• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

JOSS WHEDON may be done for
2 2

176 posts in this topic

On 3/2/2021 at 5:13 PM, Bird said:

"angry black man" is the issue, not whether cyborg actually is

how many movies have angry white men as the protagonists? Most? The idea that they distilled Cyborg down to angry black man is the issue, focusing on the skin color rather than on the character and stereotyping him down to a cliche

He wasn’t even there.   He cannot credibly comment on what or how something was said in a private meeting he didn’t even attend.     

And exactly how old was Trachtenberg?   I see “teenager” in her account which could be 13 or 19.    I see 15 and 16 being noted by other people but not by her.    Is that when she started working on set or when she slept with him?   What was the age of consent where it happened?

Ie.  it sure seems like he’s a gigantic, legendary  a-hole.   But was he an a-hole or was it criminal.   If he was just an a-hole frankly it’s a non story because as others have noted the world is full of a-holes.    If he had sex with a minor on set, that’s a different matter. 

The details are important .   

11 minutes ago, Bronty said:

He wasn’t even there.   He cannot credibly comment on what or how something was said in a private meeting he didn’t even attend.     

And exactly how old was Trachtenberg?   I see “teenager” in her account which could be 13 or 19.    I see 15 and 16 being noted by other people but not by her.    Is that when she started working on set or when she slept with him?   What was the age of consent where it happened?

Ie.  it sure seems like he’s a gigantic, legendary  a-hole.   But was he an a-hole or was it criminal.   If he was just an a-hole frankly it’s a non story because as others have noted the world is full of a-holes.    If he had sex with a minor on set, that’s a different matter. 

She was apparently aged 14-17 when on the show. Teenager. Under age 18. That would be criminal.

49 minutes ago, Bronty said:

I think you may have missed all the Buffy cast members coming up supporting her and some confirming the situation at the time as troubling.

37 minutes ago, HighVoltage said:

She was apparently aged 14-17 when on the show. Teenager. Under age 18. That would be criminal.

There is a reason why WB moved quickly to distance itself from Whedon while still keeping the Nevers show moving forward without him.

2 hours ago, Bronty said:

Yeah - California's age of consent has been 18 for decades now.

And if he slept with her in more than one state, it automatically trips the federal age of 18, even if both states where the acts occurred had lower ages of consent that made it legal.

45 minutes ago, Gatsby77 said:

Yeah - California's age of consent has been 18 for decades now.

And if he slept with her in more than one state, it automatically trips the federal age of 18, even if both states where the acts occurred had lower ages of consent that made it legal.

Thank you - okay, well, criminal matters then.    Is there a statute of limitations on that type of charge?

On 3/23/2021 at 9:10 PM, Bosco685 said:

Waiting for the next WB movie announcement to distract from this latest article.

Ambush_Bug.PNG.3839b9a5509bb207df1887116ccc18db.PNG

Let’s hope so.

Keeping my fingers crossed for this one.

Another instance of her righteousness, and rightness: speaking up about mistreatment by Joss Whedon on the set of Justice League. (A Hollywood Reporter story alleged that Whedon verbally abused Gadot when she shared concerns about her character and dialogue. Whedon declined to comment for that story. While his on-set remarks haven’t been made public, Gadot said on Israeli TV in May that Whedon “kind of threatened my career and said if I did something, he would make my career miserable.”) Asked about her initial reaction to those comments, she says, “Oh, I was shaking trees as soon as it happened. And I must say that the heads of Warner Brothers, they took care of it.... Going back to the sense of righteousness that I have...you’re dizzy because you can’t believe this was just said to you. And if he says it to me, then obviously he says it to many other people. I just did what I felt like I had to do. And it was to tell people that it’s not okay.

“I would’ve done the same thing, I think, if I was a man. Would he tell me what he told me had I been a man? I don’t know. We’ll never know. But my sense of justice is very strong. I was shocked by the way that he spoke to me. But whatever, it’s done. Water under the bridge.” Her friend and Wonder Woman 1984 co-star Kristen Wiig observes that Gadot is unafraid to advocate for herself. “When she needs to wear that hat, she is very clear on what is right. People who think she’s just a pretty face are dead wrong.”

Here's my problem with things like this.  What if...the movie made lots of money.  I'm talking about Endgame level type of money (which was a real possibility with all the hype leading up to the release).  Would all of this misery/harassments/complaints be coming out?

Are we sure the Russo Bothers weren't abusive to the Avengers cast?  Or Tika didn't threaten Dave Batista?

Joss Whedon got away with it for so long because he made people money.  And when he didn't make money everybody came out of the woodworks to bury him.

***Not defending Joss Whedon

What if crickets carried shotguns: would birds still try to swoop down to eat them?

Driving yourself crazy with scenarios that don't apply to the reality of the situation distract from events that matter. Joss Whedon got away with horrible behavior for a long time due to the tamping down of such details by studios. So when Ray Fisher shined a light on this at the risk of his professional career, some noted he was just whining for more money or because nobody wanted him for better roles.

Turns out it was much worse, with all the studio horrible behavior to protect such predators and toxic directors like Joss Whedon and David O. Russell.

Edited by Bosco685

On 1/8/2022 at 4:37 AM, Bosco685 said:

What if crickets carried shotguns: would birds still try to swoop down to eat them?

Driving yourself crazy with scenarios that don't apply to the reality of the situation distract from events that matter. Joss Whedon got away with horrible behavior for a long time due to the tamping down of such details by studios. So when Ray Fisher shined a light on this at the risk of his professional career, some noted he was just whining for more money or because nobody wanted him for better roles.

Turns out it was much worse, with all the studio horrible behavior to protect such predators and toxic directors like Joss Whedon and David O. Russell.

Ok, so let’s turn it around the other way. Do you believe Joss Whedon just recently became an abuser?  Or is it possible that he was the same way after he directed the two Avengers film which made a billion dollars and after which we didn’t hear any of those rumblings?

On 1/8/2022 at 2:45 PM, thunsicker said:

Ok, so let’s turn it around the other way. Do you believe Joss Whedon just recently became an abuser?  Or is it possible that he was the same way after he directed the two Avengers film which made a billion dollars and after which we didn’t hear any of those rumblings?

From everything I've read he has apparently been an abuser for a long time (at least since his Buffy days).  For whatever reason the floodgates broke after the Justice League movie and then all his dirty laundry started to come out.

On 1/8/2022 at 5:37 AM, Bosco685 said:

On 1/8/2022 at 2:45 PM, thunsicker said:

On 1/8/2022 at 3:25 PM, media_junkie said:

From everything I've read he has apparently been an abuser for a long time (at least since his Buffy days).  For whatever reason the floodgates broke after the Justice League movie and then all his dirty laundry started to come out.

I don't think it was about the money.  Whedon was revered in Hollywood.  People don't want to rock the boat in Hollywood sometimes in fear of being blacklisted and this could very well be the case. 

However, Ray Fisher seemed not to give a flying flock. 

Also keep in mind that he opened up about this abusive setting while "me too" was in the headlines on a daily basis.

Combine the two and you have an opening for Ray Fisher to complain and for others to back him up without fear of reprisal. 

I get Ray Fisher, because I am Ray Fisher with some of the things that go on at work.