• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s STAR WARS: AHSOKA TANO show (TBD)
3 3

391 posts in this topic

On 10/4/2023 at 7:49 AM, awakeintheashes said:

For anyone who didn’t watch clone wars, here is some backstory on two unspoken references we saw during the closing sequence.

Hide contents

Morai - Morai was a female convor with spiritual ties to the Daughter, a Force wielder from Mortis. She appeared in various depictions of the Force wielders alongside the Daughter. It was believed by some that the convor in these depictions was a servant of the Daughter or even a manifestation of the Daughter herself in another form. Morai became a friend of former Jedi Padawan Ahsoka Tano, whom the Daughter transferred her life essence into prior to her death, and came to accompany and watch over her. Tano claimed that she owed the convor her life.

Mortis Gods - The Ones,[2] also known as the Mortis gods,[5]were a powerful family of Force wielders that resided on the planet Mortis.[2] They consisted of the Son, who aligned with the dark side of the Force, the Daughter, who was aligned with the light side of the Force, and the Father, who represented the balance of the Force.[4] Both the Son and the Daughter were immortal[6] so long as the Father remained alive.[7]

The Ones were also depicted as sculptures on the extragalactic planet of Peridea, carved into the face of a rocky mountain, overlooking a valley towards a starry peak.[8]

Thank you. I was actually going to ask these questions, as I didn't understand who those statues were.

:cheers:

On 10/4/2023 at 8:01 AM, Bosco685 said:

Thank you. I was actually going to ask these questions, as I didn't understand who those statues were.

:cheers:

That scene had me the most excited…and well sad. 

Spoiler

We see that Filoni wants to build on this more and Baylan is a great character to do it with, but with the loss of Ray, I don’t know how they will do it or do it well with the loss of such a talent  

On 10/4/2023 at 8:06 AM, awakeintheashes said:

That scene had me the most excited…and well sad. 

Reveal hidden contents

We see that Filoni wants to build on this more and Baylan is a great character to do it with, but with the loss of Ray, I don’t know how they will do it or do it well with the loss of such a talent  

An interesting article on this topic.

Spoiler

Ahsoka's Baylan Skoll Ending Twist & Mortis Statue Explained

Ray Stevenson's Baylan Skoll turned out to be one of the most important, yet complex characters in the Ahsoka series on Disney+.

Ahsoka's Mortis Reveal With Baylan Skoll
Ever since the beginning of Ahsoka, it was clear to fans that Ray Stevenson's Baylan Skoll was chasing something that wasn't the remnant of the Empire.

This idea became even more prevalent when the Star Wars character actually stated that he traveled to Peridea because he could feel that a greater power was there and that it was calling him.

In Episode 7, Baylan ultimately parted ways with his apprentice, Shin Hati, and told her that he had to go his own way - that something was still calling to him.

Stevenson's character notably only appeared in one brief scene in Episode 8, but that scene had major implications on what his character arc was throughout the show, as well as the strong presence he felt.

image.png.76f7a73fe83eae8e684c8605e8a483c1.png

On 10/4/2023 at 2:16 AM, Tnexus said:

Ironically I'd say Timothy Zahn's Heir to the Empire saved Star Wars. He spawned the EU that lasted 20+ years until Disney killed it.

I say all this as a bitter, old EU fanboy. I'm not trying to rain on anyone's parade. I do appreciate Filoni bringing back EU stuff into cannon. I just hate that so much amazing EU stuff got erased in the first place.

Not everyone is going to like Star Wars. Sorry you didn't(shrug)

On 10/4/2023 at 6:55 AM, s-man said:

They all would've been better off if Ahsoka had just destroyed the device when she found it

Ahsoka never had a reason to do this while it was in her possession. Her concern was it getting into the wrong hands. Yes, everything could have been avoided if Sabine had done it, but she was taking a gamble. 

Edited by awakeintheashes

One more thing I thought was done well was the brief, yet informative, reason why Ahsoka and Sabine had a falling out. Also, why Ahsoka “walked away from her”

Spoiler

Training Sabine to leverage her force sensitivity during a time of great trauma (and mandalorian temper) could have put her down a darker path. 

On 10/4/2023 at 8:12 AM, I like pie said:

Some of the best Star Wars here since the original trilogy.

I'm glad it's been well received on every platform by critics and audiences. That cements more to come in the future.

Some of you need to turn spellcheck on thoughlol

nrlv4o19pdj71.png

But what if the "H" is silent?  Can't it be anywhere?

Ahsoka

Ashoka

Asohka

Asokha

Asokah

Hasoka

... but I'm just being a smart hass.

