• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Video Game Chit Chat Is Welcome!! PlayStation 5/XBox Series X scalping...did you/will you pay inflated prices?
6 6

Scalped PlayStation 5/XBox Series X console  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Have you/will you purchase(d) a PS5 at retailer or scalper price?

• Retailer
    • Scalper
    • I’d rather buy comic books
    • I have better things to do with my hard earned stimulus check

740 posts in this topic

On 3/6/2022 at 9:02 PM, Ken Aldred said:

A fork would make more sense.

A spoon would simply be too ridiculous.

But a spoon will hurt more. lol

Quiz:  What movie is that from??? 

On 3/7/2022 at 10:13 AM, szav said:

Ahhh Serana … voiced by the sultry and exquisitely talented Laura Bailey.  Maybe the only anime/video game/movie voice actress who’s name I know.

Shes so goth, which is hot. Serana, dunno about the actress 

Well, the new Horizon is a lot of fun...as expected.  It's more involved than GoT, but I'm not surprised.  I even goofed around with GT7 a bit...it takes me back.  I missed racing simulators.

I even started a 'new game plus' with GoT...story only, very little exploring.  That game still fascinates me. lol

Anyone whos destroyed CyberPunk 2077?

There SEEMS to be a lot to this game, but I'm only 15 hours or so in. I've been avoiding the main storyline and doing side stuff, about to go back to the main because I know it has to be a giant level up.

Is there a point for picking up everything you see, or do you want to stick to just the green and blue stuff for crafting?

How about shards? Is there a trophy or something for getting these? Seems like there is a buttload

Been watching some gameplay of Elden Ring

How do you guys find it? Based on what I've seen, a guy running around with an oversized sword, its really not impressive. 

Are there different class structures? It appears to be a DnD knockoff, but it follows the same formula of cheap fighting bosses to death, run around, power up, cheap boss fight, inquire, get relic, cheap boss fight....

On 3/16/2022 at 7:25 AM, The Meta said:

How do you guys find it? Based on what I've seen, a guy running around with an oversized sword, its really not impressive. 

Are there different class structures? It appears to be a DnD knockoff, but it follows the same formula of cheap fighting bosses to death, run around, power up, cheap boss fight, inquire, get relic, cheap boss fight....

I thought that it was basically a different version of Dark Souls?

I kinda hated Dark Souls. At least the first one, which is the only one I tested.

On 3/16/2022 at 6:52 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

I kinda hated Dark Souls. At least the first one, which is the only one I tested.

Never played it myself, havent seen gameplay either

Just heard its insanely hard. But given how games are these days compared to the stuff I played growing up, "hard" doesn't mean difficult 

On 3/16/2022 at 8:54 AM, The Meta said:

Never played it myself, havent seen gameplay either

Just heard its insanely hard. But given how games are these days compared to the stuff I played growing up, "hard" doesn't mean difficult 

I tried to create some sort of mage in Dark Souls and literally could not kill a thing. If Elden Ring is anything of that sort, then I would lean in support of its critics.

I beat God of War on God Mode, for reference, so "ease of play" is usually a non-factor when it comes to my 'review' of video games. Hel, Jedi Order is somewhat difficult for me, but I would give it a glowing score.

On 3/16/2022 at 6:59 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

I tried to create some sort of mage in Dark Souls and literally could not kill a thing. If Elden Ring is anything of that sort, then I would lean in support of its critics.

I beat God of War on God Mode, for reference, so "ease of play" is usually a non-factor when it comes to my 'review' of video games. Hel, Jedi Order is somewhat difficult for me, but I would give it a glowing score.

Bought Fallen Order and could only play 20mins of it

On 3/16/2022 at 7:06 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

It's not as good as it could be, but it was/is a lot of fun for me.

I'm enjoying CyberPunk and a lot of people found it unplayable 

On 3/16/2022 at 12:52 PM, theCapraAegagrus said:

From Software product.  The reviews indicate it has elements from all of their previous games; Souls, Bloodborne, Sekiro, in terms of play and environments.  The difficulty is typical.

Currently on my second play through of Uncharted 4, 'crushing' after 'hard' setting.  Very tough.  On part 20 at present.  

Edited by Ken Aldred

I Finished the Director's Cut of Tsushima.  Since I already beat it on the Xbox and bought the DC to play on PS5, I didn't think it added a ton.  That said, I am probably just not going to track down every side quest just to get a new color of armor.  Certainly not going to try to 100% it or almost any open world game.  Have to decide on the next game, probably LOU2.  

On 3/16/2022 at 10:59 AM, szav said:

It is immensely fun and I'm totally hooked, but I'm not declaring greatest of all time or even close.  It is substantially more difficult than most modern RPGs, but still pales in comparison to games of old.  There is almost no punishment for death whatsoever.  After learning the tricks and mechanics it's not hard to beat most of the bosses, you just have to employ the right strategy for the moment, and time things well, maybe repeat it a few times and get a little lucky.  

Gameplay, graphics on the character and background level are amazing, they've constructed something with great visual appeal.

That said, as I've progressed I've found the story line and characters and dialogue to be severely lacking.  There are no cities, very few people, no emotional attachment, no compelling storyline whatsoever. There are many good and creative elements in the lore of the game, but they do nothing to tie them together, or make theme engaging.  You're just killing everything until you become king.  It's still very fun to play, but its not in my top 10 I don't think, and not sure how much replay value it will have.  To be fair I'm not done yet so there could be more that I'm missing.  

Thats where I am at as well. Visually well done, but severely lacking in what makes an RPG a RPG

On 3/16/2022 at 7:21 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

I heard that there was a s***-ton of bugs at launch. Did they fix 'em all?

I have yet to crash the game. There are a few hilarious visual glitches (people sitting in mid air, cell phones waving about on their own) but nothing like what people were complaining about at launch 

I believe most breaking glitches were for PS4

On 3/16/2022 at 10:52 AM, Transplant said:

I Finished the Director's Cut of Tsushima.  Since I already beat it on the Xbox and bought the DC to play on PS5, I didn't think it added a ton.  That said, I am probably just not going to track down every side quest just to get a new color of armor.  Certainly not going to try to 100% it or almost any open world game.  Have to decide on the next game, probably LOU2.  

It took me about 130 plus hours to get 100%, including the Iki Island dlc.  I wanted to max out my character for New Game plus. lol

On 3/16/2022 at 7:25 AM, The Meta said:

I've played over 100 hours, haven't beaten it yet and still love playing.  I equate it to playing Dark Souls in Skyrim with awesome graphics. And yes there are different classes you can choose with different starting stats/equipment.  The greatness of DS is carried over here in that you can beat the game many ways and challenge yourself in many ways like a SL1 run which I am far from doing at this point, but did in the past games and it was like rediscovering them.

Just finished Uncharted 4 PS4 on PS 5.  In the end, an absolute grind on Crushing difficulty that wasn’t a remotely enjoyable experience and won’t be repeated.  Ridiculously difficult in places, such as the Part 13 jungle section, exploding mummies, Part 20 ships graveyard, and the tedious climactic Rafe duel, as QuickTime challenges such as this one are a particularly weak area in my gaming skill set.

Now onto Lost Legacy. Don’t see why the graphics in Uncharted 4 are so raved about as this sequel looks absolutely stunning in comparison.

Edited by Ken Aldred