• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nominating Top City Comics
12 12

891 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, wombat said:

But I think there is a way. Send a similar book. Its up to Top City to acquire that book and send it. If he doesn't that is on him. 

we need an arbitration system...everyone send everything back is the best answer for me (who has to ship first, can we guess!)

Just now, Bird said:

we need an arbitration system...everyone send everything back is the best answer for me (who has to ship first, can we guess!)

Personally I would think fulfilling what the agreed upon deal was would be the first option. The problem I have is defaulting to sending the books back and pretending this didn't happen is pretty bad precedent. What if I sell a book, realize I can sell it for a higher price, tell the buyer sorry I sold it so let me just send you your money back. 

3 minutes ago, Bird said:

This is between Canada and the U.S., if they go that way, at the least Top City should pay for all the postage.

6 minutes ago, wombat said:

Personally I would think fulfilling what the agreed upon deal was would be the first option.

of course, but that book is gone so that is not an option. 

7 minutes ago, wombat said:

The problem I have is defaulting to sending the books back and pretending this didn't happen is pretty bad precedent. What if I sell a book, realize I can sell it for a higher price, tell the buyer sorry I sold it so let me just send you your money back. 

I never said pretend it didn't happen?!? Personal lists, you know the deal. And this thread is informative, just as the PL would be. I just don't see either budging and then we have nothing as well, it would just...what...fade away?

7 minutes ago, Bird said:

of course, but that book is gone so that is not an option. 

I never said pretend it didn't happen?!? Personal lists, you know the deal. And this thread is informative, just as the PL would be. I just don't see either budging and then we have nothing as well, it would just...what...fade away?

But it's not a scarce book, why not replace it from the U.S.? Top City said he was replacing it from Overseas? There are 2370  listed in the census and 13 available just from the live listings on GPA. It would be different if there were just 10 in existence. 

3 minutes ago, skypinkblu said:

But it's not a scarce book, why not replace it from the U.S.? Top City said he was replacing it from Overseas? There are 2370  listed in the census and 13 available just from the live listings on GPA. It would be different if there were just 10 in existence. 

hey, ask TC not me! 

;)

He can get the book from the moon, I don't care.

I for one would love him to replace the book (perhaps he is waiting for the gpa to drop?), or refund the jointly assigned value. But do you foresee this happening? It seems like a house of collapsed cards over there at Top City Comics, if the cash was there to fix this I would hope it would have been done long ago. 

I'm not the actual arbiter, but how do you make someone buy something especially if they claim lack of funds? Defaulting to original positions allows BA to get full value back, at least tangible value. But BA gets to decide, not me.

1 minute ago, Bird said:

hey, ask TC not me! 

;)

He can get the book from the moon, I don't care.

I for one would love him to replace the book (perhaps he is waiting for the gpa to drop?), or refund the jointly assigned value. But do you foresee this happening? It seems like a house of collapsed cards over there at Top City Comics, if the cash was there to fix this I would hope it would have been done long ago. 

I'm not the actual arbiter, but how do you make someone buy something especially if they claim lack of funds? Defaulting to original positions allows BA to get full value back, at least tangible value. But BA gets to decide, not me.

:foryou:

The way I was reading your reply it sounded like you were only advocating one method. I also  think it's up to BA to decide.

1 minute ago, Bird said:

hey, here's a monkey wrench!

Do we even know that Top City still owns the comics BA sent him?

I do still have them, and I am more than willing to send them back and cover both of our shipping costs, which I offered as a solution to Tim last Thursday.

I will offer to send my package first, cover all the shipping costs, & even throw $50 cash in the package for his trouble.

I never attempted to "not work this out", stonewall him, or tell him to screw off...instead I offered multiple solutions...which was the main reason I was angry about this being brought here.  We were communicating and "working towards a solution" last I knew, then he came here instead...less than 12 hours after requesting a list of replacement books.  That was my main frustration with all of this, but it obviously doesn't have anything to do with the fact that I need to make the deal whole in one way or another.

9 minutes ago, Top City Comics said:

I do still have them, and I am more than willing to send them back and cover both of our shipping costs, which I offered as a solution to Tim last Thursday.

I will offer to send my package first, cover all the shipping costs, & even throw $50 cash in the package for his trouble.

I never attempted to "not work this out", stonewall him, or tell him to screw off...instead I offered multiple solutions...which was the main reason I was angry about this being brought here.  We were communicating and "working towards a solution" last I knew, then he came here instead...less than 12 hours after requesting a list of replacement books.  That was my main frustration with all of this, but it obviously doesn't have anything to do with the fact that I need to make the deal whole in one way or another.

Don't let my post derail anything, keep on workin' it out!

23 minutes ago, Top City Comics said:

I can't speak for a different Tim, but I think if I were having troubles with someone that felt like they weren't going anywhere, and then came across someone else having the same sort of problems with that person, I would likely think it's unlikely things are just going to resolve themselves privately. So I can understand his moving this out here.

In any case, I hope everyone can get things straightened out to their satisfaction.

Top City got Polasnky's check on January 27th.

Polasnsky started this thread on February 13th.

Today is March 1st.

