• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Video Game Chit Chat Is Welcome!! PlayStation 5/XBox Series X scalping...did you/will you pay inflated prices?
6 6

Scalped PlayStation 5/XBox Series X console  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Have you/will you purchase(d) a PS5 at retailer or scalper price?

• Retailer
    • Scalper
    • I’d rather buy comic books
    • I have better things to do with my hard earned stimulus check

740 posts in this topic

On 2/28/2022 at 7:13 AM, Ken Aldred said:

Understandable, as there’s a decade and two consoles in between them.  Hopefully some varied content rather than just padded with repetitive fetch quests.

Not repetitive...different feel/look and enemies in each area.

Edited by s-man

On 2/28/2022 at 9:14 AM, s-man said:

(shrug)
Aggregate score
Aggregator Score
Metacritic (PC) 95/100[19]
(PS5) 97/100[20]
(XBSX) 95/100[21]
Review scores
Publication Score
Destructoid 10/10[22]
Easy Allies 9.5/10[23]
Game Informer 10/10[24]
GameRevolution 10/10[25]
GameSpot 10/10[26]
GamesRadar+ 11px-Star_full.svg.png11px-Star_full.svg.png11px-Star_full.svg.png11px-Star_full.svg.png11px-Star_full.svg.png[27]
Hardcore Gamer 5/5[28]
IGN 10/10[29]
PC Gamer (US) 90/100[30]
PCGamesN 10/10[31]
Shacknews 9/10[32]
The Guardian 11px-Star_full.svg.png11px-Star_full.svg.png11px-Star_full.svg.png11px-Star_full.svg.png11px-Star_full.svg.png[33]
VG247 11px-Star_full.svg.png11px-Star_full.svg.png11px-Star_full.svg.png11px-Star_full.svg.png11px-Star_full.svg.png[34]
VideoGamer.com 9/10[35]

Elden Ring received "universal acclaim"

Yeah, one of my FB friends posted that it's "acclaimed". Not sure if he actually played it, though. I have about 25 people in 1 Discord server saying that it's trash. Maybe they're all wrong...

On 2/28/2022 at 9:17 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

Yeah, one of my FB friends posted that it's "acclaimed". Not sure if he actually played it, though. I have about 25 people in 1 Discord server saying that it's trash. Maybe they're all wrong...

Not sure what's trash about it?

On 2/28/2022 at 9:18 AM, s-man said:

Not sure what's trash about it?

Other than "performance issues" and "1/10", the comments I've seen are all simply summaries that "it sucks", so IDK.

The only thing that I know is that my circles apparently disagree with the "critics" or whoever rate the games on sites like IGN. I didn't even know that games had critic scores.

On 2/27/2022 at 4:49 PM, Galen130 said:

Ghost of Tsushima, Living Legend Platinum trophy achieved!! There are still some separate dlc’s and other stuff, but I think I will hold off and start Horizon soon. :banana:

As it turns out, I’m playing the Iki Island dlc.  I want to feel like I completed the bulk of this game before I start HFB.  lol

On 2/28/2022 at 10:56 AM, Galen130 said:

As it turns out, I’m playing the Iki Island dlc.  I want to feel like I completed the bulk of this game before I start HFB.  lol

I really liked Iki Island. It’s a bit harder (not that Ghost was hard) but still fun.

On 2/26/2022 at 8:48 AM, Ken Aldred said:

Perhaps try Returnal.  Supposedly tough, but unlikely on par with something like the very infamous Battletoads.

Sifu also sounds cool. Not the all or nothing like Returnal but you won’t be able to finish if you die a lot.

On 2/28/2022 at 12:08 PM, Park said:

I really liked Iki Island. It’s a bit harder (not that Ghost was hard) but still fun.

I'm finding it a bit more difficult, but my character is fully upgraded...except the stuff you get on the island.  It's still fun...especially when you do the confrontations of 3 or 4 mongols.  Lol

On 2/27/2022 at 1:17 PM, s-man said:

Nearly 30 hours into Elden Ring and I have only defeated one main boss and not because he was to tough (took me about 10 tries), but because there is so much you can do before progressing the main story line.  This game is truly amazing and I am already calling it my all time favorite.

