• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nominating Top City Comics
12 12

891 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, skypinkblu said:

Personally, I think a reasonable solution would be for him to refund the value of the book you did not receive. Since he sold the book, he must have received compensation for the book, so there is no reason for him not to compensate you. If funds are short, I see a lot of books on eBay, perhaps he could put one or two up for auction.

The problem I see with this is the fact that he appears to be in a lot of debt from other transactions and any liquid cash is tied up in essentials (food, utilities, roof), already out the door to appease other debtors, or spent flipping new books in a perpetual ponzi scheme.

31 minutes ago, mattn792 said:

The “your money was spent before it even got here” response to Polonsky was very telling about TCC’s level of professionalism.  And it’s only gotten worse since then.

And that's certainly concerning.  We may not think about the 'financial stability' of the person we're dealing with but perhaps we should.  It's safer dealing with a Bob Storms or another seller with significant resources rather than someone who's leveraged and one misstep away from disaster.

23 minutes ago, thehumantorch said:

And that's certainly concerning.  We may not think about the 'financial stability' of the person we're dealing with but perhaps we should.  It's safer dealing with a Bob Storms or another seller with significant resources rather than someone who's leveraged and one misstep away from disaster.

Agreed.  Personally, I always hold the payment until I know there is no issue with the buyer.  I don’t sell a lot, so it’s easier to do I suppose.  

I find it odd that a seller that has the type of inventory that Top City supposedly has, doesn’t have some sort of “pool of cash” always set aside in case a customer isn’t happy and needs to refund, or partial refund or whatever.  

1 hour ago, wombat said:

Top City might as well say he has no return policy. The money you pay for books is spent before you send it. 

A check of his most recent eBay feedback reveals a neutral feedback for.....you guessed it.....

"Seller ignores return requests, although they advertise returns accepted!"

8 hours ago, DocHoppus182 said:

I find it odd that a seller that has the type of inventory that Top City supposedly has, doesn’t have some sort of “pool of cash” always set aside

If not for refunds, certainly to buy up any inventory that becomes available to him.

6 hours ago, jsilverjanet said:

Smells like Hall of Shame coming 

Time to start warming up those fingers @Buzzetta.  :whistle:

10 minutes ago, ExNihilo said:

Would it be though?  I can never remember the rules, but if Top City refunds Polonsky and compensates BuscemasAvengers with either cash or an equivalent book, isn't that enough to keep him off the HoS?  Isn't making the offended party whole all it takes?

If ifs and buts were candy and nuts, we'd all have a merry Christmas.”

we have to drop the filibuster while we have the numbers on our side, regardless of the rules that USED TO exist

excuse me?...this isn't about a national minimum wage? this is about rational maximum rage?

never mind

bcaf941afda1d82c2aee164f2d5acd55.jpg