• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

JOSS WHEDON may be done for
2 2

176 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, Hawkman said:

But you have time to be all in this thread, so......

so.... what?  "Researching" doesn't mean citing peoples Twitter or FaceBook posts.  I have time to take a dump from time to time it doesn't mean I want to spend my free time "researching" the garbage of Twitter or FaceBook.  I come on the the Movie thread here it read movie gossip about what's coming soon. And yes, the Twitter and FaceBook posts that people "researching" and citing here in these threads is gossip, not fact and should be treated as such. Social media posts should raise some question but not taken as fact until confirmed by reliable third party sources. If you want to spend your time doing that, that's your prerogative. 

22 minutes ago, Xenosmilus said:

so.... what?  "Researching" doesn't mean citing peoples Twitter or FaceBook posts.  I have time to take a dump from time to time it doesn't mean I want to spend my free time "researching" the garbage of Twitter or FaceBook.  I come on the the Movie thread here it read movie gossip about what's coming soon. And yes, the Twitter and FaceBook posts that people "researching" and citing here in these threads is gossip, not fact and should be treated as such. Social media posts should raise some question but not taken as fact until confirmed by reliable third party sources. If you want to spend your time doing that, that's your prerogative. 

Are you implying by posting a Twitter post people are mindlessly believing all the details without first confirming the facts? That's a reach. AP, NPR, Reuters all have active social media accounts. And they are ranked some of the most trustworthy news sources. And when it comes to entertainment reporters, if you are careful over time you learn which ones invest more effort into what they report than sites like We Got This Covered or Cosmic Book News.

Admit it: you jumped in to dismiss the news. Then acted as if you were just trying to learn what was going on.

Xenosmnilus.thumb.PNG.bf39c0645ab845ef155d6f6da9a17f0b.PNG

But pretend to be a victim. Heaven forbid someone had issues with an MCU director of the past, right? 

Edited by Bosco685

1 minute ago, Bosco685 said:

Are you implying by posting a Twitter post people are mindlessly believing all the details without first confirming the facts?

Yes :roflmao:

3 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

Admit it: you jumped in to dismiss the news. Then acted as if you were just trying to learn what was going on.

Xenosmnilus.thumb.PNG.bf39c0645ab845ef155d6f6da9a17f0b.PNG

But pretend to be a victim. Heaven forbid someone had issues with an MCU director of the past, right?

Note the question mark after Ray Fisher in my comment and before what you highlighted. I still don't know what Ray Fisher's accusing theses guys of do you?  Again you try and put my comments out of context.  And yes, I've had to deal with A-holes at work before along with pretty much everyone else in the world. It has yet to cause me chronic anxiety so yes a toxic work environment is not the end of the world for me anyways. 

4 minutes ago, Xenosmilus said:

Note the question mark after Ray Fisher in my comment and before what you highlighted. I still don't know what Ray Fisher's accusing theses guys of do you?  Again you try and put my comments out of context.  And yes, I've had to deal with A-holes at work before along with pretty much everyone else in the world. It has yet to cause me chronic anxiety so yes a toxic work environment is not the end of the world for me anyways. 

I'll suggest again - go do meaningful research. Though the accusations from Ray Fisher have been posted on here more than once. Along with Jason Momoa and Gal Gadot sharing details what they felt was an excessively toxic environment.

But again, you are being dismissive because now more than one person has noted what you are doing. So you are doubling down. :smile:

23 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

I'll suggest again - go do meaningful research. Though the accusations from Ray Fisher have been posted on here more than once. Along with Jason Momoa and Gal Gadot sharing details what they felt was an excessively toxic environment.

But again, you are being dismissive because now more than one person has noted what you are doing. So you are doubling down. :smile:

I try and save my fury for more important things in my life, like Comcast. Those A-holes just put a data cap on home internet at 1.2TB! Now that is causing me anxiety.  I downloaded a bunch of PS5 games and went over. 

Edited by Xenosmilus

17 hours ago, Xenosmilus said:

Then you shouldn't have responded. You came in here ignorant, and remained ignorant because you refused to look into the allegation and then you derided the parties involved. Your whole presence in this thread is ridiculous and unwanted.

16 hours ago, Xenosmilus said:

I try and save my fury for more important things in my life, like Comcast. Those A-holes just put a data cap on home internet at 1.2TB! Now that is causing me anxiety.  I downloaded a bunch of PS5 games and went over. 

But yet wasted all this time in this thread. SMH.

17 hours ago, Xenosmilus said:

Maybe if you actually did some research instead of just posting blindly, you would easily know what he was talking about. He was very clear.

"For me...." It may not affect YOU, but it clearly has affected OTHERS. Deeply. Your sense of entitlement and absolute ignorance towards the feelings of others is just sad. Every post you make is just worse than the one before it.

Him being a giant a-hole seems to be a reason not to employ him, but a lot of people in that business are giant a-holes. If he is any good he could reform himself, be nice to people on small projects, work his way back. Him having sexual relations s with a 15 year old actress on one of his shows, even a long time ago, coupled with him generally being a giant a-hole, seems to be a reason to blacklist him. On the other hand, Roman Polanski seemed to be allowed back in to Hollywood.

Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel star David Boreanaz and other Buffyverse alumni are showing support for co-star Charisma Carpenter amid her allegations of inappropriate and emotionally abusive behavior by creator Joss Whedon. Boreanaz took to Twitter to add his voice to the growing chorus. Boreanaz tweeted at Carpenter, "I am here for you to listen and support you. Proud of your strength." Carpenter's reply implies that she and Boreanaz have been in contact privately: "I know you’re there for me, David. I appreciate all you’ve done to demonstrate that support privately as well. Especially since Wednesday. -Thank you so much."

Amy Acker, who played Winifred Burkle on Angel and worked with Whedon again on Dollhouse and his film adaptation of Much Ado About Nothing, also spoke out. Acker says her experience with Whedon was more professional, but she showed support for Carpenter's claims.

"I will always be proud of the work we all did on Angel," Acker's statement reads. "While I personally had a good and professional experience, it is heartbreaking to hear that not everyone did. I do not condone any actions that made anyone feel hurt or uncomfortable, and I offer love and support to everyone who is speaking out to tell their truths."

17 minutes ago, the blob said:

Him being a giant a-hole seems to be a reason not to employ him, but a lot of people in that business are giant a-holes. If he is any good he could reform himself, be nice to people on small projects, work his way back. Him having sexual relations s with a 15 year old actress on one of his shows, even a long time ago, coupled with him generally being a giant a-hole, seems to be a reason to blacklist him. On the other hand, Roman Polanski seemed to be allowed back in to Hollywood.

Ok, the sex part is not clear from the articles. Anyway, having an interesting talk with my friend who is pretty high up in that world, but one of the genuine nice guys in it.

I first heard of this type of thing re: Whedon 3-4 years ago when the Whedonverse site shut down...

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/joss-whedon-fan-site-shuts-down-15-years-1031195

Seeing all of this - it's no wonder that most of the actors associated with the show(s) never wanted to get back together for a re-boot/movie/whatever (at least with Whedon associated).

With the Black Superman news, Ray Fisher noted where this may involve questionable motives.

So then WM/WB, working through Variety and The Hollywood Reporter, immediately loaded up a response like this had been primed and ready to launch.

‘Justice League’ Investigator Says Walter Hamada Did Not Interfere as WarnerMedia Defends Exec From Ray Fisher Allegations

This is a red herring as the WarnerMedia investigation was about which executives supported a toxic work environment on set. So having the third-party investigator commenting about Walter Hamada not interfering doesn't address the 1:1 conversation he had afterwards with Ray Fisher.