• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Eniac, how do we feel about this methodology?
1 1

326 posts in this topic

Just now, Crops068 said:

You beat me to it.  Was just coming to post this very thing.

Most are already thinking it is just another gimmick and that there will be an "evolution" of some kind.

That’s what my first thought was as well.

18 minutes ago, Crops068 said:

You beat me to it.  Was just coming to post this very thing.

Most are already thinking it is just another gimmick and that there will be an "evolution" of some kind.

It reads so ambiguous and sounds like a publicity stunt. Guess we will see...

9 minutes ago, Jitstark said:

Gotta say, I'm kinda sad about that. Eniac and Tankers were good reads.

If they are banking on people wanting the books for the readability then limiting in the way they have hinders that possibility.

But I do agree, they are good reads.

@ygogolak not sure if cbr has more info than others but this was posted just recent.

https://www.cbr.com/bad-idea-announces-closure/

40 minutes ago, Crops068 said:

If they are banking on people wanting the books for the readability then limiting in the way they have hinders that possibility.

But I do agree, they are good reads.

I agree. It was a stunt to artificially inflate the books so it was always gonna need to change somewhere down the line. Just a shame they've packed it in instead of changing the model.

5 minutes ago, Crops068 said:

Boom - start listening at 29 mins in, Dinesh literally says they are planning to rename the company.

GOOD IDEA!?! :idea: 

1 hour ago, BrooksR said:

If they weren’t selling enough books they should have just made them easier to get. 🤷‍♂️

Did they even make “not first prints” for any of the books other than eniac 1?

Whaleville is supposed to get a N1P but otherwise I have not seen any others with a N1P.

1 hour ago, BrooksR said:

If they weren’t selling enough books they should have just made them easier to get. 🤷‍♂️

Did they even make “not first prints” for any of the books other than eniac 1?

They announced one for Whalesville.

Considering that they hinted at the annoucement of Wave 2 when they said Eniac 4 was going to be delayed, and the "as we know it" caveat in the announcement, and the notion that Eniac #1 was a lot more successful than they were anticipating based on the initial order numbers, and that they sent some financial support to their retail partners early in the pandemic, I'm with everyone that thinks this announcement isn't them folding, but rather a metamorphosis into something better.