• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nominating Top City Comics
12 12

891 posts in this topic

So...you state that you have...

"I have done huge trades with Tim in the past, which is why it shocked me that he went straight to being rude & arrogant and threatening to nominate me, like I did this on purpose or something..."

So...Tim decides after doing "huge trades' in the past with you that all of a sudden, without provocation, he decides to "The fact that Tim brought this here was just piling on." for fun or some type of Lee solidarity movement?

6 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

I flip flopped on whether to post it or not... but yeah... I would urge these people to become such a nuisance to him that he has no other course of action but to make them whole to get them out of his life.  Being 'nice' does not seem to be working especially if there are others that are undergoing similar experiences but have not yet come forward.  

I understand and agree.

2 hours ago, Ryan. said:

Since it appears that you are in the red right now, an easy fix may be to pause all buying and trades, put a bunch of your eBay listings in auction instead of Buy it Nows, take the cash you get a week from now and pay off all outstanding debts. At that point resume your standard business practices. 

That’s a good suggestion but he’s probably going to reject it because converting those books to auction would mean there’s a possibility that they don’t sell for as much he thinks they should. And for a flipper the prospect of leaving money on the table is like showing Dracula the cross...especially when it costs him nothing to continue to put these buyers off.  

I legitimately forgot.

I was barred from here for using "offensive language"

like I did this on purpose or something

I was more than a little shocked

I simply forgot, and I was doing what I could to rectify the situation

which I think is more than fair.  He said no

I may have bitten off more than I could chew in the last couple months..

and I may have had a pretty bad string of horrible luck on top of it...

and maybe my whole house of cards did fall over on top of me a little bit...

but I'm not making excuses....

I screwed up by ever allowing it to get personal with Lee & making him feel all this was necessary. 

I didn't like the way he handled things in the PM's or the way he talked to me and I didn't like how he came and did this just out of spite, but I shouldn't have let my temper get the best of me the day this all went down (Feb 15th I believe?). 

I was pretty angry and frustrated that I was having to spend the time to do this after already agreeing to refund him, but it's on me for not having it done sooner, and it's 100% on me for not just swallowing my pride and letting it go.

Even though I feel like he disrespected me and ran my name thru the mud just to vent about me calling him a hypocrite in the PM (which directly led to him nominating me), I didn't refund him by his demanded time, so it's on me to suck it up and deal with the repercussions.

but it seems like he was more interested in talking bad about me here while leaving me in the dark that he had decided to back out of the solution that we were working towards....which seems like maybe the biggest "female dog" move that anyone has pulled throughout this entire debacle.

I'm not shirking any of the responsibility for getting myself into this by having too many irons in the fire or getting in a bit over my head, most of the comments these over the last couple days were unproductive and unnecessary

I may be guilty of taking on too much or biting off more than I can chew]+

As a business owner, own your mistakes without blame or casting yourself as the victim...sometimes you should consider taking a loss financially since it seems you're willing to take a loss personally with your reputation?

6 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

That’s a good suggestion but he’s probably going to reject it because converting those books to auction would mean there’s a possibility that they don’t sell for as much he thinks they should. And for a flipper the prospect of leaving money on the table is like showing Dracula the cross...especially when it costs him nothing to continue to put these buyers off.  

For sure. But I figured I'd toss it out there. 

4 minutes ago, DR.X said:

Being a long time member has nothing to do with it. We've seen krap like this before with many long time members who never cleared things up and vanished. If he's in over his head with personal stuff ( and we all have personal stuff ) don't be getting upside down with comic deals and listing all your problems and you owe Comic Link or whoever 20K. This guy keeps digging himself a hole with his full page Wall Street ads of text. Just clear the fricking problem up, and go from there. It's that simple.

I pretty much agree with everything you said.  I'm all for probation until this is cleaned up.  Board members were wronged, that can't stand. This needs to be resolved. 

But 9 years of buying and selling without incident does mean something.  I'm just saying, rather than drag him through the mud and attacking every sentence he wrote, let's stay focused on the priority. 

Making sure this gets resolved and board members aren't financially harmed. 

1 minute ago, KCOComics said:

But 9 years of buying and selling without incident does mean something. 

What does it mean? To who? This whole thread is full of if's and what's and where's. Nothing has been done yet. I don't care if you've been on here 20 years, you don't get a free pass. I know he's not asking for one but, but all he has to do is fix this. But it now seems its not an isolated incident. Just straighten it out wether its through a P.M. or whatever.

1 minute ago, Buzzetta said:

I disagree because I try to put myself in the position of the person who is owed the money.   Would I say to myself, "Well, he has nine years of good trades so I will be patient for another month?"  What he did yesterday means nothing to me if he owes me $1,500.  I want my money. 

He is VERY fortunate that the people he needs to make whole are very patient with him.  There are MANY more of us around here that would not be so patient with this guy at this point.   It would be very unfortunate if that check were to be 'lost' in the mail.  It should have been sent via PP friends and family at this point as an instant transfer. 

