• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL Turn Around Times thread for Trading Card Submissions!
9 9

2,631 posts in this topic

On 7/24/2021 at 7:36 PM, TrayKnight said:

So if they received our cards before the update, then the previous TAT stands? Which was.....I think 5 or 7 days.

According to CGC, yes. But my standard submission is at 60+ business days and TAT was at 48 days when my submission arrived on 4/15/21. So who knows the truth anymore or what's really going on at CGC...

On 7/24/2021 at 8:22 PM, HomeGrownPoke1 said:

According to CGC, yes. But my standard submission is at 60+ business days and TAT was at 48 days when my submission arrived on 4/15/21. So who knows the truth anymore or what's really going on at CGC...

I’m going to say no. Because if that was the case I would have 5 submissions back already. 

On 7/24/2021 at 4:36 PM, TrayKnight said:

So if they received our cards before the update, then the previous TAT stands? Which was.....I think 5 or 7 days.

Whether you got your cards in before or after the TAT update it does not matter. Their Turn Around Times have never stood for anything. It is just eye candy for possible submitters. If we actually saw the data and ran some simple statistics on turn around times, I am sure we would find that the outliers are actually those that got their cards back within the stated TAT or before.

On 7/23/2021 at 9:48 PM, Justin Wright said:

Exactly, that’s the whole point to getting your cards graded. Loosening their standards would definitely ruin their brand and turn them into a sub par grading service. I like how strict they are cause 10s shouldn’t be given out unless the card is perfect. Keeps the premium high on those cards and furthermore, it’s the right thing to do for their company and their customers.

I also thinks this helps to make modern more collectible, since 10’s of hit cards will still be low pop. Once CGC has their pop report out I feel like the price of 10’s is gonna skyrocket lol

On 7/24/2021 at 10:09 PM, JDayAD said:

I also thinks this helps to make modern more collectible, since 10’s of hit cards will still be low pop. Once CGC has their pop report out I feel like the price of 10’s is gonna skyrocket lol

Agreed, it’s almost a guarantee of a 10 with PSA on modern unless centering is horrendous

Turn around times are just ridiculously  frustrating and thats with paying for fast track . Its  out of control my box of 25 comics sat for 3 1/2 weeks before it even showed it was recieved on 5-19 and now its 7-26 and finally in quallity control and who knows how long thats going to take . So its a 4 month turn around  with fast track .   And  prices were raised  this year $4 more per book for fast track . I sure hope Blackstone or whoever bought CGC can fix this problem .Comic gods please help .

i really feel like they are grading my cards rn.. (I HOPE) someone just received bulk/ 2/11 and i also have bulk 2/11 so.. maybe this week ill see a change , its def been a few in grading stage..every week i jutst keep telling myself it will just be one more weeeeeeek....

On 7/26/2021 at 3:15 PM, Ecordle92 said:

i really feel like they are grading my cards rn.. (I HOPE) someone just received bulk/ 2/11 and i also have bulk 2/11 so.. maybe this week ill see a change , its def been a few in grading stage..every week i jutst keep telling myself it will just be one more weeeeeeek....

Man...this making it really sink in how long it could still be until my bulk received 3/26 starts grading. And I think the bulk TAT estimate just jumped to over 180 days. I mean....I'm guessing probably October or November :(

On 7/26/2021 at 5:47 PM, mattisgoku said:

Man...this making it really sink in how long it could still be until my bulk received 3/26 starts grading. And I think the bulk TAT estimate just jumped to over 180 days. I mean....I'm guessing probably October or November :(

It seems like they are grading 1 day worth if bulk every week.  With them on February 12th right now, you are probably 30 weeks from getting your cards back, so maybe February for you...

On 7/26/2021 at 7:26 PM, Deha88 said:

Well my buddy just got his 2/15 bulk back today… my 2/11 bulk is still in grading/encapsulation

That’s wild. I have a bulk 2/10 still in grading. Good for him! Positivity!

On 7/26/2021 at 7:28 PM, Trolheis said:

That’s wild. I have a bulk 2/10 still in grading. Good for him! Positivity!

2/10 brother! my 2/10 bulk got broke into 2 shipments, i received my 16 cards with subgrades this saturday, the rest of the bulk (64 cards no sub grades) is still in the grading / encapsulating lol 

Dearest Diary,

Today is day 18 of Grading/Encapsulation/Imaging.  Last night, I dreamt that my sweet cards' grades had been posted online for viewing.  Alas, what a pleasant dream that was.  And yet, here I am, awake once more and gazing upon those stark three words which once held such promise.  Grading, encapsulation, imaging.  The winds whisper of 2/10 submissions being returned, and there are even rumors swirling of a 2/15 bulk making safe passage.  My 2/12 can't be much further off.  My spirit hurts, Diary, but I am strong.  I will remain here until I have better news.