• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s STAR WARS: AHSOKA TANO show (TBD)
3 3

391 posts in this topic

On 10/4/2023 at 12:46 PM, awakeintheashes said:

One decision in the first few minutes of ANH could have saved us 40+ years of all this…

:insane:

I just watched Family Guy: Blue Harvest for the first time last night for no reason other than I found a digital code on iTunes.

Seemed to honor The New Hope story while having fun with it.

On 10/4/2023 at 11:43 AM, jsilverjanet said:

If Empire was released today, people would complain

I've always thought Return of the Jedi would have been the end of the franchise.

"We waited SIX YEARS for them to give us teddy bears and blow up the Death Star... again?!? I'm done."

But that's only if Empire and ROTJ even got made because the Star Wars Holiday Special would have been on every hard drive.  Bea Arthur sings! Fan boys swoon.

Edited by valiantman

Whilst I loved the lightsaber duel with Ahsoka and Morgan, as it ended I realized that Disney shows suffer from always being stop-gaps.
As time's arrow moves forward for me, I would truly love a beginning, middle, and end with maybe a tease after the credits for all my media going forward.

On 10/4/2023 at 7:18 PM, Chamber of Chills said:

Whilst I loved the lightsaber duel with Ahsoka and Morgan

That really was well done. One of the best live action duels I’ve seen in a while. I was not expecting Morgan to be the opponent to produce such a battle. 

For any Jedi: Fallen Order fans, there look to be quite a few Easter eggs, or more than that, tying it to Ahsoka. 

https://www.ign.com/articles/star-wars-fans-ahsoka-may-share-connection-jedi-fallen-order

Edited by awakeintheashes

On 10/4/2023 at 12:02 PM, I like pie said:

Even Kanan said she was blocked from the force, at the time, due to the trauma with her family.

So that was in Rebels?  That sounds like Filoni setting up early that she is Force-sensitive, and I guess it finally broke through.

Did I miss something earlier in this series with Ahsoka indicating that she saw Sabine's Force sensitivity?  I now have to assume that's why she was training Sabine, because she knew she was Force-sensitive.

On 10/6/2023 at 7:15 AM, fantastic_four said:

So that was in Rebels?  That sounds like Filoni setting up early that she is Force-sensitive, and I guess it finally broke through.

Did I miss something earlier in this series with Ahsoka indicating that she saw Sabine's Force sensitivity?  I now have to assume that's why she was training Sabine, because she knew she was Force-sensitive.

It was in Rebels, yes. Season 3, episode 15 I think.

I believe Sabine is also a descendant of Tarre Vizsla, the first(and only?) Mando/Jedi. However, I can't find anything concrete. Just a couple articles.

I think that's just a matter of time, if not officially canon yet.

As far as I can tell only Rian Johnson in Last Jedi has tried hard in the movies or television series to establish that anyone can be Force-sensitive.  Lucas clearly seemed to prefer that it be somehow tied to genetics.  The fact that Johnson was allowed to just change canon on the fly is another brick in the wall of Kathleen Kennedy's mis-management of the Star Wars universe since Disney acquired it.  But Lucas contributed to this by not making it crystal clear how this is supposed to work.

But I'm not sure how consistent that has been across all of the films, cartoons, and extended universe.  I wouldn't be shocked if there are dozens of allusions to the idea of anyone being a Force wielder throughout canon.  If anyone disagrees or knows of other references to anyone wielding the Force in other works please do share.

Edited by fantastic_four

On 10/6/2023 at 8:58 AM, fantastic_four said:

As far as I can tell only Rian Johnson in Last Jedi has tried hard in the movies or television series to establish that anyone can be Force-sensitive.  Lucas clearly seemed to prefer that it be somehow tied to genetics.  The fact that Johnson was allowed to just change canon on the fly is another brick in the wall of Kathleen Kennedy's mis-management of the Star Wars universe since Disney acquired it.  But Lucas contributed to this by not making it crystal clear how this is supposed to work.

But I'm not sure how consistent that has been across all of the films, cartoons, and extended universe.  I wouldn't be shocked if there are dozens of allusions to the idea of anyone being a Force wielder throughout canon.  If anyone disagrees or knows of other references to anyone wielding the Force in other works please do share.

Every child in the Jedi Temple has the genetics to be Force-sensitive, every Sith has the genetics to be Force-sensitive, so even if Lucas did require it to be genetic, he created the Prequels and put those genetics in dozens, hundreds, or thousands of "families" from all sorts of planets and species.

