• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Modern Star Wars Comics that are heating up
17 17

1,470 posts in this topic

Same here. I have a bunch of Star Wars comics that I sent to CCS/CGC fast tracked in May that are still in CCS. They've said "CCS in process" for like 2 months now. I sure hope they finish them soon so they can get graded. I emailed customer service the other day and they said they are still within their estimated turn around time. Seems odd to me though. They got them in May and been in CCS for almost 2 months now (I cant remember when they actually said they "received them"). I have some Boba Fett books in there along with a high grade SW 42.

4 modern Star Wars comics that I'm currently watching closely:

• High Republic 1

Continues to be stable selling for between $20 to $30 for raw books, closer to $30 still for the Hans variant.

CGC 9.8s are ranging from $80 to $100 which is a healthy spot for it to be holding without much news in terms of show development. I am tempted to submit the remaining 20 or so raw copies that I have to be graded, but am holding off for now. I have 3 copies at CGC now.

• High Republic Adventures 2

Many people are seeing this book as having high spec potential in 2022 (in this forum as well). The youtube community is pushing this book a bit too.

Raw copies are going for between $5 and $13. The high sale is from the UK though, I find that UK sales often create outliers so I put this book around $8 at the moment. 

CGC 9.8s are around $50 to $90. The 1:10 incentive is between about $80 and $100. I have 10 copies of the normal cover and one of the 1:10 incentives. Holding off submitting them for now... also waiting for CGC to recognize the 1st appearance in their label before I consider submitting any of my copies. When the time comes to sell these graded, buyers will want the appearance noted on the label... so due to that, I want it there too.

• Jabba the Hutt Bounty Hunters 1

Mostly selling for cover price still. Might be a good time to buy a 1:25 incentive cover. For now, I just have 10 copies of the Chang variant. I thought there might be some controversy with this cover, but also like it for the 1st appearance.

• High Republic Adventures - Monster of Temple Peak 1

Had a recent high raw sale of $25.41, perhaps an outlier. Raws are generally going for around $5 to $6 or just cover price. CGC 9.8s are around $60. I have 10 copies of this issue.

On 12/30/2021 at 12:05 PM, eddly said:

• High Republic 1

Continues to be stable selling for between $20 to $30 for raw books, closer to $30 still for the Hans variant.

CGC 9.8s are ranging from $80 to $100 which is a healthy spot for it to be holding without much news in terms of show development. I am tempted to submit the remaining 20 or so raw copies that I have to be graded, but am holding off for now. I have 3 copies at CGC now.

Many people are seeing this book as having high spec potential in 2022 (in this forum as well). The youtube community is pushing this book a bit too.

Raw copies are going for between $5 and $13. The high sale is from the UK though, I find that UK sales often create outliers so I put this book around $8 at the moment. 

CGC 9.8s are around $50 to $90. The 1:10 incentive is between about $80 and $100. I have 10 copies of the normal cover and one of the 1:10 incentives. Holding off submitting them for now... also waiting for CGC to recognize the 1st appearance in their label before I consider submitting any of my copies. When the time comes to sell these graded, buyers will want the appearance noted on the label... so due to that, I want it there too.

Mostly selling for cover price still. Might be a good time to buy a 1:25 incentive cover. For now, I just have 10 copies of the Chang variant. I thought there might be some controversy with this cover, but also like it for the 1st appearance.

Had a recent high raw sale of $25.41, perhaps an outlier. Raws are generally going for around $5 to $6 or just cover price. CGC 9.8s are around $60. I have 10 copies of this issue.

HRA #1 & #2 as well as the Jabba the Hutt book have huge potential, IMO. I agree, the Chang cover seems to be the one to get. I’ve said it multiple times here, so I’m sure I sound like a broken record, but glad others are starting to catch on. 

Also, don’t sleep on Bounty Hunters #14

Edited by awakeintheashes

Solo: A Star Wars Story #1 has been blowing up since WotBH, I believe, but it’s getting even more attention with the fact that the 

Spoiler

Crimson Dawn

theme is featured in the Book of Boba Fett theme song. 

