• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Calgary Expo Limited Edition - September 10-12, 2021
1 1

131 posts in this topic

The Calgary Comic and Entertainment Expo is scheduled to return to Calgary Stampede Park on July 30-August 2, 2021. Should be noted that because of the holiday, the show will run Friday to Monday instead of Thursday to Sunday.

Website

Rescheduled to September 10-12, 2021

Edited by Kevin Boyd

On 3/23/2021 at 10:00 PM, Dr. Dank said:

I can see the show happening, not sure if travel restrictions will be lifted by then.

+1. Hope they open up the border btwn provinces so I can drive there from BC, hike thru Lake Louise and Banff to Calgary Expo fun. Comics not considered 'essential' travel in BC, Canada.

8 minutes ago, aardvark88 said:

+1. Hope they open up the border btwn provinces so I can drive there from BC, hike thru Lake Louise and Banff to Calgary Expo fun. Comics not considered 'essential' travel in BC, Canada.

I wasn't aware the border had closed. I'm an essential worker and been between provinces through out the pandemic.

7 hours ago, Dr. Dank said:

I wasn't aware the border had closed. I'm an essential worker and been between provinces through out the pandemic.

You can only drive across the provincial borders, if you can prove you are an essential worker. Vancouver folks can travel as far as Chilliwack since they combined 2 BC Health zones but BC gov't prefers that you stay/shop in your home city. After that, another separate health zone beyond Hope to interior of BC (Kelowna, etc.)

31 minutes ago, Kevin Boyd said:

Things are afoot for Calgary Expo that I can't discuss yet, but let's hope that what's bad today can be put under control this month. We're starting to see some numbers lowering here in Ontario. 

I've got my tickets, so staying as optimistic as possible 

On 3/24/2021 at 3:09 AM, thehumantorch said:

Our group is discussing whether we should set up our normal booth or skip this year.

I am going if the show goes forward. If I have to fly solo, more sales for me..... :slapfight: :flipbait:

5 minutes ago, kimik said:

I am going if the show goes forward .... :slapfight: :flipbait:

Wonder if vendor-collectors from other provinces are allowed to drive across the AB border by the end of July, 2021.

24 minutes ago, aardvark88 said:

Wonder if vendor-collectors from other provinces are allowed to drive across the AB border by the end of July, 2021.

If you quarantine for 14 days, I think it should be fine provided you are vaccinated.

So at this point, as stated above, we are looking at alternative dates for later in the year, it just didn’t seem fair to keep people hanging and wondering why there had been no guest announcements. Plus, things need to improve, and they should.

On 5/13/2021 at 11:02 AM, Kevin Boyd said:

So at this point, as stated above, we are looking at alternative dates for later in the year, it just didn’t seem fair to keep people hanging and wondering why there had been no guest announcements. Plus, things need to improve, and they should.

Thanks for the info Kevin, probably a wise choice.