• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Video Game Chit Chat Is Welcome!! PlayStation 5/XBox Series X scalping...did you/will you pay inflated prices?
6 6

Scalped PlayStation 5/XBox Series X console  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Have you/will you purchase(d) a PS5 at retailer or scalper price?

• Retailer
    • Scalper
    • I’d rather buy comic books
    • I have better things to do with my hard earned stimulus check

740 posts in this topic

That was quite interesting on Fallout 4.  

Going to a lighthouse where there’s a Cult of the Atom, then getting my health totally eroded by them using Gamma Guns to kill me at a distance via radiation damage.  Luckily, I carry a Hazmat suit around with me, which negates the radiation but has zero protective armour, and then getting repetitively nuked into oblivion by mushroom cloud generating grenades being spammed at me.

Inventive.

Edited by Ken Aldred

On 5/10/2022 at 7:05 AM, Ken Aldred said:

That was quite interesting on Fallout 4.  

Going to a lighthouse where there’s a Cult of the Atom, then getting my health totally eroded by them using Gamma Guns to kill me at a distance via radiation damage.  Luckily, I carry a Hazmat suit around with me, which negates the radiation but has zero protective armour, and then getting repetitively nuked into oblivion by mushroom cloud generating grenades being spammed at me.

Inventive.

I hated that area when I first stumbled upon it

Now I sneak around and take potshots at them, or use Ada

On 5/10/2022 at 10:27 AM, The Meta said:

I hated that area when I first stumbled upon it

Now I sneak around and take potshots at them, or use Ada

This is a pretty  cool collectible.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/mcfarlane-toys-cyberpunk-2077-male-v-multi/6391852.p?acampID=0&cmp=RMX&irclickid=Sj1wos35ExyIRKvUKR0Wux9JUkD0vlxEER58zM0&irgwc=1&loc=Narrativ&mpid=376373&ref=198&skuId=6391852

On 5/17/2022 at 4:34 AM, Wolverinex said:

Can't go wrong with McFarlane toys. Looking at the back of the box, looks like you can get Johnny Silverhand playing guitar as well

I haven't posted any updates in a while, but then I've been busy with Gran Turismo 7 and Horizon Forbidden West. lol

Horizon Forbidden West is exactly as I expected...an open-world, but semi-linear, game that I still have a ways to go on.  I'm enjoying it, but I got addicted to GT7 and focused on that one more.

GT 7 is your typical Gran Turismo simulator in a lot of ways, but there are some new additions.  GT7 incorporates an online racing experience called 'Sport' that is supposed to be similar to Gran Turismo Sport.  I never played that game, so I don't play it much...not much of an online player anyway.  There are missions in GT7, where you drive a pre-selected car on a pre-selected track in order to complete certain requirements.  Different cars are won based on how well you do, but these missions are a massive grind.  They seriously test your skills at fine tuning a car you can't fine tune, except by changing how the car drives...not by tuning the car itself. :facepalm:  The little story aspect of the game ends fairly quickly, unless you're a lousy driver. lol  There is a complete online aspect, different from the Sport portion...again, I'm not much of an online player.  There are plenty of races, especially as you progress further into the game and unlock more of them.  Some of these races really test your vehicle tuning abilities.  I haven't played since GT5, so I was pretty rusty when I started.  Still challenging.  The graphics look great, as always, with lots of historical videos and information built in.  This game was designed, I believe, for serious car enthusiasts, but it can be frustrating at times.  Still the best driving simulator game series out there for consoles...IMO. (thumbsu

On 5/17/2022 at 6:23 AM, jaybuck43 said:

Anyone else severely disappointed by Sonys announcement with the new PS plus? It’s like gamepass is sitting right there for you to copy off of and THIS is what you give us?!?

I haven't been following.  What's up??

I don't understand. Is this replacing PSNow?

My current plus yearly subscription costs 80 bucks and I get 3 free games a month, plus online gaming 

This makes zero sense to me

https://techcrunch.com/2022/05/16/sony-playstation-plus-tiers-launch-june-13-list-of-games/

On 5/17/2022 at 6:58 AM, The Meta said:

I don't understand. Is this replacing PSNow?

My current plus yearly subscription costs 80 bucks and I get 3 free games a month, plus online gaming 

This makes zero sense to me

https://techcrunch.com/2022/05/16/sony-playstation-plus-tiers-launch-june-13-list-of-games/

Except for streaming games, I personally don’t see a big deal.  Hell, I don’t fully utilize my current PS plus account now. (shrug)

I will have to investigate further…

On 5/17/2022 at 6:20 AM, Galen130 said:

Except for streaming games, I personally don’t see a big deal.  Hell, I don’t fully utilize my current PS plus account now. (shrug)

I will have to investigate further…

I just put the free monthly games in library and forget about

Don't even online game at the moment

On 5/17/2022 at 7:30 AM, The Meta said:

I just put the free monthly games in library and forget about

Don't even online game at the moment

Yeah, I’m mainly about the discounts for games I don’t want to buy right away.  I don’t even download my two free games each month unless I’m really interested. 🤣

On 5/17/2022 at 8:42 AM, Galen130 said:

I haven't been following.  What's up??

Three tiers.

$60 a year = Current PS Plus. 

$99 a year = PS Plus Extra

$120 a year = PS Plus Premium 

With PS Plus Extra you get a chunk of PS4/PS5 games.  With Premium you also get some PS3/PS2 games and free trials (like you can play WWE 2k22 for a few hours).  The problem are the games you get.  Many of the games in Extra are games we got the last few years if you already had PS Plus.  

On 5/17/2022 at 7:44 AM, jaybuck43 said:

Three tiers.

$60 a year = Current PS Plus. 

$99 a year = PS Plus Extra

$120 a year = PS Plus Premium 

With PS Plus Extra you get a chunk of PS4/PS5 games.  With Premium you also get some PS3/PS2 games and free trials (like you can play WWE 2k22 for a few hours).  The problem are the games you get.  Many of the games in Extra are games we got the last few years if you already had PS Plus.  

Ah, gotcha.  (thumbsu

Now I know why I wasn’t following.  I don’t stream or play the old games.  I’d be ticked if I did.  PlayStation doing away with backwards compatibility sucked, but I’m not paying more to play the old games.

Well looks like instead of having PSNow, which was streaming, they just combined it with plus

I've bought the games I played on Now, and the rest suck, so absolutely no point at all to get a higher tier

Elden Ring is like the Dark Souls games. You are dropped off in a world, and you have to figure out what to do where to go and whatnot. The world is massive so prepare to die a lot. There is a general story to follow but it's mostly open world.