• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Zack Snyder's JUSTICE LEAGUE on HBO Max (3/18/21)
4 4

2,339 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, the blob said:

seriously, marvel makes money on ant man. ant man!!!! they're going to have THREE ant man movies. this is a character that could never survive in his own title. but three frigging movies?? (yes, they are very well cast and, heck, even my wife was willing to watch them and she hates super hero movies other than wonder woman)

I love the Ant-Man movies. Seriously. I think even the comedy is solid. Including creating such a wildly funny character like Luis who makes the story that much more entertaining.

How the WB Pictures executives cause these missteps every time and get promoted up is beyond me.

3 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

I love the Ant-Man movies. Seriously. I think even the comedy is solid. Including creating such a wildly funny character like Luis who makes the story that much more entertaining.

How the WB Pictures executives cause these missteps every time and get promoted up is beyond me.

they're good clean fun. it isn't like DC can't do it. shazam worked. suicide squad was a very flawed movie, but made money. i think birds of prey was silly, but fun, and would have probably made some money if it did not get released when people were starting to worry about covid and if it wasn't marketed so poorly. but warner sees that ho hum box office and has probably decided they are done with HQ.

To be honest, if they want to go the Snyderverse route, whatever.  It's not my cup of tea.  I enjoyed Man of Steel except for the killing part.  I enjoyed the first 2/3s of Wonder Woman (the final battle/defeat of Ares had my eyes rolling into the back of my head).  I disagree with the casting for Flash, Aquaman, the entire Suicide Squad, etc.  But mostly, I don't like the dark colors used in the films.  I don't like the black Supeman suit.  It was fan service, but it didn't even make sense in the context of things (same as the Endgame all women unite moment).  I just don't think Snyder really gets these characters.  Not in the same way a Favreau understands Iron Man or the way Feige seems to understand Marvel.

Apparently AT&T understands even less.  I'm not sure how much of a insufficiently_thoughtful_person you have to be to be sitting on a cash cow and letting it rot.

Edited by ExNihilo

1 hour ago, ExNihilo said:

To be honest, if they want to go the Snyderverse route, whatever.  It's not my cup of tea.  I enjoyed Man of Steel except for the killing part.  I enjoyed the first 2/3s of Wonder Woman (the final battle/defeat of Ares had my eyes rolling into the back of my head).  I disagree with the casting for Flash, Aquaman, the entire Suicide Squad, etc.  But mostly, I don't like the dark colors used in the films.  I don't like the black Supeman suit.  It was fan service, but it didn't even make context (same as the Endgame all women unite moment).  I just don't think Snyder really gets these characters.  Not in the same way a Favreau understands Iron Man or the way Feige seems to understand Marvel.

Apparently AT&T understands even less.  I'm not sure how much of a insufficiently_thoughtful_person you have to be to be sitting on a cash cow and letting it rot.

Supposedly this article was WB Studios sending a message to AT&T and WarnerMedia they gave in on the Snyder Cut - no more appeasing these 'toxic fans'

Which is why she took a moment to talk about how the CEO is not going to tolerate any further bullying of her executives. :facepalm:

wow, i missed a lot of details in the movie watching half of it after midnight, like lois.....

and on a totally unrelated note, i can't believe Leto is 3 years older than Phoenix and a year older than Affleck. Seriously, I think of him as maybe 40 because he was clare daines's "hiogh school" boyfriend and she is 41 and he's a year older than i am.

14 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

Supposedly this article was WB Studios sending a message to AT&T and WarnerMedia they gave in on the Snyder Cut - no more appeasing these 'toxic fans'

Which is why she took a moment to talk about how the CEO is not going to tolerate any further bullying of her executives. :facepalm:

She can say whatever she wants, if AT&T says make more of these and she says no, she goes bye bye.

15 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

The executives job is to literally make money for the shareholders.  You do this by appeasing fans.  If they don't get that, it's time to find new executives.  God.  I'm not DC fanboy (I primarily collect Marvel and have ever since I was a kid), but geez would I like to see talents like Cavill and Gadot given proper movies and worlds to play in.

1 hour ago, ExNihilo said:

The executives job is to literally make money for the shareholders.  You do this by appeasing fans.  If they don't get that, it's time to find new executives.  God.  I'm not DC fanboy (I primarily collect Marvel and have ever since I was a kid), but geez would I like to see talents like Cavill and Gadot given proper movies and worlds to play in.

Yeah, they don't seem to get it. Yes, maybe they can sell a lot of toys or whatever and the whole genre still makes lots of money, but their competitor makes oodles of money from movies. The audience is there. But DC wants to have an adversarial relationship. they are trying to sell HBO max for $15 a month. they need content too. marvel is spending $200 million for 6 episodes of falcon/WS or something along those lines. But they're crying about $80 million to generate 4 hours of programming. Folks who signed up for HBO Max for WW84 had their initial things end. It was telling me I had to renew and agree again. The primary reason i did so was to watch this movie (sure, there is other stuff).

It seems like they have executives who dislike the genre. That's a problem.

1 hour ago, Bosco685 said:

Just now, ExNihilo said:

Gwendoline Christie for Big Barda.  What other actress is tall enough for the role?

leslie is 6 feet tall (played college basketball). with that said, you're right in that granny has a little but of psycho humor to her. but leslie might not be able to not be herself. i'm not sure if she has the range. maybe some acting lessons.

28 minutes ago, the blob said:

actually, dot marie jones probably looks the part too, she is 6' 3" and built like an offensive lineman.

Dot Marie Jones would probably make a perfect Granny Goodness.  If anything, she's probably too tall for the role.  I always imagine Granny to be shorter than the Furies (though, the DC wikipedia page says she's 5'10").  Still, in my head she's short, old, but crotchedy and mean as #$%.  I'm not sure it even matters.  It seems someone was cast for it since you can see Granny Goodness in two or three shots at the end.