• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Video Game Chit Chat Is Welcome!! PlayStation 5/XBox Series X scalping...did you/will you pay inflated prices?
6 6

Scalped PlayStation 5/XBox Series X console  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Have you/will you purchase(d) a PS5 at retailer or scalper price?

• Retailer
    • Scalper
    • I’d rather buy comic books
    • I have better things to do with my hard earned stimulus check

740 posts in this topic

On 4/18/2022 at 6:03 PM, Ken Aldred said:

More FromSoftware masochism at a bargain price. Hard to beat as a gaming experience. 

I bought CyberPunk at half price thinking I'd burn through it.

At 150 hours on two saves. The last update has created crashes galore though, the honeymoon is almost over. 

Trying to find a guide that actually gives me information, and all I get is pages and pages of ads and its annoying looking things up.

I want to learn more about the game mechanics, even contemplating a guide by piggy something sold on Amazon, but it just sounds like a glorified manual, not a guide.

I miss the old days when you bought a guide and it had every tiny thing about the game in it

On 4/18/2022 at 6:06 PM, Galen130 said:

I wouldn’t bother, honestly.  It’s still broken…people still person_without_enough_empathying about it on Blizzard’s forums.  I think the devs gave up on it…probably have other things occupying their time. *cough* legal problems *cough* (shrug)

I chalked it up to a $40 lesson learned.  I won’t be getting D4 when it comes out.  They lost a lot of dedicated fans. :facepalm:

This is the reason it'll be free, though 

On 4/18/2022 at 6:08 PM, The Meta said:

This is the reason it'll be free, though 

True, but it’s actually a game-breaker.  I’m seeing that many players just stopped playing, like me.  So it will be free disappointment.lol

On 4/18/2022 at 6:11 PM, Galen130 said:

True, but it’s actually a game-breaker.  I’m seeing that many players just stopped playing, like me.  So it will be free disappointment.lol

What exactly is broken?

After a cursory search, only the coop is broken?

Solo play is fine?

On 4/18/2022 at 6:30 PM, The Meta said:

What exactly is broken?

After a cursory search, only the coop is broken?

Solo play is fine?

Here’s one of it’s biggest game breakers.  It was started last November.  Not many posts the past few months because I think people just gave up…

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/d2r/t/items-disappearing-from-stash/7652

Edited by Galen130

On 4/18/2022 at 6:36 PM, Galen130 said:

Here’s one of it’s biggest game breakers.  It was started last November.  Not many posts the past few months because I think people just gave up…

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/d2r/t/items-disappearing-from-stash/7652

I can feel my frontal lobe dissolve with some of those posts

I mean, I can TELL whos first language is English abd who is just so incredibly lazy with their ability to communicate that I virtually lose brain cells reading it

On 4/18/2022 at 6:46 PM, The Meta said:

I can feel my frontal lobe dissolve with some of those posts

I mean, I can TELL whos first language is English abd who is just so incredibly lazy with their ability to communicate that I virtually lose brain cells reading it

Yeah. lol   The PC threads are a bit better…lots of issues on that platform too.  They are still patching the game as of this month.

On 4/18/2022 at 6:52 PM, The Meta said:
On 4/18/2022 at 6:50 PM, Ken Aldred said:

Just started Fallout 4 PS4 on PS5.  Typical Bethesda RPG game structure, familiar to me as a Skyrim / Oblivion player.  Scavenging resources everywhere, and I know I’m going to end up with another insanely large inventory. 

Great graphics, always one for exploration, finding it much darker in tone than Elder Scrolls. Likely be on it for months.

I feel sorry for your furniture if you have all the DLC packs lol

Crafting and building really sucks you in on this game. I spent about 2 years playing this

Been through so many play throughs and there is always something new that is found. Some of the DLC are definitely worth it.  

On 4/19/2022 at 10:07 AM, The Meta said:

At 150 hours on two saves. The last update has created crashes galore though, the honeymoon is almost over. 