So far, absolutely nothing has been resolved.

Draw your own conclusions from that.

Edited by Domo Arigato

12 minutes ago, Domo Arigato said:

Top City got Polasnky's check on January 27th.

Polasnsky started this thread on February 13th.

Today is March 1st.

So far, absolutely nothing has been resolved.

Draw your own conclusions from that.

20210301_181441.jpg.d23ad77076cf189b47c97783a792579d.jpg

9 minutes ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

20210301_181441.jpg.d23ad77076cf189b47c97783a792579d.jpg

it's my money and I want it now!

I cannot figure out who the woman is in that commercial...is she his mother? She looks to young, I think it is a long suffering wife and she wants him out now, but why is he going to call JGWentworth and let her get half of his money. It is HIS monney and he wants it now.

I don't know. That commercial makes me wonder more than the whole Wandavision series!

Edited by Bird

11 minutes ago, Bird said:

it's my money and I want it now!

I cannot figure out who the woman is in that commercial...is she his mother? She looks to young, I think it is a long suffering wife and she wants him out now, but why is he going to call JGWentworth and let her get half of his money. It is HIS monney and he wants it now.

I don't know. That commercial makes me wonder more than the whole Wandavision series!

:roflmao:20210301_183651.thumb.jpg.37a7a3168f8893416aea74e1ccc86549.jpg

2 hours ago, Top City Comics said:

I apologize for the rant earlier, it was a lot to read all at once, and I wasn't too thrilled by the end of it.

I was mostly angry that Tim did this without telling me or at least giving me a heads up after the fact.  Yes, he apparently sent me a message threatening it Friday morning, but it was less than 11 hours after making a request for a list of replacement books so I took it as a "nudge", and it was the 3rd or 4th time he had "threatened" it...(he started our very first conversation with it, claiming that I left his book out on purpose).  I did not think it was warranted or take him seriously on the threat, as I was answering all his messages and attempting to work this out with him.  I offered to replace the book with the exact same book but didn't have it in hand yet, I offered a higher value replacement book, but he balked at paying ANYTHING towards the difference in values...the most recent being an ASM 361 9.8 that is worth something like 50% more than the book he was supposed to receive.  He apparently thought it was "fair" to receive $300+ for his troubles.  I did not find this to be "working with me" on coming to a resolution, but I kept chugging along, offering more options for resolution.  His latest idea was a list of similar-valued PCH books, which he requested from me on Thursday night after 10:30 PM, which I didn't see until the next morning...and and apparently something went sideways for him overnight, because his next message was at 9:23 AM threatening to bring me up to the boards again...I didn't take this seriously, but again as more of a nudge to get me moving on the list...as it was less than 11 hours after him requesting the list to find a solution.

This was my last message to him:

"My main issue is that you didn't let me know you did this.  All you had to do was message me on IG or on here and tell me you did.  I literally don't get on here except to answer messages...I don't read the notifications or posts unless I have some leisure time in front of my computer.  You had threatened it multiple times, which I thought was unwarranted, and I assumed it was just a tactic to get me to cave to your request of a higher valued book, which I did not think was reasonable...but I didn't actually think you went thru with it....literally hours after requesting a list of PCH books....I mean what exactly changed overnight to make you do this before even seeing the list of horror books?"

All that being said, I do understand that it's ultimately my fault we are here, and how/what he said or did after being so wrongly wronged was led to by my mis-steps, so I do want to also apologize for any excuses I've made that make it look like I'm attempting to place blame on other parties for any of these issues.  This was all on me, and even if I didn't like the way these guys came at me, it is no excuse for not just going with the old adage of "The customer is always right" and taking care of things.  I thought I was trying to do that with Tim...as I had another copy in the exact same grade en route to me at the time...but it was coming from the UK, & still hasn't showed up yet.  I obviously had no idea that would be an issue when I offered it, but I do understand his frustration.  I also understand Lee's frustration about me not getting the books out the same day he mailed the check like I had agreed to.  I had way too much on my plate to be making that promise 2 days after breaking my arm. 

As for Tim's deal, I had so many trades & deals going on, and so many books coming in & out while not being able to package at full capacity that I did fall behind a good amount, and completely 100% spaced that his deal was a 2-book deal.  I knew he was getting the big book, but legitimately had a brain-fart on the ASM 300.  I've been running around like a chicken with my head cut off since before my accident, & was managing to still hold things together by a thread, but afterwards I had no chance to continue balancing my flimsy house of cards.

It's my fault we're here, and no one else's, I take full responsibility and will make both parties whole.  It was never my intention not to do so, but I should have never let emotions or pride get in the way to slow that down, and I fully understand that is the main reason we're all here.

I have been humbled by this whole experience (even if I was a little angry at first), and obviously needed a wake-up call on the way I was handling business, (or lack thereof).

I want to thank everyone who took the time to give their 2 cents on this topic, and even if I didn't like some of the comments, I needed to hear them...and I sincerely appreciate the "tough love" that you guys come out with when there is an issue.  I will do my best to reel it in and try to be more professional, even when I don't like what's being said to me or about me, as ego has no place in this business, especially as a seller.

Thank you