• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Video Game Chit Chat Is Welcome!! PlayStation 5/XBox Series X scalping...did you/will you pay inflated prices?
6 6

Scalped PlayStation 5/XBox Series X console  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Have you/will you purchase(d) a PS5 at retailer or scalper price?

• Retailer
    • Scalper
    • I’d rather buy comic books
    • I have better things to do with my hard earned stimulus check

740 posts in this topic

On 2/20/2022 at 1:22 PM, Ken Aldred said:

Hard to believe it'll remain an exclusive forever, as Skyrim was eventually ported to more or less every device. Too lucrative.  Skyrim on PS3 was a crashing, freezing, unplayable mess after a mere 40 hours or so when first released, which is no time at all on an RPG game.  I bought the Legendary Edition, which was great, and very stable.

I bought Skyrim twice. The first edition and the Lengendary 

I think when I finally bought the first edition, there were 3 patches already. The only game breaking glitch I had was the backwards flying dragon around the hot springs area.

There were still a lot glitches, some fun, some not so much. It took Bethesda WAY too long to sort their garbage.

I believe the Lengendary issue had a lot of community fixes, which is why you had the mod console included.

I'm not big into using mods and such, but its pathetic that game developers were allowed to get away with being that incompetent. 

Heres hoping Zenimax spends the time and money to produce some quality. Hell, a step back to Oblivion would do the series a much needed boost

On 2/20/2022 at 3:29 PM, The Meta said:

I think when I finally bought the first edition, there were 3 patches already. The only game breaking glitch I had was the backwards flying dragon around the hot springs area.

There were still a lot glitches, some fun, some not so much. It took Bethesda WAY too long to sort their garbage.

I believe the Lengendary issue had a lot of community fixes, which is why you had the mod console included.

I'm not big into using mods and such, but its pathetic that game developers were allowed to get away with being that incompetent. 

Heres hoping Zenimax spends the time and money to produce some quality. Hell, a step back to Oblivion would do the series a much needed boost

I also bought it twice. First for Xbox then again for Xbone. The first purchase was about a year or so after it’s release and I don’t remember any major bugs at that time. 

Skyrim :cloud9:

On 2/20/2022 at 8:29 PM, The Meta said:

PS3 Skyrim Legendary was stable enough for the minor issues to be tolerated.  I put 100s of hours into it, and after that long the worst problem would be occasional frame rate drop out and stuttering, but only after an hour or more of constant play, which was long enough, and resolved by a save and reload.  In all that time I only spotted one dragon flying backwards in the sky, and got torched by an invisible dragon on the ground.

Overall, for story and quests I preferred Oblivion. Fantastic game.  Skyrim, superior for combat.

Edited by Ken Aldred

On 2/20/2022 at 8:48 PM, bentbryan said:

I also bought it twice. First for Xbox then again for Xbone. The first purchase was about a year or so after it’s release and I don’t remember any major bugs at that time. 

Skyrim :cloud9:

The problem was with Bethesda's original PS3 version.

Edited by Ken Aldred

On 2/20/2022 at 2:12 PM, szav said:

Indeed, one of my top 3 favorites of all time.  Contemplating replaying again on PC.  I only ever played on PC and never had any issues with bugs or glitches.

For the  decade long wait on a single player sequel… it’ll be disappointing if it’s not in Elsweyr  or The Black Marsh.  How could they not pick one of the two at this point.

At this point we should be thankful we got Skyrim and not Cyrodiil 2.0

What bothers me is the time between games of the Elder Scrolls seems to be growing geometrically.  I'm very excited for the next issue but after that, it could be 20 or 30 years before the one after.  :tonofbricks:

I don't know how that's good for business but here I am, waiting patiently for the next one, so there's that.

On 2/20/2022 at 2:43 PM, Randall Dowling said:

What bothers me is the time between games of the Elder Scrolls seems to be growing geometrically.  I'm very excited for the next issue but after that, it could be 20 or 30 years before the one after.  :tonofbricks:

I don't know how that's good for business but here I am, waiting patiently for the next one, so there's that.

Its turning into Final Fantasy for me. I loved that series, then they wanted a mass market and cut out all the things I loved about it, the story, side quests, character development, and put in BS mini games and button sequence fights.

If I wanted a button memory game, I'd buy puzzle fighter or Dance Dance Revolution. 

The FFVII remake was a gigantic disappointment. The boss fights to get highest level is just collecting the proper equipment and doing the same moves, over and over. There is no depth. 

Granted, the "Remaster" of FX and FX2 are the same, at least its only Penance that you really need to play strictly in one fashion.

Well, the reality is, either we get ES 6 or Fallout 5, and which ever comes first will set the tone for the other

Either way, unless they are something very special, it will be the last I look forward to seeing. So let them take 30 years 

On 2/20/2022 at 2:53 PM, The Meta said:

Its turning into Final Fantasy for me. I loved that series, then they wanted a mass market and cut out all the things I loved about it, the story, side quests, character development, and put in BS mini games and button sequence fights.