On 10/4/2023 at 12:35 AM, jsilverjanet said:

He certainly help define the true meaning of the Jedi that was somewhat lost with the prequels 

he also gave us one of the best characters in Ashoka 

and helped flesh out Anakin Skywalker better than the prequels did 

I know this will not make me popular, but this series to me destroyed the force.   Making Sabine force sensative, makes the force and force users no longer special. She should not be a force user period.  This idea that anyone can learn to use the force is terrible. 

In a world where Order 66 occurred, there are far far too many pseudo Jedi around.  Also, the light saber is now the most worthless weapon in the universe.  It does not kill, and only cuts where the plot absolutely needs it too.

I know I am in the minority here, but I felt this series was mediocre to bad.

On 10/4/2023 at 11:26 AM, Tnexus said:

Did they ever explain how Ezra escaped the star destroyer (end of rebels) and avoided Thrawn's wrath for 7 years?

Nope. Nor did they explain how Thrawn "w.oke up the witches." I don't think there was enough time for that right in the middle of an already developing story. The only thing Ezra did mention is that he went into hiding because it wasn't safe. That'll have to be an episode 1 of season 2 story or a separate comic/animation/novel. 

Weird that word is censored now.

On 10/4/2023 at 11:33 AM, drotto said:

In a world where Order 66 occurred, there are far far too many pseudo Jedi around.

Not going to try to change your mind about the show. I don't think everyone needs to like every Star Wars show. What I like about Star Wars compared to the MCU is that stories can exist on their own without needing to tie into everything else or result in a team-up. There's a big bad (the empire), but people and pockets are dealing with it in their own way. Andor was a perfect example of this, and I hope Disney produces more SW shows like it. 

Order 66 was successful in killing A LOT of Jedi. Order 66 did not eliminate force-sensitive children being born or existing. Yes, there were attempts by the empire and inquisitors to sense out and eliminate those who are force sensitive or indoctrinate them. Those attempts were very successful, but the galaxy is a large place.

On 10/4/2023 at 10:48 AM, awakeintheashes said:

Not going to try to change your mind about the show. I don't think everyone needs to like every Star Wars show. What I like about Star Wars compared to the MCU is that stories can exist on their own without needing to tie into everything else or result in a team-up. Andor was a perfect example of this, and I can see Disney doing more of this. 

Order 66 was successful in killing A LOT of Jedi. Order 66 did not eliminate force-sensitive children being born or existing. Yes, there were attempts by the empire and inquisitors to sense out and eliminate those who are force sensitive or indoctrinate them. Those attempts were very successful, but the galaxy is a large place.

I would think that not all force sensitive children were in the Jedi temple (or being trained by Jedi)

Maybe they could have taken a midichlorian count of Sabine to satisfy the masses

Edited by jsilverjanet

On 10/4/2023 at 10:33 AM, drotto said:

I know this will not make me popular, but this series to me destroyed the force.   Making Sabine force sensative, makes the force and force users no longer special. She should not be a force user period.  This idea that anyone can learn to use the force is terrible. 

Eh. With 99% of the Jedi gone, there's about 12 adept force users in the galaxy. It's Star Wars. People move things with the force. Even Kanan said she was blocked from the force, at the time, due to the trauma with her family. I'm fine with it but I know a lot of people will gripe about it.

On 10/4/2023 at 11:48 AM, awakeintheashes said:

Not going to try to change your mind about the show. I don't think everyone needs to like every Star Wars show. What I like about Star Wars compared to the MCU is that stories can exist on their own without needing to tie into everything else or result in a team-up. There's a big bad (the empire), but people and pockets are dealing with it in their own way. Andor was a perfect example of this, and I hope Disney produces more SW shows like it. 

Not saying there has not been some good stuff.  I really like Mando seasons 1 and 2.  But to me this series fall pray to the same issues that the MCU series do.  They are movies stretched out to 6 hours of content that basically go nowhere.

After 8 episodes we get

1. Ezra back home

2. Ahsoka stuck away

3. World Between Worlds introduced 

4. Sabine is a Jedi

5. Thrawn is back.

That's it, not a lot for that amount of time.  Also, the story of finding Thrawn is pointless because he essentially won, and despite what Ahsoka and crew did, they did not change him getting home. They had no effect on this story, he would have gotten home if they never showed up.

It is also just another bridge series.   If you did not have working knowledge of Clone Wars and Rebels you would miss tons here, and there was no story resolution.  They series can not stand on its own, it provided no endpoint. Just hey watch the next thing to see what happens.

On 10/4/2023 at 12:20 PM, valiantman said:

I hope you're not a fan of Raiders of the Lost Ark.

I love Raiders, it is a valid point, but the rest of the movie is brilliant so I can forgive it.  This not so much.

On 10/4/2023 at 12:43 PM, jsilverjanet said:

If Empire was released today, people would complain

One decision in the first few minutes of ANH could have saved us 40+ years of all this…