• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Modern Star Wars Comics that are heating up
17 17

1,470 posts in this topic

On 1/6/2022 at 12:23 AM, Tnexus said:

I'd suspect the Boba Fett Italian exclusive cover of Darth Vader #1 is going to be on fire here soon.

I personally think it's cool, but I don't know if there is enough interest in foreign variants to support that.

On 1/5/2022 at 10:30 AM, awakeintheashes said:
On 1/5/2022 at 10:27 AM, manetteska said:

Nice; have a couple of those somewhere. What is the background for the jump? I haven't watched any BoB (Book of Boba) yet.

Same. Had been holding the couple I have until it popped. It’s the First appearance of someone who made an appearance in the latest episode. 

Thanks for the tip; listed 2 this morning and sold within an hour.

Made me go and up the price on my variant.

On 1/6/2022 at 5:59 AM, ygogolak said:

For the 20 -25 people that are into foreign variants, sure.

I sold about 4 CGC of the Boba Fetts and 5 CGC of the Scalera variants last year for around $250-$300 each. So with BK announcement I have no doubt they'll go up in value.

Now if only CGC would send my submission back with my other copies...

On 12/30/2021 at 10:05 AM, eddly said:

4 modern Star Wars comics that I'm currently watching closely:

• High Republic 1

Continues to be stable selling for between $20 to $30 for raw books, closer to $30 still for the Hans variant.

CGC 9.8s are ranging from $80 to $100 which is a healthy spot for it to be holding without much news in terms of show development. I am tempted to submit the remaining 20 or so raw copies that I have to be graded, but am holding off for now. I have 3 copies at CGC now.

• High Republic Adventures 2

Many people are seeing this book as having high spec potential in 2022 (in this forum as well). The youtube community is pushing this book a bit too.

Raw copies are going for between $5 and $13. The high sale is from the UK though, I find that UK sales often create outliers so I put this book around $8 at the moment. 

CGC 9.8s are around $50 to $90. The 1:10 incentive is between about $80 and $100. I have 10 copies of the normal cover and one of the 1:10 incentives. Holding off submitting them for now... also waiting for CGC to recognize the 1st appearance in their label before I consider submitting any of my copies. When the time comes to sell these graded, buyers will want the appearance noted on the label... so due to that, I want it there too.

• Jabba the Hutt Bounty Hunters 1

Mostly selling for cover price still. Might be a good time to buy a 1:25 incentive cover. For now, I just have 10 copies of the Chang variant. I thought there might be some controversy with this cover, but also like it for the 1st appearance.

• High Republic Adventures - Monster of Temple Peak 1

Had a recent high raw sale of $25.41, perhaps an outlier. Raws are generally going for around $5 to $6 or just cover price. CGC 9.8s are around $60. I have 10 copies of this issue.

I am finally starting to sub my HR 1s regular and variants, HRA 1s regular and variant, and HRA 2s regular and variant, as well as other miscellaneous recent SW books. I figure that there will not be a HR TV/movie update until late 2022 so with a ton of luck I may actually have some back in time. 

On 12/31/2021 at 1:17 PM, Broke as a Joke said:

Somebody mentioned that the symbols the mercenaries were spraypainting on the house in Book of Boba Fett was the crimson dawn symbol that was used on the cover of crimson reign #1.  Good chance Qi'ra will appear in the show.  

I was so happy to see what the 1:50 variant looked like. That will hopefully be a big book in the end as well.

On 12/30/2021 at 11:14 AM, eddly said:

I guess I missed bounty hunters 14 completely. Not really looking to buy anything new at the moment, my comic budget is completely spent with multiple submissions currently with CGC.

Let's connect before the next Red&White or Calgary Expo. I can bring a couple down for you if you still need them.

On 1/7/2022 at 2:27 AM, kimik said:
On 12/30/2021 at 11:14 AM, eddly said:

I guess I missed bounty hunters 14 completely. Not really looking to buy anything new at the moment, my comic budget is completely spent with multiple submissions currently with CGC.

Let's connect before the next Red&White or Calgary Expo. I can bring a couple down for you if you still need them.

For the best price, talk to the guy who sets up with him. :gossip: