• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Board upgrades? Aka The Airing of Grievances Thread
12 12

1,538 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, greggy said:

I'll be busy scanning my most recent submission so be prepare to like my post in that thread.

xoxo

greggy

I usually do. Always some good stuff. Really liked that Robin #1 2nd print newsstand from a few back. 

9 minutes ago, greggy said:

GiantHulkColoringBook.jpg

Is that treasury size?  I remember some Marvel coloring books that were roughly treasury size when I was growing up. I don’t remember the Hulk one; I distinctly remember a Captain America one. 

2 minutes ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

That will get you a green label unless you fill out a Creator Agreement (tsk)

so fill out the agreement jackwagon! :makepoint:

Maybe I'm missing something, but it sure seems like this thread is the only potential source of information about what's going on with the boards.  I say "potential" because only a tiny fraction of the posts here are actually about the upgrade, and those that are don't seem to be from people in the know who can provide definitive answers on the status of the upgrade, open issues, and so on.

When images weren't working for a few days, I decided to be patient, and that patience seems to have paid off.  Looks like the images are back.  But there's one other problem that's going to make it really difficult to manage my sales threads.  As far as I can tell, I can't edit my own prior posts, which makes it impossible to mark a book as sold, or update the "recap" post at the top of the thread, etc.  I'm crossing my fingers that this is a known issue and someone is working on it.  But it would be nice to know one way or the other.

Does anybody know?

1 minute ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

You must read the :rulez: first! 

The first rule of agreement club is read the rules.

3 minutes ago, Sweet Lou 14 said:

Maybe I'm missing something, but it sure seems like this thread is the only potential source of information about what's going on with the boards.  I say "potential" because only a tiny fraction of the posts here are actually about the upgrade, and those that are don't seem to be from people in the know who can provide definitive answers on the status of the upgrade, open issues, and so on.

When images weren't working for a few days, I decided to be patient, and that patience seems to have paid off.  Looks like the images are back.  But there's one other problem that's going to make it really difficult to manage my sales threads.  As far as I can tell, I can't edit my own prior posts, which makes it impossible to mark a book as sold, or update the "recap" post at the top of the thread, etc.  I'm crossing my fingers that this is a known issue and someone is working on it.  But it would be nice to know one way or the other.

Does anybody know?

Is the edit button not working, or is that there isn’t one?

9 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

Is that treasury size?  I remember some Marvel coloring books that were roughly treasury size when I was growing up. I don’t remember the Hulk one; I distinctly remember a Captain America one. 

1608350640826786162419093114224.jpg

4 minutes ago, Sweet Lou 14 said:

Does anybody know?

The 3 dots upper right seem to contain an edit button, have you tried that? It would be nice if this came with an instruction manual.

Just now, THE_BEYONDER said:

Just a book on my list to add.  Already have most of the 2nd print Newsstands. Nothing about brown nosing.  He gets flack as well. I already offered jsilverjanet to boombox careless whisper outside their window.  I can include you as well.2125833901_Screenshot_20190602-1741302.png.99db79339c96966817952cd2d24f15b8.png1954859480_Screenshot_20190602-1742112.png.d7a87fe777b1517133d4ce09b27ea000.png

1 hour ago, Buzzetta said:

You know how some people have a celebrity death league where they build a fantasy team of celebrities that might die within the course of a year, receiving points for 99-Age of Celebrity?  

No?  Trust me it's a thing. 

ANYWAAAAAAY. 

What is the feasibility of running something like that but a Boardie Ban League?

You draft a team of board members that you feel might get picked in a round robin pick much like fantasy football.  If they get banned after 2021-01-01 you get points for, (365-Whatever day of the year it is.)

So if you pick me to get banned and I get banned on January 15th then you are awarded 350 pts.  If I were to get banned on December 30th then you get 1pt.  You get the idea. 

So... are we allowed to do this?

And if not, if people are interested in asking me why I would think of something like this I am sure we can set up a private message group about why this is a bad idea for the next 365 days starting January 1st. 

Ahem. @jaybuck43

Pernts?  I got a strike for even mentioning pernts.