• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

JOSS WHEDON may be done for
2 2

176 posts in this topic

Yikes.  Long article, still making my way through it.

I noticed the article's author says she interviewed Whedon in the spring, which would mean June 2021 at latest.  Has she indicated why she waited 6 to 10 months to release it?  I'm guessing it was to do full research, but that's still quite a while to release an interview--particularly when the coals on this fire were burning SO brightly at the time she did the interview since that's around when Ray Fisher was going public with everything.

Whedon seems even more self-deluded now than he says he was when he was younger, or else it is a conscious strategy to just come back hard and deny most everything. As curious as I am about which actresses he was sleeping with on Buffy, kinda glad that specific info doesn't get much play.

A few things stand out to me...powerless to screw those actresses, eh? You can't say it without laughing. And how it ends, he calls and says he thinks he was one of the kinder showrunners ever. Wow. And he still has people in his "camp", and they blame Snyder. Yeah.

When people like Whedon or Chrissy Teigen try to remake their image and come back they seem so desperate for those likes and the social media love.

Article was a bit wonky but did make some good points.

On 1/9/2022 at 2:51 PM, Bosco685 said:

Oddly enough when that Ben Affleck interview came out the other day about his horrible experience with the 2017 film, Geoff Johns' ex-wife (Anissa Dorsey) tried to play it as if he was saying before Joss Whedon took over.

Anissa_Dorsey.thumb.jpg.3298d5dd828416ee07e0022f1813f0e4.jpg

That didn't go so well on social media. She has since deleted the post. :shiftyeyes:

There is one scene that Joss added that I had really hoped was either in the original or had been used for the final ZSJL. It's when Batman talks to a frightened Flash and tells him to just save one person and go from there. I loved it, it showed a side to Batman that people don't always show but that is central to the character, in how good he is at getting down to the basics and how he will support younger heroes. And also how is is about saving just as much as he is about bringing villains to justice.

Anyways, is Joss done yet? I feel people only get cancelled for so long. 

On 1/20/2022 at 3:42 PM, William-James88 said:

There is one scene that Joss added that I had really hoped was either in the original or had been used for the final ZSJL. It's when Batman talks to a frightened Flash and tells him to just save one person and go from there. I loved it, it showed a side to Batman that people don't always show but that is central to the character, in how good he is at getting down to the basics and how he will support younger heroes. And also how is is about saving just as much as he is about bringing villains to justice.

Anyways, is Joss done yet? I feel people only get cancelled for so long. 

• Joss was having affairs with actors on the set of Buffy the Vampire Slayer while married
  • He asked an actress on Angel to possibly get an abortion so as not to disrupt the show schedule
  • He was horrible to not just Ray Fisher as was assumed, but also Gal Gadot and others. Including threatening Gal Gadot's body double to do the 'boy falls on boobs' scene or her career was over (Caitlin Burles)

caitlinburles08.thumb.PNG.42e67a75f06f4a405501d060d7f5741f.PNG

'only get cancelled for so long' would be a shame in this case recognizing what a jerk my former Hollywood creative hero turned out to be.

On 1/20/2022 at 4:32 PM, Bosco685 said:
  • Joss was having affairs with actors on the set of Buffy the Vampire Slayer while married
  • He asked an actress on Angel to possibly get an abortion so as not to disrupt the show schedule
  • He was horrible to not just Ray Fisher as was assumed, but also Gal Gadot and others. Including threatening Gal Gadot's body double to do the 'boy falls on boobs' scene or her career was over (Caitlin Burles)

'only get cancelled for so long' would be a shame in this case recognizing what a jerk my former Hollywood creative hero turned out to be.

I would very much preffer if he didn't work again but we'll see. I didn't know that was a body double, interesting.

One thing though, unless the girls (or boys) were underage, I don't think anyone cares about married people having affairs anymore. The last president did and he got the majority of the evangelical Christian vote. 

On 1/20/2022 at 5:00 PM, William-James88 said:

I would very much preffer if he didn't work again but we'll see. I didn't know that was a body double, interesting.

One thing though, unless the girls (or boys) were underage, I don't think anyone cares about married people having affairs anymore. The last president did and he got the majority of the evangelical Christian vote. 

You mean the 14 yo that then later he was never allowed to be alone with her in a room again??

On 2/11/2021 at 11:26 AM, Bosco685 said:

When I read that and saw her post, I wondered that myself.

michelletrachtenberg.thumb.jpg.c3b1157fbbedaa5aa27d025dfe5358e1.jpg

Even worse if it comes up later someone brought it up and they were told to let it go or 'We'll look into it!'

It is crazy it took this long to come out

On 1/20/2022 at 8:21 PM, D84 said:
On 1/20/2022 at 7:22 PM, fantastic_four said:

AmazingUnevenIvorybilledwoodpecker-size_

Is he pooping?

If he is, M. Night Shyamalan at the end of the clip doesn't look NEARLY shocked or disgusted enough...but I suppose that could just be his WTF?!?! face.  hm