Trying to find a guide that actually gives me information, and all I get is pages and pages of ads and its annoying looking things up.

I want to learn more about the game mechanics, even contemplating a guide by piggy something sold on Amazon, but it just sounds like a glorified manual, not a guide.

I miss the old days when you bought a guide and it had every tiny thing about the game in it

I think eurogamer might have done something on Cyberpunk. They're a great site I highly recommend. They don't usually do guides, but I have a feeling they may have for CP2077. 

Still haven't picked up a Playstation 5 or an Xbox Series X.

Don't really have a desire to go out of my way to pay $500 for something.  I did receive an email from Xbox a couple of day ago that I just now opened.  It said they have limited inventory on Xbox Series X.....so I went ahead and clicked on their link to check it out.  I then had to click on "Build you Bundle".....so I did.

Step 1:  Choose your console (required) -- Xbox Series X was the only choice for $499.99

Step 2:  Xbox Game Pass Ultimate 3 month membership (required) - $44.99

meh

As far as I'm concerned.....both of these companies did a s**t job of stopping scalpers from sucking up all the inventory.....and they can both now go f**k themselves.

On 4/18/2022 at 8:07 PM, The Meta said:

https://www.gamestop.com/gaming-accessories/strategy-guides/playstation-4/products/cyberpunk-2077-the-complete-official-guide/11099262.html?dwvar_11099262_condition=New

I used this and a ton of youtube clips

On 4/25/2022 at 10:57 PM, Domo Arigato said:

Still haven't picked up a Playstation 5 or an Xbox Series X.

Don't really have a desire to go out of my way to pay $500 for something.  I did receive an email from Xbox a couple of day ago that I just now opened.  It said they have limited inventory on Xbox Series X.....so I went ahead and clicked on their link to check it out.  I then had to click on "Build you Bundle".....so I did.

Step 1:  Choose your console (required) -- Xbox Series X was the only choice for $499.99

Step 2:  Xbox Game Pass Ultimate 3 month membership (required) - $44.99

meh

As far as I'm concerned.....both of these companies did a s**t job of stopping scalpers from sucking up all the inventory.....and they can both now go f**k themselves.

oh  come on, time for you to join us with a ps5.

if you have twitter follow wario64 for a few weeks.  you willscore

Also register here

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/ps5/register-to-buy/

On 4/25/2022 at 8:20 PM, Wolverinex said:

@The Metabtw, congrats on 150  hours.  WOW.  have you done the Panam missions yet? 

lol I have not

I screwed up the game. You met Ozob Bozo?

Supposed to fight him in Beat the Brat, but I finished it before progressing the main story very far, and I think I skipped over it

Or maybe he only shows up for Corpro brats?

On 4/25/2022 at 10:18 PM, Wolverinex said:

oh  come on, time for you to join us with a ps5.

if you have twitter follow wario64 for a few weeks.  you willscore

Also register here

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/ps5/register-to-buy/

PS5 would probably be my first choice......but (tsk)

On 4/25/2022 at 9:57 PM, Domo Arigato said:

Don't really have a desire to go out of my way to pay $500 for something.

On 4/25/2022 at 11:22 PM, The Meta said:

lol I have not

I screwed up the game. You met Ozob Bozo?

Supposed to fight him in Beat the Brat, but I finished it before progressing the main story very far, and I think I skipped over it

Or maybe he only shows up for Corpro brats?

Yes I did.  Just met him randomly.  I was corpo though 

On 4/25/2022 at 11:29 PM, Domo Arigato said:

PS5 would probably be my first choice......but (tsk)

Just sign up for GameStop Pro and keep an eye on your emails. That system has worked for every single person that I know who wanted a PS5. XBoxes are much easier to get a hand on.

IMO, if you cannot do that, then you do not deserve a PS5 right now. I'm sure you're okay with that, though.