I'm pretty sure the phrase, "force sensitive " has never been said in any of the movies. Again, coming back to Lucas originally intending that every living being has the potential to use the force in one way or another. 

Edited by I like pie

On 10/6/2023 at 6:27 AM, I like pie said:

I believe Sabine is also a descendant of Tarre Vizsla, the first(and only?) Mando/Jedi. However, I can't find anything concrete. Just a couple articles.

This is the first I've heard that theory.  She's part of House Wren.  Tarre Viszla is part of House Viszla.  His descendants being (current as of the shows timeline) Pre and Paz Viszla.

On 10/6/2023 at 3:05 PM, ExNihilo said:

This is the first I've heard that theory.  She's part of House Wren.  Tarre Viszla is part of House Viszla.  His descendants being (current as of the shows timeline) Pre and Paz Viszla.

Clan Wren is/was part if House Vizsla. That's where it stems from.

On 10/6/2023 at 1:14 PM, I like pie said:

Clan Wren is/was part if House Vizsla. That's where it stems from.

Mandalorian clan | Wookieepedia | Fandom

This was all I could find.  I'm unfamiliar with Mandalorian politics, but it seems that "Clans" are a family hierarchy, and "Houses" are a political one.  Clan Wren allied itself with Clan Vizsla as part of House Vizsla, but that doesn't necessarily mean there are any familial ties between the two.  I didn't dig too much, so there could be more lore that I'm missing.  Given the lengthy history of Clan Vizsla, anything's possible.

On 10/6/2023 at 4:45 PM, I like pie said:
On 10/6/2023 at 4:38 PM, ExNihilo said:

but that doesn't necessarily mean there are any familial ties between the two.

Agreed, so it remains just a theory, but it would neatly explain why Sabine has been able to use force powers

The one wildcard here is Sabine’s father, who took his wife’s last name of Wren due to her power and station in Mandalorian society. 

I don’t think there is much known about his past before marrying Ursa Wren, but he did hold Tarre Vizsla in high regard and took his children to admire the statue often. Granted, that doesn’t mean there’s relation.

On 10/6/2023 at 8:28 PM, awakeintheashes said:

The one wildcard here is Sabine’s father, who took his wife’s last name of Wren due to her power and station in Mandalorian society. 

I don’t think there is much known about his past before marrying Ursa Wren, but he did hold Tarre Vizsla in high regard and took his children to admire the statue often. Granted, that doesn’t mean there’s relation.

I would think if Sabine's father were a Vizsla, he would have kept the family name.  For him to take Wren as his last name suggests it elevated his station in Mandalorian society.  I also imagine for him to take Wren would be seen as a betrayal by other Vizsla Clan members.  Given Bo Katan supported Death Watch, and Ursa Wren served as Bo's right hand, it seems there was no bad blood between Clan Wren and Clan Vizsla during the Clone Wars.  I'm unfamiliar with the timeline though, was Sabine born during the Clone Wars?  As in, would Ursa and her husband have been married prior to any falling out between the two Clans.

Back to the subject of Ahsoka though, I think I said it early on in the season, but the revelation that Sabine is attuned to the Force is one thing that bothers me.  We knew she had some force sensitivity from Rebels as she trained with Kanan, but the Jedi also seem to only train from a young age.  By the end of the Rebellion, Sabine would have been WAY too old to properly begin training.  Then again, when the Jedi of the universe have been purged, I guess you don't really have the luxury of being picky about who you train in the old ways.

On 10/6/2023 at 8:48 PM, ExNihilo said:

I think I said it early on in the season, but the revelation that Sabine is attuned to the Force is one thing that bothers me.  We knew she had some force sensitivity from Rebels as she trained with Kanan, but the Jedi also seem to only train from a young age.  By the end of the Rebellion, Sabine would have been WAY too old to properly begin training.  Then again, when the Jedi of the universe have been purged, I guess you don't really have the luxury of being picky about who you train in the old ways.

Sounds like you just worked it out on your own here. The organized Jedi Order no longer exists. The rules of training are out the window. We can just assume that Ahsoka trained Sabine due to her relation to the Ghost Crew AND Sabine wanting to train. I have tons of problems with not knowing what their relationship during early training (and the break up) was like that would have served as a baseline for their interactions we see during this season, but zero problem with the idea of Sabine being trained to unlock the force. We have seen Sabine training with the dark saber (and fighting with Ezra's saber) and her force sensitivity was even a point of discussion in Rebels -- so it's just not as big a leap as if Ahsoka were training Hondo or Huyang or something out of left field. IMO, the failure of this aspect not landing 100% is down to how it was delivered dramatically in the show.