I’m about 4 hours in and I can beat some animals and a handful of soldiers. lol

On 2/28/2022 at 12:11 PM, Galen130 said:

I'm finding it a bit more difficult, but my character is fully upgraded...except the stuff you get on the island.  It's still fun...especially when you do the confrontations of 3 or 4 mongols.  Lol

Yeah, there was a bit of a shock the first few times I ran into a group. lol

31AB0D00-AA4C-47EC-B72C-3A98519CB6E3.gif

Well, my anxiety/ptsd/insomnia was amped so I stayed up late and finished the Iki Island dlc’s for GoT.  102 plus hours…lots of fun.  I’m saving the Legends Mode & New Game + for another time.  Next is Horizon Forbidden West…GT7 will download this weekend. :banana:

Bought Terminator Resistance and CyberPunk 2077

CyberPunk has huge potential, if it wouldn’t corrupt saves when I die. The game has a large learning curve to it, and I'm not a fan of FPS, but the melee combat is pretty good.

Hunting down psychos is great, now if only I could take them alive

Maybe because Witcher 3 is an older game with more updates, but how is it that it practically runs flawless and 2077 runs like garbage?

Guess I'm lucky to have gotten the PS5 version and skipped out on the headaches of graphic glitches. 

This game reminds me of the first iteration of Skyrim. Great when you have barely done anything, a complete mess after 30 hours of saves

On 3/6/2022 at 4:39 PM, szav said:

I spent a long time on all the side quests prior to beating Margit the Fell Omen.  Only taken a few cracks at Godrick the Grafted.  For  an aging gamer in his 40’s who usually plays turn based strategy games, or games that let you pause and think I gotta say this game is as tough as advertised but I love it.

Cant remember the last single player RPG I played where you couldn’t eventually win any fight  by just outleveling the opponent then spamming your best 1 or 2 attacks.  Even Skyrim and Dragon Age’s highest difficulty levels were jokes.

Yeah this really isn't a pause to think kinda game! lol  Godrick was a fun fight, love the dragon's head weapon, just wish it was an option for his "soul".

I am  70+ hours in and am still exploring.  I've leveled up some awesome weapons, including a very cool sword that's a tribute to the GoT throne.

On 3/6/2022 at 9:39 PM, szav said:

Even Skyrim and Dragon Age’s highest difficulty levels were jokes.

Easy to over level in Skyrim, even when on Legendary difficulty. Even that eventually starts to get quite manageable once you’ve maxed out your preferred skills and figured out what Thu’ums work best in a certain situation, such as against one-or-two shot kill Draugr Overlord archers.

Edited by Ken Aldred

On 3/6/2022 at 5:12 PM, Ken Aldred said:

Easy to over level in Skyrim, even when on Legendary difficulty. Even that eventually starts to get quite manageable once you’ve maxed out your preferred skills and figured out what Thu’ums work best in a certain situation, such as against one-or-two shot kill Draugr Overlord archers.

Those guys are bastards.  One of the only parts of the game that you have to watch out for at upper levels.  

I agree with you guys, though.  There's a point in Skyrim where it's ridiculously easy at higher levels and I actually started fighting with wooden swords and a hunting bow to make it a challenge.  

I would end up with these absurd troves of weapons and armors by level 45 and at that point, while still enjoyable, it's really just about exploring the different story quests.  My favorite thing to do was to get the Savior's Hide and then dress up Serana with it.  She really knew how to wear it.

nvtd4qky22481.thumb.jpg.d6f47bafb565ef0ef55a64effcc993b5.jpg

On 3/6/2022 at 11:33 PM, Randall Dowling said:

There's a point in Skyrim where it's ridiculously easy at higher levels and I actually started fighting with wooden swords

There’s also the possibility to level a wooden sword up into a joke super weapon in the game. 

Could that be done with a wooden spoon or other utensil as well? Sure I’d read that somewhere. hm

Edited by Ken Aldred

On 3/6/2022 at 5:26 PM, Ken Aldred said:

There’s also the possibility to level a wooden sword up into a joke super weapon in the game. 

Could that be done with a wooden spoon or other utensil as well? Sure I’d read that somewhere. hm

Fork

Check out Spiffing Brit, Reanu Keeves build

On 3/7/2022 at 3:43 AM, The Meta said:

Fork

Check out Spiffing Brit, Reanu Keeves build

A fork would make more sense.

A spoon would simply be too ridiculous.