• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Zack Snyder's JUSTICE LEAGUE on HBO Max (3/18/21)
4 4

2,339 posts in this topic

16 minutes ago, Oddball said:

Yup I wouldn’t even waste my time with a re-watch. It just taints the Snyder Cut. But serious question here. Is there any good significant scene from Whedon that stands out? There are plenty of infamous bad ones we talk about but there has to be at least one great addition? I’ve only watched the first JL release once and never rewatched. 

11 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

The only "significant" detail that I can think of is Batman transporting Lois to the Kryptonian ship. Batman plans for everything, right? It would make sense that Lois being 'the key' would lead to a contingency for Superman's resurrection.

Good point in that she was the 'big gun' in case Kal-El came out of the death coma complete enraged.

So I was toying around with casting HBO Max from my PC instead of my iPad yesterday, just to give it a try. I made the mistake of doing this with Justice Is Gray as an experiment.

2 hours later I'm thinking, "Wait - how long have I been watching this quick test??"

Amazing what a difference this is compared to the Theatrical Cut that even after watching it multiple times it pulls you right back in.

53 minutes ago, Oddball said:

Yup I wouldn’t even waste my time with a re-watch. It just taints the Snyder Cut. But serious question here. Is there any good significant scene from Whedon that stands out? There are plenty of infamous bad ones we talk about but there has to be at least one great addition? I’ve only watched the first JL release once and never rewatched. 

The Superman/Flash race. That's it for me.

21 hours ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

Continuation of brunch dialogue = :sick: for me.

So true! The scene itself is a great idea and an opportunity to see Superman interact with someone he hasn't really met yet.

2 hours ago, Oddball said:

Definitely some sketchy Eyes Wide Shut stuff going on there. 

One burning effigy short of being in Wicker Man territory.

Felt very cultish.

4K Blu-Ray arrived today…. got it off Amazon for $29. By the time I did expedited shipping from Amazon UK total was $51 to US. Arrived in 5 days from order date via DHL!  Just started but am already amazed at how good the movie looks compared to streaming. HDR definitely kicks it up a few notches!!

C50301C7-E03C-4D24-8690-2898370EBB81.thumb.jpeg.52c0ab27b2e3e5d1cbf7b1da7c672271.jpeg

11D45BC2-688A-46F4-8D5D-B95917742A7B.thumb.jpeg.8b8f0a74253bedcc2b5a838654e89494.jpeg

13084A09-A0DC-49BD-8CE9-4853788C3207.thumb.jpeg.b37a9443abdee9b6e2a743201090e3ac.jpeg

Warner’s ‘Zack Snyder’s Justice League’ Posts Fifth Week Atop U.K. Home Entertainment Chart

Warner Bros.’ Zack Snyder’s Justice League returned to No. 1 on the U.K.’s Official Film Chart following a photo-finish race with the studio’s Godzilla vs. Kong.

With just 550 unit sales separating the two titles, Zack Snyder’s Justice League scooped its fifth non-consecutive week at the top, boasting this week’s highest sales on DVD and Blu-ray Disc, while Godzilla vs. Kong at No. 2 is the week’s biggest seller on digital download.

Paramount’s A Quiet Place snuck up one place to No. 3 as fans of the post-apocalyptic franchise catch up with the original following its sequel’s theatrical release, knocking Warner’s Tom & Jerry: The Movie to No. 4. Disney’s animated adventure Raya And The Last Dragon held on at No. 5, and Wonder Woman 1984 (Warner) swooped up one place to No. 6.

I have a feeling WB made its own black eye YET AGAIN where all regions are ordering Zack Snyder's Justice League from the UK driving sales to a top level and keeping this #1 at the charts.

So they can't even wash over the news as consumers will keep purchasing and maintaining positive results news each week. :roflmao:

#TobyEmmerichStrategery