• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nominating Top City Comics
12 12

891 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Funnybooks said:

Checks and money orders are sent daily all over the country without incident. Sellers and buyers  may have very specific reasons as to why they prefer these forms of payment and it should not be our place to judge.

I'm judging. At least for the refund part of this. Fool me once.......

2 hours ago, Domo Arigato said:

If this ends up being the solution you ultimately go with.....you need to make damn sure he sends your books back first and you have them in your hands before mailing his book back to him.

As much as that challenges the trust I'd hope existed among Boardies who completed (?) transactions, I will not choose this, as I've already indicated my preference to keep the one book I honestly claimed.

31 minutes ago, Polonsky said:

I am not against using paypal to end this. I dont care about the logistics as long as I receive $1,580 back to be made whole. I just always use checks when I can and gave him many days not thinking it would be an issue. I can rip up the check when it comes and post it. I am open to options to end my issue sooner if possible.

Wait, what?

‘Not think it would be an issue?’

In your initial post you said he gave off a bunch of red flags before you even sent him the money. 

You said the reason you wanted to cancel the deal is because you felt he was engaging in stall tactics and was stringing you along. 

He told you he wasn’t going to be able to refund you right away because he was in a car accident, he had a bunch of lawyer bills and owes Clink 20 gees. 

He straight-up accused you of lying in this thread multiple times. 

And you thought refund by check wasn’t going to be an issue?

Edited by Number 6

12 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

Wait, what?

‘Not think it would be an issue?’

In your initial post you said he gave off a bunch of red flags before you even sent him the money. 

You said the reason you wanted to cancel the deal is because you felt he was engaging in stall tactics and was stringing you along. 

He told you he wasn’t going to be able to refund you right away because he was in a car accident, he had a bunch of lawyer bills and owes Clink 20 gees. 

He straight-up accused you of lying in this thread multiple times. 

And you thought refund by check wasn’t going to be an issue?

I should have said I hoped it would not be an issue. I am ready to end this in the quickest and easiest way possible. Making it right with me is only half at this point as Tim is still not whole. Mine should be simple and I hope it is for Tim as well.

2 minutes ago, Polonsky said:

I should have said I hoped it would not be an issue. I am ready to end this in the quickest and easiest way possible. Making it right with me is only half at this point as Tim is still not whole. Mine should be simple and I hope it is for Tim as well.

Receiving a refund check is only going to be the halfway point for you.

Making sure it doesn't bounce will be the finish line.

2 minutes ago, Polonsky said:

My last communique with Adrian on IG was to have him, yet again, come up with another list of books which would make up for the value of the second book he has.  I am trying to end this, and I think I've been more than fair in giving him opportunities to do so.  But it does not mean the books he presents (if he does) will be liked and desired by me. The book that was part of the initial trade deal (the one that was accidentally sold) is the one I liked (obviously-that's why I agreed to the deal). I did suggest a refund option as well for the value of my second book, a value that was clearly delineated in our Board PMs, but he did not want to do this.

How did I only see this thread now?  Wow, that was a lot to unpackage.  Not that my opinion matters, but it doesn't sound like i'd want to deal with either party.  Polonsky's request to ship the books on the day the check was sent seems preposterous to me.  That it was agreed to was just as shocking.  Top City Comics continued insistence that they didn't get a shipping address is practically irrelevant.  If you don't have it, ask for it.  The fact that TCC didn't ask for it, shows they had no intention of sending the book on the agreed upon date.  Equally, Polonsky probably should have messaged and said "in case you need my address, it's _____".  I think Polonsky's patience unfortunately snapped at an unfortunate time.  Perhaps another day or two and this wouldn't have blown up (for better or for worst).  I do think it was a bit unreasonable for Polonsky to cancel so close to the finish line.  Check was confirmed received on the 27th.  It seems perfectly understandable to me that a check isn't immediately deposited.  Given the circumstances of not having a car, more so.  Once the probation nomination was opened up, things quickly degraded.  This could have easily been resolved with TCC sending the books, but that point Polonsky was unwilling to complete the deal.  I think had they just accepted the books, both parties could have walked away weeks ago, yet here we are.  Polonsky has remained more level headed while TCC appears to have just completely thrown away any reputation they had.  At first I was thinking a probation nomination was uncalled for, but the added accusations from others and a flippant disregard of professionalism makes me think it's warranted.