On 12/30/2021 at 12:05 PM, eddly said:

• High Republic 1

How are the later printings of HR #1 selling? I thought there was like 5 or 6 printings, with most people caught of guard on the second printing.

On 12/30/2021 at 1:09 PM, mr_highgrade said:

How are the later printings of HR #1 selling? I thought there was like 5 or 6 printings, with most people caught of guard on the second printing.

They seem to have cooled off from when I last checked. There was a second printing of #8, which I don’t think was printed anywhere near the amounts of #1-3. I didn’t see as many in the wild as I did with the others. I don’t think it has any heat right now, but it would make sense that it would if the series or 1st appearances heat up

On 12/30/2021 at 11:04 AM, awakeintheashes said:

HRA #1 & #2 as well as the Jabba the Hutt book have huge potential, IMO. I agree, the Chang cover seems to be the one to get. I’ve said it multiple times here, so I’m sure I sound like a broken record, but glad others are starting to catch on. 

Also, don’t sleep on Bounty Hunters #14

HRA #1 came out hot with the yoda 1:10 variant but has cooled substantially since. Can it get to $100 again in a CGC 9.8 in the near future? The main cover is treading water at cover price or a little above that. Could be a good time to buy more of this book if you believe in it long term.

I guess I missed bounty hunters 14 completely. Not really looking to buy anything new at the moment, my comic budget is completely spent with multiple submissions currently with CGC.

On 12/30/2021 at 1:14 PM, eddly said:

HRA #1 came out hot with the yoda 1:10 variant but has cooled substantially since. Can it get to $100 again in a CGC 9.8 in the near future? The main cover is treading water at cover price or a little above that. Could be a good time to buy more of this book if you believe in it long term.

I guess I missed bounty hunters 14 completely. Not really looking to buy anything new at the moment, my comic budget is completely spent with multiple submissions currently with CGC.

I grab a copy of HRA 1 & 2 whenever I see them at cover in my LCS. Same with Jabba the Hutt and Bounty Hunters #14, and to a lesser extent, #13. 

On 12/30/2021 at 11:09 AM, mr_highgrade said:

I skipped all the reprints, the final 5th print likely is the best to get over the other reprints… simply because it probably has the lowest print run and it is more easily recognizable with it being the 1st print cover but in black and white. Glancing quickly at the 2nd… 3rd… and 4th prints… I think they can be more easily confused as being 1st prints but variant covers.

On 12/30/2021 at 1:14 PM, eddly said:

I guess I missed bounty hunters 14 completely.

Bounty Hunter/Assassin, Nightsister, Female, Easy to cosplay, Crimson Dawn. Lots to like in my opinion. Same reason I like Jabba the Hutt, minus the nightsister. However, that character spans from the High Republic to the Age of Rebellion so it’s a nice character to tie threads together. 

On 12/30/2021 at 10:09 AM, awakeintheashes said:

Solo: A Star Wars Story #1 has been blowing up since WotBH, I believe, but it’s getting even more attention with the fact that the 

Reveal hidden contents

Crimson Dawn

theme is featured in the Book of Boba Fett theme song. 

Somebody mentioned that the symbols the mercenaries were spraypainting on the house in Book of Boba Fett was the crimson dawn symbol that was used on the cover of crimson reign #1.  Good chance Qi'ra will appear in the show.  

On 12/31/2021 at 3:17 PM, Broke as a Joke said:

Somebody mentioned that the symbols the mercenaries were spraypainting on the house in Book of Boba Fett was the crimson dawn symbol that was used on the cover of crimson reign #1.  Good chance Qi'ra will appear in the show.  

Would only make sense that Crimson Dawn would continue its rise back to power after the fall of the Empire. It’s already regaining much of its standing in the comics - during War of the Bounty Hunters and Crimson Reign. 

On 1/5/2022 at 11:27 AM, manetteska said:

Nice; have a couple of those somewhere. What is the background for the jump? I haven't watched any BoB (Book of Boba) yet.

Same. Had been holding the couple I have until it popped. It’s the First appearance of someone who made an appearance in the latest episode.