• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Eniac, how do we feel about this methodology?
1 1

326 posts in this topic

22 minutes ago, BrooksR said:

My LCS has lots of copies of eniac 2 and 3 still on the shelf, as well as a handful of whalesvilles. I guess interest in them has waned?

Possibly. One shop I was at today had quite a few copies of Tankers #1 still out on the counter. Like a lot of the books there, I’ll probably be the only one buying one copy each time I go until they are gone. Lol 

On 6/9/2021 at 5:39 PM, awakeintheashes said:

Possibly. One shop I was at today had quite a few copies of Tankers #1 still out on the counter. Like a lot of the books there, I’ll probably be the only one buying one copy each time I go until they are gone. Lol 

I went into one shop to buy Tankers #1 and they tried to upsell me immediately for the entire run, I declined.  However they did drop it to the normal cover price since I was not from there when I bought it.  With that said when I was buying it they asked if I had bought one from their sister store.  They were holding to the 1 per customer rule quite seriously.

1 minute ago, Crops068 said:

I went into one shop to buy Tankers #1 and they tried to upsell me immediately for the entire run, I declined.  However they did drop it to the normal cover price since I was not from there when I bought it.  With that said when I was buying it they asked if I had bought one from their sister store.  They were holding to the 1 per customer rule quite seriously.

Seems like an unnecessary headache on their part. The two stores by me keep it to one per customer per visit. I guess if someone was there every day maybe they’d say something, but if nobody is buying, why turn down a sale?

4 minutes ago, awakeintheashes said:

Seems like an unnecessary headache on their part. The two stores by me keep it to one per customer per visit. I guess if someone was there every day maybe they’d say something, but if nobody is buying, why turn down a sale?

My thoughts exactly.  Or if it was someone just walking out and back in buying them over and over.  I am right there with ya.

39 minutes ago, Crops068 said:

My thoughts exactly.  Or if it was someone just walking out and back in buying them over and over.  I am right there with ya.

When Tankers 1 came out there was one guy on line waiting to check out trying to convince other customers who weren't picking up Bad Idea books to buy it for him. Annoying

4 minutes ago, Wolverinex said:

Any place to preorder the final 5 and get the sticker?

My LCS is listing them (as a package deal) at 12:01am and the first ten buyers get the sticker. 

9 hours ago, Wolverinex said:

Thank you.  I've pretty much just given up

I fully understand this frustration. I was able to get one from one of my shops, but I don't think I would have been too bummed if I didn't. What's the "prize," just an extra copy of that first book? There are quite a few places online that will allow you to pre-order. If you want multiple copies of that first issue, you should be able to pre order from different places, right? Or, is there something I'm missing?

Edited by awakeintheashes

6 hours ago, awakeintheashes said:

I fully understand this frustration. I was able to get one from one of my shops, but I don't think I would have been too bummed if I didn't. What's the "prize," just an extra copy of that first book? There are quite a few places online that will allow you to pre-order. If you want multiple copies of that first issue, you should be able to pre order from different places, right? Or, is there something I'm missing?

My guess is it will be a "special" version of that copy or something.  But yeah like the buttons I didn't even bother.  I am not pre-ordering the whole run, that is not something I am willing to do.

Just now, awakeintheashes said:

I just stopped by the store I got the sticker at to check out some of the new releases they got in today and look at what was sitting on the counter in the Bad Idea display for cover price...

IMG_9642.thumb.JPG.7a21c7b92977e82f7558d16b0bd455b0.JPG

That's a score!👍