Personally, I wouldn't want to deal with either party.  I might give Polonsky a chance, but I'm hesitant based on the unreasonableness of the shipment request.

On 2/13/2021 at 10:19 PM, Buzzetta said:

Can you add that further use of the word, "Bro" or "Bruh" is no longer permitted... like... ever... not here... not in CG.... not even in moderns... especially not in moderns.

Brozetta, lighten up my man.  :roflmao:

44 minutes ago, ExNihilo said:

How did I only see this thread now?  Wow, that was a lot to unpackage.  Not that my opinion matters, but it doesn't sound like i'd want to deal with either party.  Polonsky's request to ship the books on the day the check was sent seems preposterous to me.  That it was agreed to was just as shocking.  Top City Comics continued insistence that they didn't get a shipping address is practically irrelevant.  If you don't have it, ask for it.  The fact that TCC didn't ask for it, shows they had no intention of sending the book on the agreed upon date.  Equally, Polonsky probably should have messaged and said "in case you need my address, it's _____".  I think Polonsky's patience unfortunately snapped at an unfortunate time.  Perhaps another day or two and this wouldn't have blown up (for better or for worst).  I do think it was a bit unreasonable for Polonsky to cancel so close to the finish line.  Check was confirmed received on the 27th.  It seems perfectly understandable to me that a check isn't immediately deposited.  Given the circumstances of not having a car, more so.  Once the probation nomination was opened up, things quickly degraded.  This could have easily been resolved with TCC sending the books, but that point Polonsky was unwilling to complete the deal.  I think had they just accepted the books, both parties could have walked away weeks ago, yet here we are.  Polonsky has remained more level headed while TCC appears to have just completely thrown away any reputation they had.  At first I was thinking a probation nomination was uncalled for, but the added accusations from others and a flippant disregard of professionalism makes me think it's warranted.

Personally, I wouldn't want to deal with either party.  I might give Polonsky a chance, but I'm hesitant based on the unreasonableness of the shipment request.

Brozetta, lighten up my man.  :roflmao:

This is a request I have only ever done with people I have done multiple deals with in the past. I will not argue that asking here was a bad judgment call, however if I could go back in time, I would do it again. My negotiations with him took 10 days because he kept leaving and it became a process. It should have taken 1 hour, but because of him it took 10 days. I thought I would have had the books already, and did want to see how long it could take for him to ship. I made the request, and he could have denied it. I understand where you are coming from, but I want you to know that this is not how I normally conduct business. I have done a lot on the boards and have never had an issue. I promise you, and anyone else who is hesitant, to give me a shot, and I will attend to you with unrelenting professionalism:foryou:

5 hours ago, skypinkblu said:

@Top City Comics

Adrian, it would be extremely  helpful if you would kindly respond here, promptly.  

Thank you.

2 hours ago, Iceman399 said:

He's been active on Ig. Clearly avoiding here knowing a storm has struck. 

TCC.thumb.jpg.17a28abf5ccfcf7adac20e704aeef4f0.jpg

16 hours ago, BuscemasAvengers said:

As much as that challenges the trust I'd hope existed among Boardies who completed (?) transactions, I will not choose this, as I've already indicated my preference to keep the one book I honestly claimed.

I believe Top City is 100% the problem here but just to be fair I'd like to hear from him about your complaint.

Based on what you've posted there's no reason for you to give up the one book you received.  Top City should realize he's failed to hold up his end and bend over backwards or at least be reasonable and resolve this.  I'm assuming you didn't ask for a replacement book that was worth a lot more than the book he failed to send?