I get it. 

I think of it like this. You have a seller who screwed up. The probation list is intended to resolve and discuss that issue. Make sure things are set right.  Probation is the consequence. 

But when the probation discussion becomes a mob attack, it becomes counterproductive. Top City thinks, "well, I'm never doing business there again, so screw them all" 

I'm disappointed by this. I was really disappointed by Rick Star as well. And I think @Polonsky has been more than fair and reasonable.  I don't defend Top City's behavior and I think probation is a slam dunk. 

I'm against personal attacks and confrontational messages. He's been walking a tight rope with how he does business and everything hit the fan at once.  That makes him a bad business man and someone you may not want to buy from, not necessarily a bad person. 

He's got to make this right, that's on him and my hope is he will. 

For full disclosure, I don't know Top City. Never bought him from. I've discussed a few trade deals but nothing materialized.  

41 minutes ago, KCOComics said:

I pretty much agree with everything you said.  I'm all for probation until this is cleaned up.  Board members were wronged, that can't stand. This needs to be resolved. 

But 9 years of buying and selling without incident does mean something.  I'm just saying, rather than drag him through the mud and attacking every sentence he wrote, let's stay focused on the priority. 

Making sure this gets resolved and board members aren't financially harmed. 

I respectfully disagree KCO...and I respect your opinion on these boards on all kinds of matters on the boards...but...any good grace the 9 years of past buying and selling have long since passed when this was not resolved weeks ago imo...

28 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

I disagree because I try to put myself in the position of the person who is owed the money.   Would I say to myself, "Well, he has nine years of good trades so I will be patient for another month?"  What he did yesterday means nothing to me if he owes me $1,500.  I want my money. 

He is VERY fortunate that the people he needs to make whole are very patient with him.  There are MANY more of us around here that would not be so patient with this guy at this point.   It would be very unfortunate if that check were to be 'lost' in the mail.  It should have been sent via PP friends and family at this point as an instant transfer. 

100%

7 minutes ago, KCOComics said:

I'm against personal attacks and confrontational messages. He's been walking a tight rope with how he does business and everything hit the fan at once.

Personal attacks. LOL You should have been around back in the days when moderation let things roll, if you think these are personal attacks. Nik, FT, Watson, even Dice X, would have jumped down this guy's throat like no tomorrow.

2 minutes ago, DR.X said:

Personal attacks. LOL You should have been around back in the days when moderation let things roll, if you think these are personal attacks. Nik, FT, Watson, even Dice X, would have jumped down this guy's throat like no tomorrow.

During the pandemic I spent far to much time reading some of the archived threads. Particularly the ones with Hammer (Danny D) and all of his made up accounts. Highly recommended late night reading material. 

And I'm not looking to stir the pot. Maybe I'm just disappointed with two long time sellers getting themselves into these situations (Rick Star being the other) 

I'm hopeful this will get cleaned up. 

12 minutes ago, KCOComics said:

During the pandemic I spent far to much time reading some of the archived threads. Particularly the ones with Hammer (Danny D) and all of his made up accounts. Highly recommended late night reading material. 

And I'm not looking to stir the pot. Maybe I'm just disappointed with two long time sellers getting themselves into these situations (Rick Star being the other) 

I'm hopeful this will get cleaned up. 

Key point being they got themselves into these situations.  Starr obviously proved all of his supporters wrong in the end.  Hopefully this situation goes differently.

1 hour ago, DR.X said:
1 hour ago, KCOComics said:

But 9 years of buying and selling without incident does mean something. 

What does it mean? To who? This whole thread is full of if's and what's and where's. Nothing has been done yet. I don't care if you've been on here 20 years, you don't get a free pass. I know he's not asking for one but, but all he has to do is fix this. But it now seems its not an isolated incident. Just straighten it out wether its through a P.M. or whatever.

Anyone remember good ole Russ from ComicSupply?

1 hour ago, KCOComics said:

I'm going to stick up for @Top City Comics a little bit. 

He's wrong and he's in over his head. He admits that. And he's got to make this right. I think probation is warranted until everyone is whole. 

At the same time, he is a long time member and someone who's had a pretty good reputation around here for a decade.  Instead of getting the pitch forks sharpened maybe we accept he's in over his head and he's got some personal stuff going on. 

I support probation until things are cleaned up. I just feel like jarring and arguing will only inflame things. The priority has to be to resolve these issues and hopefully Top City can straighten things up and learn from all this. 

Here is the problem. He didn't come on here and admit fault and make things better. He comes up with a laundry list of excuses. So yeah, his past means nothing at this point. 

4 hours ago, Top City Comics said:

I legitimately forgot...I obviously didn't think he was going to forget about it.

I'm trying to wrap my head around this. Are you saying that when you packed up and shipped the one book you forgot that the deal was for two books? Or you forgot to tell the buyer one of them was already sold?