• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Zack Snyder's JUSTICE LEAGUE on HBO Max (3/18/21)
4 4

2,339 posts in this topic

I just assumed this would be an unrated cut since it’s streaming and he pretty much has carte blanch.

And I don’t like the new title, it’s not a directors cut it’s the Snyder Cut!

Ha, I know, but directors cuts are usually associated with cash grabs for the home release where they add or change 10 minutes. FU Godfather Coda!

Just now, Oddball said:

I just assumed this would be an unrated cut since it’s streaming and he pretty much has carte blanch.

Ha, I know, but directors cuts are usually associated with cash grabs for the home release where they add or change 10 minutes. FU Godfather Coda!

:roflmao:

Or for those of us that have purchased every copy of Apocalypse Now each time a new edition has been released. :(

6 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

:roflmao:

Or for those of us that have purchased every copy of Apocalypse Now each time a new edition has been released. :(

Yes, sadly I own them all as well. But I bought my last version on iTunes, Apocalypse Now unrated Final cut. I think (hope) they are done. Check out this purchase history over a 30 year span:

Aliens VHS - Aliens Laserdisc - Aliens Special Edition VHS - Aliens Special Edition DVD - Aliens Special Edition iTunes digital copy - and finally Aliens Special Edition Blu-ray. And yes I’ll get it again when released on 4K Blu-ray. James Cameron owes me dinner and drinks.

And I kid about Godfather Coda. As minor as the changes were I do believe this version presents better. A scene in the middle of the movie was moved to the beginning and the final scene was replaced. It’s still the same movie. It’s not like Schwarzenegger is added killing Tom Hagen.

Edited by Oddball

50 minutes ago, Oddball said:

I thought it was weird that BvS was subtitled "Ultimate Edition", because Watchmen's Director's Cut is the definitive one, and the Ultimate Cut is overly-bloated.

22 minutes ago, Oddball said:

And I kid about Godfather Coda. As minor as the changes were I do believe this version presents better. A scene in the middle of the movie was moved to the beginning and the final scene was replaced. It’s still the same movie. It’s not like Schwarzenegger is added killing Tom Hagen.

I'm waiting for the digital prices to go down before I add this to my Godfather collection.

VUDU_Francis_Ford.png.adf68c8aace40a65fe24e2a32a0e3d56.png

I find it strange that Snyder said he had never watched the theatrical cut of Justice League. Don’t you think he would be curious? Above he says 80% of the VFX has never been seen but how does he know if he hasn’t watched it. Maybe he just read Whedons -script?

1 hour ago, Oddball said:

I find it strange that Snyder said he had never watched the theatrical cut of Justice League. Don’t you think he would be curious? Above he says 80% of the VFX has never been seen but how does he know if he hasn’t watched it. Maybe he just read Whedons --script?

He's working with the same VFX studios that Whedon did, so it could be what he's been told, but it's a strange comment nonetheless.

1 hour ago, Oddball said:

I find it strange that Snyder said he had never watched the theatrical cut of Justice League. Don’t you think he would be curious? Above he says 80% of the VFX has never been seen but how does he know if he hasn’t watched it. Maybe he just read Whedons --script?

10 minutes ago, Angel of Death said:

He's working with the same VFX studios that Whedon did, so it could be what he's been told, but it's a strange comment nonetheless.

I had read this before where the same creatives involved in Snyder's original work and then with Whedon when he was mocking what Snyder had done on set had shared with him the differences. So Snyder is basing his feedback on those well-informed individuals. I wouldn't be surprised if those are the same folks that participated in the WarnerMedia investigation due to their experiences.

He's done well to avoid watching the theatrical cut, maybe further down the line he'll give it a go just to see how it compares once the real deal is done and dusted. Although he may struggle to get over that very first scene of the monster Superman face.....

Speaking of 4K, we have sufficient word from our studio and industry sources to add a number of new or re-confirmed titles to our 4K Ultra HD Release List as coming in 2021, including Zack Snyder’s Justice League (TBA March), Wonder Woman 1984 (TBA April), A Clockwork Orange, Gravity, The Shawshank Redemption, Space Jam: 25th Anniversary, and Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory: 50th Anniversary (all TBA 2021) from Warner, Soul (TBA April) from Disney and Pixar, News of the World and Greenland (TBA February or March) from Universal, and Monster Hunter, Kingsglaive: Final Fantasy XV (both due 3/30), Snatch, Last Action Hero (both TBA May), Looper, The Guns of Navarone, and Drive (TBA 2021).

Do keep in mind that all of these dates are to be considered unofficial and subject to change.

1 hour ago, Bosco685 said:

I have noticed that quite a few of my HD iTunes purchases automatically upgraded to 4K at no extra cost when those transfers became available. I may stick with digital copies from now on. Sure, you don’t physically own them unless you download them.

5 minutes ago, Oddball said:

I have noticed that quite a few of my HD iTunes purchases automatically upgraded to 4K at no extra cost when those transfers became available. I may stick with digital copies from now on. Sure, you don’t physically own them unless you download them.

I belong to a digital message board, and they have mentioned over the past year Apple iTunes just doing that for free to simplify its platform capacity. Which is a great thing for move collectors.

VUDU ends up having to maintain SD. HD, UHD. 3-D versions of everything. Every few years it bumps certificates to HD as a minimum. But not for a while now. I wonder if Fandango as the new parent company will just force them to do it?