• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Zack Snyder's JUSTICE LEAGUE on HBO Max (3/18/21)
4 4

2,339 posts in this topic

The #SnyderCut hashtag was back on Twitter, leading to people wondering what is going on.

Hashtag_SnyderCut01.JPG.619e95b82fa49c0d29d02b78da595aae.JPG

Looks like HBO Max is using the film as part of its launch promotion across South America.

Hashtag_SnyderCut02.JPG.d32e7b1611f89ce740907ba0d23953f9.JPG

Pretty interesting for a streaming release that supposedly was a bust.

(:

22 minutes ago, Gatsby77 said:

Relevant:

Knew it was going to drive towards a Zack Snyder bashing session.

But the political insert of Trump's Treasury Secretary was the icing on the cake. You topped yourself!

3 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

Knew it was going to drive towards a Zack Snyder bashing session.

But the political insert of Trump's Treasury Secretary was the icing on the cake. You topped yourself!

It was infinitely better than their ZSJL one. That one wasn't really funny. I felt like this DCEU one didn't straight-up bash Snyder.

Just now, Angel of Death said:

It was infinitely better than their ZSJL one. That one wasn't really funny. I felt like this DCEU one didn't straight-up bash Snyder.

Keep watching when it goes into his dark and dreary scenes and dialogue that WB should have known better

Godzilla V Kong arrived on HBO after Justice League and has been on sale in the US iTunes and Amazon stores. Meanwhile, after Warner Bros distribution of ZSJL in North Korea, Somalia and Antarctica, it should be dropping in the United States soon after. 

One of the biggest differences between the theatrical cut of Justice League and Zack Snyder's Justice League was a pivotal scene near the conclusion when the team is actually bested by Steppenwolf and Ezra Miller's The Flash actually goes back in time to save them. This specific moment was apparently one of the scenes that Warner Bros. didn't quite understand, which we could have guessed based on how no part of it was put into the 2017 version. Speaking in a new interview though, VFX Supervisor John "DJ" Des Jardin confirmed outright that the studio didn't get it and wanted it out.

"It’s funny, because that was always in the story," Jardin said in a talk with Beyond the Trailer (H/T The Direct). "We shot that way back in 2016. It was something that, I don’t know what it was, the mood of the studio at the time, they just didn’t get it, to be honest. They were just like ‘I don’t understand this,’ and maybe it was the previous nature of it or the post-vis nature or whatever, but it was one of the first things they threw out after they pulled Zack off the movie, sadly.

He continued, "I’m really, really happy with the work that Bryan (Hirota, Visual Effects Supervisor) did on it because Bryan hadn’t had a chance to touch that scene before, so this was all brand-new to him. I had lived with it for years, and the spec for it never changed. And I had some early post-vis versions of it that I could show him. I really loved the breath and depth and scope that he gave those big ideas that are in that imagery."

Snyder himself opened up about this dispute with the studio, telling Yahoo: “It was always a bone of contention with the studio. They didn’t want him running back through time."

:facepalm:

And this is why WB Studios needs to have its DC toys taken away from it.

6 minutes ago, D84 said:

But don't give them to :censored: Disney!

Amen to that!

Not that it didn't do wonderful things for Marvel. I just don't need more of the same from DC properties.

Heck, it was nice at times having Fox doing something different with Days of Future Past, Logan and Deadpool outside of the MCU model.