• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Modern Star Wars Comics that are heating up
17 17

1,470 posts in this topic

On 2/4/2022 at 12:12 PM, Crops068 said:

That would be only viable if it ends up being Luke vs Cad.  Otherwise I do not see Cad dying.  But you really cannot rule it out.

I’m hoping that Cad and Fennec Shand square off again.  They seemed evenly matched in Bad Batch S1E9. We need a rematch. 

On 2/4/2022 at 7:47 PM, awakeintheashes said:

Bounty Hunters #14 (Cover A) has had some $10+ sales recently and a 9.8 sold for $112.50. Trending up.

Some listings are claiming it is a Bo-Katan cameo/1st comic appearance. It is not. That is not Bo-Katan.

Just a curiosity question.  Are you saying it’s not Bo-Karan or just not her first appearance?

I’ve seen sellers claim it’s her first appearance in canon.

On 2/5/2022 at 6:28 AM, Catwomancomics said:

Just a curiosity question.  Are you saying it’s not Bo-Karan or just not her first appearance?

I’ve seen sellers claim it’s her first appearance in canon.

It’s not Bo-Katan 

The artist confirmed it’s not her on twitter. I’ll look for it and post it. 

On 2/5/2022 at 4:41 AM, kimik said:

If so, that’d be awesome. However, it may be another “we got this covered” clone that reports garage just to report. I’ll wait until it’s confirmed by a reputable source. 

On 2/5/2022 at 7:16 PM, fastballspecial said:

Darth Maul 2 and 3 really selling well now. I must admit I loved how they introduce him that was nice.

I like Book of Boba Fett probably better than most (after hearing/reading comments). I've really enjoyed it all except the one episode (power ranger bikers). I do feel though that they are leaning into the "western" trope a little too hard though. Lucas always had the western tone in the first trilogy and the Mandalorian pushed it a bit further. BoBF seems to have pushed it a little far for me. I still like the show just seemed a little heavy handed. It reminded me of the pod race in Ep 1. Not the childish, ridiculousness of the pod race just the out of place feeling that it had. 

On 2/5/2022 at 8:27 PM, kevhtx said:

I like Book of Boba Fett probably better than most (after hearing/reading comments). I've really enjoyed it all except the one episode (power ranger bikers). I do feel though that they are leaning into the "western" trope a little too hard though. Lucas always had the western tone in the first trilogy and the Mandalorian pushed it a bit further. BoBF seems to have pushed it a little far for me. I still like the show just seemed a little heavy handed. It reminded me of the pod race in Ep 1. Not the childish, ridiculousness of the pod race just the out of place feeling that it had. 

I'm with you on the totally out of place hover bikes.  Who passed those in the art department?  Probably was nixxed by the art lead and a suit says keep those in there..wtf?  Also, the Gammorean Guards look horrible in Mando and BoBF.  I think I may have said this here or somewhere, but obviously the whole team working on those shows has never watched ROTJ!?  They just look like humans with masks that are too big for their bodies, the green color is too light and they lack all the proprortions of the guards we know from the original film.  It's like we get 1/3 content to appease the real hardcore fans of the universe, and the other 2/3 is the Disneyfied garbage to cater to the people who have hopped on the bandwagon in the last 5 or so years.  The same ones who will hop off the wagon before too long to follow the lemming's to the next IP. End of rantrant

On 2/5/2022 at 8:33 PM, gradejunky said:

I'm with you on the totally out of place hover bikes.  Who passed those in the art department?  Probably was nixxed by the art lead and a suit says keep those in there..wtf?  Also, the Gammorean Guards look horrible in Mando and BoBF.  I think I may have said this here or somewhere, but obviously the whole team working on those shows has never watched ROTJ!?  They just look like humans with masks that are too big for their bodies, the green color is too light and they lack all the proprortions of the guards we know from the original film.  It's like we get 1/3 content to appease the real hardcore fans of the universe, and the other 2/3 is the Disneyfied garbage to cater to the people who have hopped on the bandwagon in the last 5 or so years.  The same ones who will hop off the wagon before too long to follow the lemming's to the next IP. End of rantrant

You realize the normal to casual fan will have no clue what you are talking about right? 

On 2/4/2022 at 5:51 PM, darkstar said:

That character isn't going anywhere, too big of a merchandising draw. 

And just flat-out too cool.  Would be a huge mistake to subtract him.

I dont want to give the impression I dont like the show. I enjoy it. It isn't perfect, but much better than the s*** that was the last two movies.

I appreciate that it's a balancing act when trying to write great content that appeals to a wide variety of fans who are multi-generational along with trying to garner new fans.

Plus, I have all the main keys for Can Bane and Black Krrsantan. ;)