• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Zack Snyder's JUSTICE LEAGUE on HBO Max (3/18/21)
4 4

2,339 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, Iconic1s said:

4K Blu-Ray arrived today…. got it off Amazon for $29. By the time I did expedited shipping from Amazon UK total was $51 to US. Arrived in 5 days from order date via DHL!  Just started but am already amazed at how good the movie looks compared to streaming. HDR definitely kicks it up a few notches!!

C50301C7-E03C-4D24-8690-2898370EBB81.thumb.jpeg.52c0ab27b2e3e5d1cbf7b1da7c672271.jpeg

11D45BC2-688A-46F4-8D5D-B95917742A7B.thumb.jpeg.8b8f0a74253bedcc2b5a838654e89494.jpeg

13084A09-A0DC-49BD-8CE9-4853788C3207.thumb.jpeg.b37a9443abdee9b6e2a743201090e3ac.jpeg

That looks fantastic!

:applause::banana:

30 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

Is it gonna be another 4 years before we see a Collector's Edition available in the US?

Lookin' like I'll have to order one of these "region-free" copies as a placeholder.

Rumor is hinting at July/August for the domestic market release as since HBO Max is so focused in this region for now they are doing all they can to avoid disrupting new subscriptions and existing viewership.

You know. With a film that had no positive impact on HBO Max subscriptions that paperfart was excited to post about in this thread. (:

Hello everyone!  Been pondering this and figured this was a good place to ask.

SPOILER ALERT!

Spoiler

During the final battle Darkseid is looking through the Boom Tube and sees the Mother Boxes sync and explode. Flash then runs faster than the speed of light reversing the last couple seconds and charging Cyborg so he can get inside the Mother Boxes.

Big Question - what did Darkseid see?  Did he see time reverse?  Or, did his time reverse as well leaving him unaware of what just happened?  Or maybe it actually happened so fast he couldn’t see it?!

My guess is that because he is so far away that he watched time go backwards on Earth while his kept going forward (which makes him aware of Flash’s power).  What do you think?

P.S. something else also occurred to me, when the blast happens and Barry is healing, he is already moving faster than the speed of light… it’s just slowed down for us.  Crazy!!

Edited by Iconic1s

17 hours ago, Iconic1s said:

SPOILER ALERT!

Hide contents

During the final battle Darkseid is looking through the Boom Tube and sees the Mother Boxes sync and explode. Flash then runs faster than the speed of light reversing the last couple seconds and charging Cyborg so he can get inside the Mother Boxes.

Big Question - what did Darkseid see?  Did he see time reverse?  Or, did his time reverse as well leaving him unaware of what just happened?  Or maybe it actually happened so fast he couldn’t see it?!

My guess is that because he is so far away that he watched time go backwards on Earth while his kept going forward (which makes him aware of Flash’s power).  What do you think?

P.S. something else also occurred to me, when the blast happens and Barry is healing, he is already moving faster than the speed of light… it’s just slowed down for us.  Crazy!!

I think you are right in that Darkseid saw the events play out, demonstrating what he would be combating upon arrival.

Just finished watching it. So much better than the Whedon cut.

I wonder what other boardies thought about the Blu-ray sound. On my system, one of the loudest mixes I’ve ever heard. Clear, but in your face.

Edited by Ken Aldred

3 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

I think you are right in that Darkseid saw the events play out, demonstrating what he would be combating upon arrival.

I remember reading someone's comment that if JL2 ever got made it could start with Darkseid's view of the finale, in the same way BVS opened with an alternative view of the Metropolis battle and JL opened with the Doomsday battle. 

Sounds to me like it would be a terrific start!

2 hours ago, Ken Aldred said:

Just finished watching it. So much better than the Whedon cut.

I wonder what other boardies thought about the Blu-ray sound. On my system, one of the loudest mixes I’ve ever heard. Clear, but in your face.

I bet the score came through well, I've listened to it a few times now and some of the tracks are amazing. 

21 hours ago, Iconic1s said:

SPOILER ALERT!

Hide contents

I don’t think Darkseid saw anything except a flash of light followed immediately by Cyborg trying to separate the boxes. The sequence with Flash didn’t take any time. Literally.

32 minutes ago, Oddball said:

I don’t think Darkseid saw anything except a flash of light followed immediately by Cyborg trying to separate the boxes. The sequence with Flash didn’t take any time. Literally.

Yes, I think that might have been a possibility too. I am sure there is an answer in Zack Snyder’s head… he usually has these types of things thought out pretty carefully. 

3 hours ago, Ken Aldred said:

To me, I really loved streaming the movie and enjoyed it on HBO Max BUT the Blu-Ray was a completely different thing altogether. The Blu-Ray took it way up in both the colors, resolution AND sound in my opinion… I thought the score was powerful and was perfect everywhere. 

5 hours ago, RickSp said:

I bet the score came through well, I've listened to it a few times now and some of the tracks are amazing. 

It’s really impressive, that’s for sure.

2 hours ago, media_junkie said:

Yeah, doesn't make much sense to me.  As you said Cast and Crew love the guy but critics and twitterverse love to c*r*a*p all over him.  And not just talking about his movies, if you don't like his movies fine, everyone isn't expected to like all the same things, but I mean they go into personal attacks on the guy.

It is quite sad the level of personal attacks he has experienced from official critics, movie bloggers and moviegoers that don't care for his films.

Like you noted. It is totally okay to not care for a film or TV show. But to get so personal for years against one director...

crazy.gif.ba998d5533d9c58d4df5c5be59bae89a.gif

16 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

It is quite sad the level of personal attacks he has experienced from official critics, movie bloggers and moviegoers that don't care for his films.

Like you noted. It is totally okay to not care for a film or TV show. But to get so personal for years against one director...

crazy.gif.ba998d5533d9c58d4df5c5be59bae89a.gif

Especially since he seems to treat everyone so well. It's not like he's David O. Russell. 

19 minutes ago, D84 said:

Especially since he seems to treat everyone so well. It's not like he's David O. Russell. 

Man, I had read Russell was crazy. I just didn't realize how nutty he truly is.

Those articles that came out recently of him trying to fight George Clooney on the set of Three Kings because Clooney suggested he calmed down and stop attacking an intern over a simple mistake. Now that is the person that needs a daily butt kicking or two. And that Lily Tomlin blowup...WOW!

9 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

Man, I had read Russell was crazy. I just didn't realize how nutty he truly is.

Those articles that came out recently of him trying to fight George Clooney on the set of Three Kings because Clooney suggested he calmed down and stop attacking an intern over a simple mistake. Now that is the person that needs a daily butt kicking or two. And that Lily Tomlin blowup...WOW!

How dare he attack Ms. Frizzle!