• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

JOSS WHEDON may be done for
2 2

176 posts in this topic

On 1/8/2022 at 2:45 PM, thunsicker said:

Ok, so let’s turn it around the other way. Do you believe Joss Whedon just recently became an abuser?  Or is it possible that he was the same way after he directed the two Avengers film which made a billion dollars and after which we didn’t hear any of those rumblings?

You mean ignoring the teenage girl from Buffy the Vampire Slayer he may have seduced and afterwards she was never allowed to be alone in his presence?

Let me think about that one. hm

:baiting:

Oddly enough when that Ben Affleck interview came out the other day about his horrible experience with the 2017 film, Geoff Johns' ex-wife (Anissa Dorsey) tried to play it as if he was saying before Joss Whedon took over.

Anissa_Dorsey.thumb.jpg.3298d5dd828416ee07e0022f1813f0e4.jpg

That didn't go so well on social media. She has since deleted the post. :shiftyeyes:

I cannot help but wonder if there was ever anything more to Whedon leaving Marvel after Ultron than either side let on.  I just did a brief search and all I saw was that the split occurred due to "creative differences."

So that leads to two questions: 

1 - What were the creative differences and were there any instances similar to what happened on Justice League? 

2 - What would an Avengers 3 and 4 have looked like with Whedon at the helm?

Edited by Buzzetta

It's a very fair question as when you take their top-producing director based on box office who also gave the MCU its consistency template for its movies and toss him away, something went on behind the scenes.

But during the Bob Iger days of yesteryear Disney made decisions behind the scenes to avoid negative press. And at that point Disney was the big boss. Could it have been Scarlett Johansson complaining about the 'boy falls on boobs' shot and other scenes she didn't care for? The same shot that then later on Whedon inserted this into the Josstice League.

Edited by Bosco685

On 1/9/2022 at 12:37 PM, Bosco685 said:

Could it have been Scarlett Johansson complaining about the 'boy falls on boobs' shot and other scenes she didn't care for?

given that in the first and only 30 minutes of black widow that i watched, there are like ten shots of her lovely rear end, i tend to doubt that's the reason. 

On 1/8/2022 at 2:45 PM, thunsicker said:

Ok, so let’s turn it around the other way. Do you believe Joss Whedon just recently became an abuser?  Or is it possible that he was the same way after he directed the two Avengers film which made a billion dollars and after which we didn’t hear any of those rumblings?

I remember rumors of Joss Whedon's attitude during even the original Avengers movie, where his ego was not above reproach when it came to cast members like RDJ. How bad he was during that time is another matter. Whedon was not enabled by Marvel Studios, but he was enabled by WB; That's why things took such a quick turn.

On 1/9/2022 at 8:59 PM, alexgross.com said:

given that in the first and only 30 minutes of black widow that i watched, there are like ten shots of her lovely rear end, i tend to doubt that's the reason. 

How dare you!

{reviews BTS Iron Man 2 scene}

BlackWidow.gif.ca91106b8c75e2d49558e4e4a134e040.gif

:shiftyeyes:

Nevermind!

:shy:

Nearly five years after the film first hit theaters, Joss Whedon has sat down with NY Magazine (via Twitter user Jumbled Beats) to discuss the troubled production of Justice League. The filmmaker, who was accused by multiple stars of harassment and toxic behavior on the set, criticized the film's stars and their behavior during reshoots, stating he had never worked with "a ruder group of people" and writing off Gadot's accusations of his threatening to kill her career.

Whedon also criticized fans of Snyder for turning the Internet and his former actors against him in the name of the original filmmaker and their efforts to get the original vision of the film restored. Whedon closed out the interview with the statement below:

"The beginning of the internet raised me up, and the modern internet pulled me down. The perfect symmetry is not lost on me."

Then he stomped off.

clownrun.gif.f768d528128ded4b0633d4fa57f1d069.gif

On 1/17/2022 at 8:44 PM, Muno42 said:

He knows we have all seen the Snyder cut and Ray Fisher's acting, etc? Amazing.

Ray Fisher absolutely nailed Cyborg under Snyder's direction. As much as I like that character in the Teen Titans cartoon, I never thought I would care that much about his character in live-action.

When he said, "if you were there, Mom would still be alive" I couldn't even sort through how sympathetic I felt for him. He lost everything and showed up to save the multiverse.

Edited by theCapraAegagrus