• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lets See Your Older/1st Edition/ OOP Trade Paperbacks and Graphic Novels!
5 5

168 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, porcupine48 said:

Hey china!

So sweet,but I'm out of likes!

We've catching up I know-I'm trying to get ready to attack the owed pms mate.

Wish I had an image of that beauty Monster yearbook you sent me,that's the beauty of beauties dans mon couer

Was this it pal? 

2291979-mfa80.jpg

7 hours ago, greggy said:

1615022701704566585735001684556.jpg

That book is garbage as scholarship, making a truly epic number of factual errors.

But I saw it in the library when I was a teenager, and what it does do extraordinarily well is convey a love of old comics.  I read it and wanted to see more, and have spent the last 30+ years trying to do that.  One of the first EC's I ever got, and one of only three I kept when I sold off most of the EC's I had then to pay the rent about 20 years ago, was MAD #20.  Which I originally wanted because I saw the cover and a partial reprint of the story "Cowboy" in the Crawford.

I'll never recommend it to somebody as history.  But I will always personally love it because it, more than anything else, made me fall in love with the golden age.

7 hours ago, batmiesta said:

Was this it pal? 

2291979-mfa80.jpg

That's the one!I dug it up first thing this,um,well when I got up lol 

It's one of my favourite things-I put it in my special WWI era wooden locker so I'll never wonder just exactly where it is again(remember my head was still a bit more shaken when I got it-you should see the gems I forgot I had it was amongst!But it shined brightest)

11 minutes ago, Namtak said:

Dont have picture of cover but those 2 got signed for me straight from the artist seeing them draw ignited my passion for comics forever,i was 5.

20210116_121334.jpg

20210116_121733.jpg

@#$^&^$#%you know my real name now....        lol