You mentioned in another post that you had a agreed on value for the book you haven't received.  I suspect he won't agree to a cash refund because he doesn't have the money to send it.   That he has been slow to send Polonsky a check would support that.  If Polonsky had said 'refund me by PayPal' weeks ago there's no guarantee Top City would have sent it.  When a seller like Top City starts acting out of character, ie failing on transactions after there have been no problems in the past, I have to believe there are cascading problems and issues that we're not aware of and it's not as easy as just sending a check or paypal.

I find it very concerning that the two issues that have been made public here both involve non-paypal transactions.  Transactions that are hard to reverse by the wronged party.

21 minutes ago, thehumantorch said:

I believe Top City is 100% the problem here but just to be fair I'd like to hear from him about your complaint.

Based on what you've posted there's no reason for you to give up the one book you received.  Top City should realize he's failed to hold up his end and bend over backwards or at least be reasonable and resolve this.  I'm assuming you didn't ask for a replacement book that was worth a lot more than the book he failed to send?

You mentioned in another post that you had a agreed on value for the book you haven't received.  I suspect he won't agree to a cash refund because he doesn't have the money to send it.   That he has been slow to send Polonsky a check would support that.  If Polonsky had said 'refund me by PayPal' weeks ago there's no guarantee Top City would have sent it.  When a seller like Top City starts acting out of character, ie failing on transactions after there have been no problems in the past, I have to believe there are cascading problems and issues that we're not aware of and it's not as easy as just sending a check or paypal.

I find it very concerning that the two issues that have been made public here both involve non-paypal transactions.  Transactions that are hard to reverse by the wronged party.

Thanks for the post, Dave. Some thoughts ...

• I certainly haven't given up on the book we initially agreed to showing up.  I have only based it on his communiques with me, in which he indicated the replacement book (i.e. same book, grade, pq), part of a series of books coming from the UK, may not even be coming.  If it does show up, then 'Bob's-your-uncle': should be an easy end to my dilemma, right? And then there is the debate about reasonable time.
  • The one book I agreed to be an acceptable replacement was going to have an additional $300.00 added to seal the deal.  Not knowing what value he placed on the book until he said that, I declined that book.
  • He accepted the value I placed on both books in our Board PMs. Yes, he has indicated he's not comfortable paying a refund for a book that was part of a trade.
  • In terms of your concerns that both issues involve non-PayPal transactions, I can only speak to mine.  There were no additional funds to be transferred.  Our agreement was straight-up: his two books for my two books. We also would look after the shipping costs to the other person.
Edited by BuscemasAvengers

6 hours ago, KCOComics said:

I don't think either side was perfect, but I do think @Polonsky acted in good faith.

I wouldn't hesitate doing a deal with him. 

I think Top city has to much going on.  Lots of wheeling and dealing. Lots of personal stuff. And from what I can see, he's in over his head a bit.

I'm increasingly opening up to it.  It's become clearer and clearer that Polonsky was the victim here and the level headedness s/he has maintained in response on the boards is a good sign to me.  TCC's argumentative style and flippant disregard for taking it seriously (what with a few jokes and laughs in his/her posts) is a real turn off.

I'm hoping that @Top City Comics will respond. If he mailed a check then @Polonsky will hopefully get his check by Wed. at the latest. As for @BuscemasAvengers

Tim, if you have already not done so, please send Top City Comics a separate PM stating what you would like to resolve the issue. He has 3 days to respond.

Personally, I think a reasonable solution would be for him to refund the value of the book you did not receive. Since he sold the book, he must have received compensation for the book, so there is no reason for him not to compensate you. If funds are short, I see a lot of books on eBay, perhaps he could put one or two up for auction.

What you decide is up to  you. If you want to set a deadline for the replacement book instead, that's up to you as well. Without something that will resolve the issue, we can't add him to the probation list.

@crassus

R. you have been the keeper of the thread...thoughts?