• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s STAR WARS: AHSOKA TANO show (TBD)
3 3

391 posts in this topic

For anyone who missed out on the Black Series preorder of Sabine at BBTS, she's In Stock right now! Good luck! I grabbed one. 

Now to make a final decision on the Hot Toys, and I'm done. All signs say yes.... 

STAR WARS Ahsoka Episode 8 Runtime Reveals a Disappointing Fact About the Finale

Aside from a short Episode 3, every episode so far has been 40-something minutes long, which feels consistent with a classic hour-long broadcast series (minus commercials).

Twitter user @Cryptic4KQual, who has correctly predicted the episode runtimes of both The Mandalorian Season 3 and Ahsoka so far, says Episode 8 episode will have a runtime of 49 minutes. After eliminating the runtimes of the Disney+ dubbing credits and the normal credit sequence, that leaves only 42 minutes and 43 seconds of actual episode.

This isn’t a short episode — it’s almost exactly the runtime of Episode 5, aka the Clone Wars flashback episode — but it’s not inordinately long either, meaning we may not get to tie up every plot line introduced in the series so far. Hopefully, this means we’ll get a big cliffhanger that will pay off in Ahsoka Season 2, or maybe even Dave Filoni’s planned Mando-verse movie.

SABINE NEEDS TO GET HOME TO FEED HER LOTH-CAT. This will be her final shot. 

And how cool was C3PO's appearance in ep7. It's totally something Leia would have done. 

Edited by Cat

Since it's unlikely to happen, I'll just say that there was a pretty cool "fan fiction" hypothesis that if Thrawn could be somehow delayed (time dilation, faster-than-light travel) in his return to the Star Wars galaxy, he could arrive AFTER the events of Rise of Skywalker and be the new Star Wars "big bad" post-Emperor.

First reaction after watching - Landing stuck. 

Filoni, we’re not worthy. 

The last 5 minutes are filled with a lot of goodness, especially if you were a fan of any of the animated stuff. 

Spoiler

I wonder if we will get anything else on the Baylan Skoll story after seeing the ending scenes. I had a feeling that is the power he was speaking of. 

I guess it could be animated. 

Edited by awakeintheashes

On 10/3/2023 at 9:29 PM, awakeintheashes said:

The last 5 minutes are filled with a lot of goodness, especially if you were a fan of any of the animated stuff. 

Hide contents

I wonder if we will get anything else on the Baylan Skoll story after seeing the ending scenes. I had a feeling that is the power he was speaking of. 

Yeah, likewise.  Very enjoyable and looking forward to next season.  We have multiple storylines that are on cliffhanger status and I'm interested in all of them. 

Well done!  :headbang:

For anyone who didn’t watch Rebels, Kanan Jarrus and Caleb Dume are the same person. Huyang uses both names during his interaction with Ezra, which may be confusing to anyone not familiar with the character. 

On 10/3/2023 at 9:19 PM, Tnexus said:

So just to recap...

Hide contents

Had Ahsoka done nothing at all starting in episode 1, the only thing that would have changed in 8 episodes was Ezra swapped places with Asohka and Sabine.

I just do not get the Filoni love. He's all fanboy with no substance.

It's character development (for those who didn't watch any of the animated series) wrapped up with space battles, lasers, and explosions.  If you've learned anything from Clone Wars and Rebels, it's the importance of character development.  That, and patience.  Neither of those shows took off until later seasons.

On 10/3/2023 at 7:29 PM, awakeintheashes said:

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

I was NOT expecting a reference to the Mortis gods.

On 10/3/2023 at 11:38 PM, ExNihilo said:

It's character development (for those who didn't watch any of the animated series) wrapped up with space battles, lasers, and explosions.  If you've learned anything from Clone Wars and Rebels, it's the importance of character development.  That, and patience.  Neither of those shows took off until later seasons.

They've had 12(?) seasons to do character development though. These characters know each other very well. They were like family on cartoon. (Maybe not quite Asokha.) In the live action you had all these reunions and it felt like they were living in covid times. No one touched, no one hugged, nothing. All the relationships felt so... sterile.

We also aren't getting numerous seasons of this. It's probably 2-3 and a movie.

Edited by Tnexus

On 10/3/2023 at 9:32 PM, awakeintheashes said:

What he has added to canon has been more substantive than anything anyone has done since Lucas. Many believe Clone Wars saved Star Wars, which may or may not be true, but I think the story playing out is a bit more than fan service. He deserves the love he gets.  

Ironically I'd say Timothy Zahn's Heir to the Empire saved Star Wars. He spawned the EU that lasted 20+ years until Disney killed it.

I say all this as a bitter, old EU fanboy. I'm not trying to rain on anyone's parade. I do appreciate Filoni bringing back EU stuff into cannon. I just hate that so much amazing EU stuff got erased in the first place.

Edited by Tnexus

I really wanted to like this show, even went so far as to watch some of the clone war and rebel eps to get more up on the characters.  But in the end it just didn't work for me.  It all came down to Sabine screwing up twice and Ahsoka forgiving her both times.  They all would've been better off if Ahsoka had just destroyed the device when she found it.  Sure there would be no

Spoiler

return of Ezra but also no return of Thrawn either.

On 10/4/2023 at 3:16 AM, Tnexus said:

Ironically I'd say Timothy Zahn's Heir to the Empire saved Star Wars.

I can see that and do agree. Before that, there hadn’t been anything new and interest in the franchise could have faded. 

Clone Wars helped flesh out many of the prequel characters and events, and because of which many people now see the prequels in a different light. In my opinion, Filoni is the person who has saved Star Wars from itself and keeps having to fix the issues caused by outside sources. 

Everything he’s doing now is trying to tell a proper story of what happened after the fall of the Empire, while trying to make it all work given there is a trilogy of  dangling turds at the endpoint. 

On 10/4/2023 at 2:39 AM, ExNihilo said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I was NOT expecting a reference to the Mortis gods.

I posted this somewhere else. Don’t think I posted it here. Either way I was partially right. 

Spoiler

He is quite full of himself. It’s possible he sees himself as taking on the role of the Mortis Father, with Shin Hati as the daughter and Ezra as the son. He brought Sabine to find and use her as leverage.

He mentioned there was a great power on the planet - one that the witches were fleeing. He may know something that has yet to be revealed. I believe Peridea is where all the events that take place in SW lore were to have started when the witches left the planet and settled across the new galaxy. It would be fitting for him to think a new beginning starts where the everything was suspected to have begun.

With that said, I think Anakin has taken on the role of the Father and is now a Mortis God.

For anyone who didn’t watch clone wars, here is some backstory on two unspoken references we saw during the closing sequence.

Spoiler

Morai - Morai was a female convor with spiritual ties to the Daughter, a Force wielder from Mortis. She appeared in various depictions of the Force wielders alongside the Daughter. It was believed by some that the convor in these depictions was a servant of the Daughter or even a manifestation of the Daughter herself in another form. Morai became a friend of former Jedi Padawan Ahsoka Tano, whom the Daughter transferred her life essence into prior to her death, and came to accompany and watch over her. Tano claimed that she owed the convor her life.

Mortis Gods - The Ones,[2] also known as the Mortis gods,[5]were a powerful family of Force wielders that resided on the planet Mortis.[2] They consisted of the Son, who aligned with the dark side of the Force, the Daughter, who was aligned with the light side of the Force, and the Father, who represented the balance of the Force.[4] Both the Son and the Daughter were immortal[6] so long as the Father remained alive.[7]

The Ones were also depicted as sculptures on the extragalactic planet of Peridea, carved into the face of a rocky mountain, overlooking a valley towards a starry peak.[8]