If I wanted a button memory game, I'd buy puzzle fighter or Dance Dance Revolution. 

The FFVII remake was a gigantic disappointment. The boss fights to get highest level is just collecting the proper equipment and doing the same moves, over and over. There is no depth. 

Granted, the "Remaster" of FX and FX2 are the same, at least its only Penance that you really need to play strictly in one fashion.

Well, the reality is, either we get ES 6 or Fallout 5, and which ever comes first will set the tone for the other

Either way, unless they are something very special, it will be the last I look forward to seeing. So let them take 30 years 

On 2/20/2022 at 3:05 PM, topofthetotem said:

Final Fantasy’s peak was VII it will never reach that level of perfection again. 

I didn't finish playing the remake.  I gave it a chance, got disappointed quick.  I still have the FF Anthology somewhere, for the PS1.  I play it every now and then on my PS2 Slim...for nostalgic purposes. lol

On 2/20/2022 at 4:48 PM, Galen130 said:

I didn't finish playing the remake.  I gave it a chance, got disappointed quick.  I still have the FF Anthology somewhere, for the PS1.  I play it every now and then on my PS2 Slim...for nostalgic purposes. lol

FFVII is one of those games that has stuck with me over the years.

FF7 was the first FF I ever played. I went on and got every remake, Anthology, the other one with 4 and 5, and 6

6 was a favorite that a lot of my friends have. I still havent been able to finish that one, and 8. 

5 is a hardcore favorite of mine. The Battle on the Bridge is a classic

I was into FF right up to 12

After that, it just seemed to devolve. 

On 2/20/2022 at 3:56 PM, The Meta said:

FF7 was the first FF I ever played. I went on and got every remake, Anthology, the other one with 4 and 5, and 6

6 was a favorite that a lot of my friends have. I still havent been able to finish that one, and 8. 

5 is a hardcore favorite of mine. The Battle on the Bridge is a classic

I was into FF right up to 12

After that, it just seemed to devolve. 

I actually got my start with FF2 on the SNES, then stopped at FF8 for PS1.  I did play FF12 on PS2, but I think that was the last one until FFVII Remake.  My all time favorite was FFIII for SNES.

On 2/20/2022 at 4:24 PM, Galen130 said:

I actually got my start with FF2 on the SNES, then stopped at FF8 for PS1.  I did play FF12 on PS2, but I think that was the last one until FFVII Remake.  My all time favorite was FFIII for SNES.

Yeah a lot of people loved 3 (which is actually 6)

I just could not get into it

Did you like 8 as well? A lot of people who loved 6 liked 8 better than 7 lol

I thought they were nuts

On 2/20/2022 at 4:27 PM, The Meta said:

Yeah a lot of people loved 3 (which is actually 6)

I just could not get into it

Did you like 8 as well? A lot of people who loved 6 liked 8 better than 7 lol

I thought they were nuts

FF8 wasn't bad.  I liked 7 more. Lol

Edited by Galen130

On 2/20/2022 at 4:43 PM, szav said:

Evolving video game economics dealt a critical perhaps fatal blow to games like Skyrim.  I'm still not certain we'll ever see a real sequel.  There is simply far more money to be made in subscription based MMORPGs, 'social' games with in app purchases and DLCs forever, and pay to win/impress your friends mechanics.

I maintain a dim hope that the trend towards rejecting social media will fuel a return to massive single player RPG games, and we've seen some resurgence of the genre with DoS and PoE....but I dunno.

Diablo 2...

I hear you. ESO was the first, and last, MMORPG I'll play

The people who get involved with the devs and moderation on those games are the most vile, despicable, toxic human beings, and they totally ruin the experience 

I'm sticking to offline

On 2/20/2022 at 5:37 PM, szav said:

I could write a book about the experience with those types in Everyquest over the course of several years.  Corruption, favors financial and otherwise for special in game treatment, in game feuds leading to real life feuds and broken marriages. delusional online manifestos, doxing and attempts to ruin people's careers, guilds with more than 100 members with people's who's lives were totally devoted to the game at the expense of everything else in their life, death threats and arrests, etc etc... all for a make believe fantasy that could be taken away in an instant.  Never again here as well.

Its truly insane

On 2/20/2022 at 6:37 PM, szav said:

I could write a book about the experience with those types in Everyquest over the course of several years.  Corruption, favors financial and otherwise for special in game treatment, in game feuds leading to real life feuds and broken marriages. delusional online manifestos, doxing and attempts to ruin people's careers, guilds with more than 100 members with people's who's lives were totally devoted to the game at the expense of everything else in their life, death threats and arrests, etc etc... all for a make believe fantasy that could be taken away in an instant.  Never again here as well.

Never understood that aspect of gaming. 

On 2/20/2022 at 5:45 PM, topofthetotem said:

Never understood that aspect of gaming. 

Tale of a korean couple playing a second life type game together. 

Had a child that died because they were too busy taking care of their cyber family

The world is a strange place