• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s STAR WARS: AHSOKA TANO show (TBD)
3 3

391 posts in this topic

On 9/27/2023 at 11:22 AM, fantastic_four said:

Why Peridea?  Wouldn't Dathomir be home base for the Nightsisters since that's where they evolved?  I suppose that links to your other statement...

On 9/27/2023 at 10:39 AM, awakeintheashes said:

I believe Peridea is supposed to be the cradle of the known Star Wars galaxy. 

What makes you say that--was there a hint about that at some point?

Yes, I believe Morgan or Baylan mentioned this at one point. I’ll check wookiepedia to see if that’s correct. 

Forget everything I said about Dathomirians.  Reading the Wookipedia entry on them shows they're a mix of humans and some species called Zabrak from another planet.  Didn't realize Filoni had made the back story for Darth Maul's species so complex.  I saw the Clone Wars episodes where they first showed the Nightsisters, but I don't recall them mentioning in those episodes that they were a mix of humans and Zabraks.

On 9/27/2023 at 12:07 PM, fantastic_four said:

Forget everything I said about Dathomirians.  Reading the Wookipedia entry on them shows they're a mix of humans and some species called Zabrak from another planet.  Didn't realize Filoni had made the back story for Darth Maul's species so complex.  I saw the Clone Wars episodes where they first showed the Nightsisters, but I don't recall them mentioning in those episodes that they were a mix of humans and Zabraks.

He’s definitely built quite a huge galaxy and provided a lot of backstory to characters we had met previously. You can tell he did it out of pure love for Star Wars. It’s nice to see he’s getting the opportunity to bring more of this to life and to the masses. 

I really hope he gets Feige money and title at some point. The guy really cares about this property. 

Are those dogtags he’s wearing as chainmail? 

IMG_6214.jpeg.b7b550b432807e346e51739eb1886b9a.jpeg

Also, any guesses as to what is in the

Spoiler

coffins/crates that are being moved onto the ship the last couple episodes? Thrawn going to build an army with zombie troopers by stopping by Dathomir?

On 9/27/2023 at 2:20 PM, awakeintheashes said:

Also, any guesses as to what is in the

Reveal hidden contents

coffins/crates that are being moved onto the ship the last couple episodes? Thrawn going to build an army with zombie troopers by stopping by Dathomir?

Would it make sense that the cargo/crates/

Spoiler

coffins are dead Jedi? Very few disappear when they die.

On 9/27/2023 at 4:38 PM, fantastic_four said:

There was a scene in Obi-Wan Kenobi where we saw the Sith Inquisitors had a vault of dead Jedi.  I can't remember if they ever hinted where they were planning to go with that.

In Rebels it was briefly touched on that they use those corpses to draw out Jedi in hiding. Was a cool idea and another opportunity missed by the Kenobi show 

With all Star Wars shows we won’t know until we know, but there have been some sneaky Easter Eggs and some interesting theories floating around…. not sure how Baylan knows all the info and people he knows.

Some have also theorized that the “something calling to” Baylan and the power the Nightsisters are fleeing is Abeloth

On 9/28/2023 at 4:03 PM, awakeintheashes said:

With all Star Wars shows we won’t know until we know, but there have been some sneaky Easter Eggs and some interesting theories floating around…. not sure how Baylan knows all the info and people he knows.

Some have also theorized that the “something calling to” Baylan and the power the Nightsisters are fleeing is Abeloth

I liked them slipping in Temuera Morrison's voice in Episode 5 as one of the clone troopers.

On 9/28/2023 at 4:22 PM, Bosco685 said:

I liked them slipping in Temuera Morrison's voice in Episode 5 as one of the clone troopers.

One of my favorite moments of that episode was seeing Captain Rex brought to life. 

Highly recommend checking out the Clone Wars episodes that focused on Rex and Ahsoka during Order 66. Some gripping and heartbreaking stuff. 

Edited by awakeintheashes

On 9/28/2023 at 4:17 PM, awakeintheashes said:

One of my favorite moments of that episode was seeing Captain Rex brought to life. 

Highly recommend checking out the Clone Wars episodes that focused on Rex and Ahsoka during Order 66. Some gripping and heartbreaking stuff. 

To get the full impact, you really have to watch all of Clone Wars. There are some filler episodes but well worth it.

Rex is easily my favorite non force user in Star Wars.

The main reason I haven't seen Rebels yet is I'm working my way in order through the cartoons and am only most of the way through Clone Wars season 5.  Been watching them with my kids for the past 3 years, and it's often tough to get them to watch Clone Wars instead of all the other cartoons they want to see.  :blush:

Edited by fantastic_four

On 9/28/2023 at 8:39 PM, fantastic_four said:

The main reason I haven't seen Rebels yet is I'm working my way in order through the cartoons and am only most of the way through Clone Wars season 5.  Been watching them with my kids for the past 3 years, and it's often tough to get them to watch Clone Wars instead of all the other cartoons they want to see.  :blush:

I tried that and then just plowed through the episodes after I put them to bed. A lot less distractions, too. I still plan to watch it with my son when he wants to watch it. 

Ahsoka Anakin just name dropped a major Star Wars character who was supposed to appear in the prequels

In what could be his final live-action appearance, Hayden Christensen’s Anakin Skywalker left messages for his one-time Padawan, Ahsoka Tano. In Ahsoka episode 7, he namechecks a handful of villains she should be wary of in the then-upcoming war: Count Dooku, General Grievous, and Asajj Ventress.

Ventress, an assassin trained by Dooku in the ways of the Dark Side, is a hugely complex Star Wars character. A constant thorn in the side of Obi-Wan Kenobi and Anakin, she longed to be considered a Sith, but was eventually betrayed by her master and later embraced her Nightsister past. Ventress then sided with the forces of good, sacrificing herself to save her lover Quinlan Vos.

Found an article outlining Ventress' original role in the prequels.  Wow, she was the original villain in Attack of the Clones instead of Dooku!  :whatthe:

https://www.cbr.com/star-wars-ventress-attack-clones-origin-sith-lord/

On 9/29/2023 at 6:03 AM, Bosco685 said:

Ventress then sided with the forces of good, sacrificing herself to save her lover Quinlan Vos.

I know some here haven't come to terms with this yet. Please let me know if anyone needs to talk about it. We're here for you.