• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Video Game Chit Chat Is Welcome!! PlayStation 5/XBox Series X scalping...did you/will you pay inflated prices?
6 6

Scalped PlayStation 5/XBox Series X console  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Have you/will you purchase(d) a PS5 at retailer or scalper price?

• Retailer
    • Scalper
    • I’d rather buy comic books
    • I have better things to do with my hard earned stimulus check

740 posts in this topic

On 9/21/2022 at 6:45 AM, The Meta said:

I've only seen the S on shelves, never the other two 

Think it might actually be ready for release. 2 years late lol

I was definitely surprised to see them....especially all three at once.  The only one missing was the digital only version of the PS5.

I'm not sure which disk version of the PS5 that one is.  The first ones were the 1,000 series......they were the heaviest with the largest heatsinks.

Then they updated it with the 1100 series, which had smaller heatsinks.

Now they are getting ready to release (or have already started releasing) a 1200 series.  From what I've heard, these are supposed to be the more desirable ones to get now if you don't already have one.....although I don't think beggars can be choosers in the current market.  The 1200 series appears to be using smaller and more energy efficient chips, which use less power and run cooler.  Because of this, they've been able to shrink the board and heatsink down even more and make the units lighter.  They've actually been able to shrink the internals down enough that they've had to design additional internal supports in the shells so the components are secured in place properly.  Some think this might be a prelude to introducing a slim PS5 in the not too distant future.....but who knows.  So far, the outside appearance has remained the same for all of them.

Edited by Domo Arigato

On 9/21/2022 at 8:24 AM, Domo Arigato said:

I was definitely surprised to see them....especially all three at once.  The only one missing was the digital only version of the PS5.

I'm not sure which disk version of the PS5 that one is.  The first ones were the 1,000 series......they were the heaviest with the largest heatsinks.

Then they updated it with the 1100 series, which had smaller heatsinks.

Now they are getting ready to release (or have already started releasing) a 1200 series.  From what I've heard, these are supposed to be the more desirable ones to get now if you don't already have one.....although I don't think beggars can be choosers in the current market.  The 1200 series appears to be using smaller and more energy efficient chips, which use less power and run cooler.  Because of this, they've been able to shrink the board and heatsink down even more and make the units lighter.  They've actually been able to shrink the internals down enough that they've had to design additional internal supports in the shells so the components are secured in place properly.  Some think this might be a prelude to introducing a slim PS5 in the not too distant future.....but who knows.  So far, the outside appearance has remained the same for all of them.

I have one of the first 1100

I was just glad to get hold of one, and the week before Christmas last year.  I’d assumed I would still be on PS 3 until well into this year, even now.  So, I was grateful for the first console upgrade I’d bought in a decade.  Don’t mind lagging behind on the curve, as at least the games end up being cheap entertainment. Lots of great PS4 material to get through, £10 to £15 range.

On 9/27/2022 at 5:02 AM, Galen130 said:

Just saw The Last of Us trailer for HBO.  Anyone else?  Opinions?

For non-gamers, maybe too much like another Walking Dead. 

Finished playing Demon Souls PS5.  Great game.  Beat it twice, second run through as New Game Plus, which wasn't as crushing as I'd expected, although some of the bosses were challenging, of course, such as The Flamelurker, with its ridiculous damage radius in a small arena, and the Maneaters, where the main problem is a ridiculously narrow walkway and falling off time after time.  Still, eventually you work out a strategy to win.  Then again, I was playing a Royalty / Battlemage build, which the pure melee players consider Easy Mode, whereas I always like this type of build for simple variety; melee, spells, archery. And, even with health at level 50, you can still be one-shot annihilated by some characters.

Highly recommended. 

Edited by Ken Aldred