• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Zack Snyder's JUSTICE LEAGUE on HBO Max (3/18/21)
4 4

2,339 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

Nice!!!!

:applause:

What are the special features? I had heard there is an additional Making Of video. But wasn't sure.

There's just the making video that I have not gotten to watch yet. 

Zack Snyder’s Justice League returns to Number 1 on the Official Film Chart

Zack Snyder’s Justice League has returned to Number 1 on the Official Film Chart, following the film’s release on DVD and Blu-ray.

Scoring double the sales of its closest competition, the Snyder Cut marks its fourth total week at the top with 94% of its sales tally made up of physical copies. Finishing at Number 2, Tom & Jerry: The Movie holds tight in the runner-up spot, also with notable physical sales.

At Number 3 is the highest new entry of the week, Godzilla Vs. Kong. The fourth instalment in Legendary and Warner Bros. Pictures’ ‘MonsterVerse’, two of cinema’s most iconic monsters, Godzilla and Kong, clash in a battle for the ages in this latest film. Its predecessor Godzilla: King of the Monsters also lands in this week’s Top 10 at Number 9.

15 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

So no Justice Is Gray included?

That’s the only version I want. I’m hooked on the “black and white” versions of Mad Max Fury Road, Logan and The Mist. Quotes because these are not simply some de-colorized (is that a word?) version where they flipped the color off. The above are painstakingly created film corrected frame by frame giving us a wide range of rich black levels. Unfortunately you really need a 4K OLED screen to appreciate this. I’ve watched Logan Noir and Fury Road Black and Chrome on both my LCD and OLED TVs and there’s a noticeable difference. The black levels are not as deep on the LCD screens. I have heard that MiniLED and MicroLED tv’s are much closer to replicating the deep blacks associated with OLED but I don’t have either of those to compare.

That said, Snyder spent years working specifically on the black and white version of JL. Longer than Mangold or Darabont spent on their awesome versions. I haven’t seen it yet as I want some time to pass since I’ve watched JL in color.

1 minute ago, Oddball said:

That’s the only version I want. I’m hooked on the “black and white” versions of Mad Max Fury Road, Logan and The Mist. Quotes because these are not simply some de-colorized (is that a word?) version where they flipped the color off. The above are painstakingly created film corrected frame by frame giving us a wide range of rich black levels. Unfortunately you really need a 4K OLED screen to appreciate this. I’ve watched Logan Noir and Fury Road Black and Chrome on both my LCD and OLED TVs and there’s a noticeable difference. The black levels are not as deep on the LCD screens. I have heard that MiniLED and MicroLED tv’s are much closer to replicating the deep blacks associated with OLED but I don’t have either of those to compare.

That said, Snyder spent years working specifically on the black and white version of JL. Longer than Mangold or Darabont spent on their awesome versions. I haven’t seen it yet as I want some time to pass since I’ve watched JL in color.

Justice Is Gray is spectacular. Things jump out at you that in color (bright or otherwise) get slightly washed out. Like with Steppenwolf's moving armor and how it responds to motion and attacks.

6 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

Justice Is Gray is spectacular. Things jump out at you that in color (bright or otherwise) get slightly washed out. Like with Steppenwolf's moving armor and how it responds to motion and attacks.

Can’t wait. You get an entirely different experience when this is done right.  

88AC7468-92F0-4817-9801-C88A490742DB.jpeg

F7B1212B-C56F-4150-8792-65FCA4D6613B.jpeg

Aiming to pick up the Snyder Cut Blu-ray tomorrow. Probably watch the Joss Whedon version first, which is available free now on Amazon Prime, to then get blown away by how much better Snyder’s interpretation is.

Pretty much the same way I watched Batman vs Superman Dawn of Justice; the tedious cinema version, then the far superior Ultimate Edition.

Edited by Ken Aldred

12 hours ago, Ken Aldred said:

Aiming to pick up the Snyder Cut Blu-ray tomorrow. Probably watch the Joss Whedon version first, which is available free now on Amazon Prime, to then get blown away by how much better Snyder’s interpretation is.

Pretty much the same way I watched Batman vs Superman Dawn of Justice; the tedious cinema version, then the far superior Ultimate Edition.

Oof. Those first 30 seconds will set the tone, for sure.

1 hour ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

Oof. Those first 30 seconds will set the tone, for sure.

Yup I wouldn’t even waste my time with a re-watch. It just taints the Snyder Cut. But serious question here. Is there any good significant scene from Whedon that stands out? There are plenty of infamous bad ones we talk about but there has to be at least one great addition? I’ve only watched the first JL release once and never rewatched. 

Just now, Oddball said:

Yup I wouldn’t even waste my time with a re-watch. It just taints the Snyder Cut. But serious question here. Is there any good significant scene from Whedon that stands out? There are plenty of infamous bad ones we talk about but there has to be at least one great addition? I’ve only watched the first JL release once and never rewatched. 

The only "significant" detail that I can think of is Batman transporting Lois to the Kryptonian ship. Batman plans for everything, right? It would make sense that Lois being 'the key' would lead to a contingency for Superman's resurrection.