebatmanshirt.png.f274f346da6eed88851d94761ab974ec.png

Foot Action Justice League T-Shirts

justiceleaguesupermanshirt.png.02b21959d763801e944efe6450c913dc.png

justiceleaguecyborgnshirt.png.72822d900c743f210fca172020dbc680.png

1 hour ago, Bosco685 said:

Behind-the-scenes cameraman of Justice League, Simon Firsht, says there is a 30-minute MAKING OF video accompanying the Snyder Cut.

steadiman1.thumb.jpg.c35229be107ddf566a4b05992c973288.jpg

Does this mean that the movie itself is only 3-1/2 hours long? Or is the documentary a different product?

3 minutes ago, Oddball said:

There’s actually quite a few good reviews so far.

Oh, agreed! The main complaint is length of time so therefore critics are saying too many character details come up. Page 2 of 4.

snyder_critics02.PNG.3122bedb425137183e93b1dcaa0832b0.PNG

Edited by Bosco685

Overall: 8.0/10

If you’re a fan of the Lord of the Rings film franchise, odds are that after you watch the Extended Editions there was no going back to the theatrical cuts after seeing how the additional material enriches the story. That goes triple for Zack Snyder’s Justice League. What was released as a sloppy, lighthearted team-up of quippy heroes rises like a dead Kryptonian from a Genesis Chamber… ready for a second chance (you know, after trying to murder his Leaguemates). The fabled “Snyder Cut” elevates Justice League into something well worth watching.

The set-up of Zack Snyder’s Justice League, in broad terms, remains the same as the theatrical cut: after Superman (Henry Cavill) sacrifices himself to kill Doomsday, Bruce Wayne (Ben Affleck) resolves to put together a team of heroes to defend Earth from an oncoming alien threat. But with double the runtime to spend on establishing context around key events, how that story is told this time around far more coherent and engaging. Where the theatrical cut raced from action scene to action scene, Zack Snyder’s Justice League is a methodical slow-burn and has a much deeper interest in exploring its characters and lore than you may expect.

Nearly every character in Zack Snyder’s Justice League, from the top down, has a clearer journey and more dimension. There’s no one that exemplifies that better than Ray Fisher’s Cyborg, who saw the vast majority of his backstory cut in Justice League’s 2017 release. It’s frankly stunning how engaging Victor Stone is here compared to the robotic (sorry), bland iteration in the theatrical cut. Snyder’s version of Victor plays up the gothic horror aspect of the college student given a second chance at life through his father Silas’ (Joe Morton) experimentations with a Mother Box, and their conflicted relationship is given new dimension in several new scenes together. Victor’s struggle to accept his new circumstances is played with nuance by Fisher and colors everything the character does, from his early reluctance to aid the heroes to his eventual acceptance of his responsibility to use his power for good.

Verdict
Zack Snyder’s Justice League is a surprise vindication for the director and the fans that believed in his vision. With a mature approach to its superhero drama, better-realized antagonists, and improved action, Snyder’s version of Justice League saves the movie from the dustbin of history, something that likely only could’ve happened on a streaming platform like HBO Max. Though not every addition feels totally necessary, and some new visual effects stick out as unpolished, it's hard to overstate how much more enjoyable this version of Justice League is.