• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL Turn Around Times thread for Trading Card Submissions!
9 9

2,634 posts in this topic

On 8/6/2021 at 7:49 PM, Deha88 said:

Both my received 2/11 bulk orders have officially passed my received 2/11 economy. I’m so lost. 

Yeah I am not sure what is happening. I submitted 28 cards economy and 3 cards economy with sub grades together and they were received 2/11. The subgrades are supposed to take 5 days longer than regular economy but somehow i got my sub grades back almost 2 weeks before my economy submission shipped. My only guess is that smaller submissions tend to be finalized and shipped first (even if they were received same day or later), how big was your 2/11 economy submission?

I feel like it'll be a while before they get through the massive mid-February submission block. Remember, first price increase was 2/16 and everyone rushed a sub the week before.

Edited by CamelJR
typo

On 8/9/2021 at 7:28 PM, CamelJR said:

I feel like it'll be a while before they get through the massive mid-February submission block. Remember, first price increase was 2/16 and everyone rushed a sub the week before.

Agreed. Will see another roadblock early April as well

On 8/10/2021 at 8:40 AM, Benjamin Brown said:

My 2/11 Bulk w/subs moved to Grading/Quality control today. Already received my no-sub portion of the submission 3 weeks ago. 

Just to clarify, you're saying your bulk submission (the chunk without subgrades) with a received of 2/11 was sent back to you 3 weeks ago?
May I ask how many cards were in that chunk (without subgrades)? Seems like submission size is playing a huge role here.

On 8/10/2021 at 11:00 AM, ZeroAnkoku said:

How long do they take to ship out once it hits the "Grading/Encapsulation/Imaging" phase? It's been like that for about two weeks on my end. 

I dont think there is a common time frame for this step. I've had a sub in this for 1 week before going to Quality Control and I currently have a sub in this stage that's been like that for about 3 .5 weeks. 🤷🏾‍♂️

On 8/10/2021 at 11:04 AM, tomatocan said:

Just to clarify, you're saying your bulk submission (the chunk without subgrades) with a received of 2/11 was sent back to you 3 weeks ago?
May I ask how many cards were in that chunk (without subgrades)? Seems like submission size is playing a huge role here.

You are right. Sent one bulk order some with subs/no subs. I has 21 no-subs sent back to me and still waiting on the 30 subs to move through. Pretty annoying my entire order cant keep up with each other. Same invoice, same box, same received date. 

On 8/10/2021 at 1:10 PM, LuckyMouse said:

Economy 33 cards w/subs:

Received: 2/12
Sched for Grading: 6/29
Grad/Encap/Imag: 7/8
Grading/Qual Control: 8/9
Shipped: 8/10

CONGRATS! dang a month for just grading/encapsulating, i think it could realistically be 6 weeks for the orders that got in before the first price jump in that status

On 8/10/2021 at 1:10 PM, LuckyMouse said:

Economy 33 cards w/subs:

Received: 2/12
Sched for Grading: 6/29
Grad/Encap/Imag: 7/8
Grading/Qual Control: 8/9
Shipped: 8/10

Did you have any cards that were ineligible type/research mode?  My 2/12 submission has all of the exact same dates as yours until you get to the 8/9.  Mine still shows Grading/etc, but I have a card that has been in ineligible type/research mode since it made it to the 7/8 stage.

The absolutely ridiculous thing is that the card that is in ineligible type/research mode is promo card of Aegislash EX, 65a/119 from the Premium Trainer’s XY Collection box that I opened with my son 4 years ago.  We submitted several cards from that box and all of them are legit according to CGC, but apparently the graders are singling out this very cheap but meaningless decent-looking card.  I don't know what goes through their minds sometimes.  Apparently someone must have snuck a fake of a cheap card into the sealed box that we bought for $100 and resealed it, because the rest of the cards are ok?  [dripping with sarcasm]  Our last submission had the same thing happen with a 1st edition ditto card, which again, pretty sure no one would fake a ditto card; but then again, that one we bought at a local shop, so the shop owner probably had a printing press in the back of his store and was churning out convincing-looking $5 pokemon cards...  :) 

On 8/10/2021 at 1:39 PM, smeeeeee said:

CONGRATS! dang a month for just grading/encapsulating, i think it could realistically be 6 weeks for the orders that got in before the first price jump in that status

Thank you. Yeah, I have two 2/15 bulk subs that I am guessing will take 2 more weeks to get. We'll see.

On 8/10/2021 at 2:27 PM, Holku said:

Did you have any cards that were ineligible type/research mode?  My 2/12 submission has all of the exact same dates as yours until you get to the 8/9.  Mine still shows Grading/etc, but I have a card that has been in ineligible type/research mode since it made it to the 7/8 stage.

The absolutely ridiculous thing is that the card that is in ineligible type/research mode is promo card of Aegislash EX, 65a/119 from the Premium Trainer’s XY Collection box that I opened with my son 4 years ago.  We submitted several cards from that box and all of them are legit according to CGC, but apparently the graders are singling out this very cheap but meaningless decent-looking card.  I don't know what goes through their minds sometimes.  Apparently someone must have snuck a fake of a cheap card into the sealed box that we bought for $100 and resealed it, because the rest of the cards are ok?  [dripping with sarcasm]  Our last submission had the same thing happen with a 1st edition ditto card, which again, pretty sure no one would fake a ditto card; but then again, that one we bought at a local shop, so the shop owner probably had a printing press in the back of his store and was churning out convincing-looking $5 pokemon cards...  :) 

All of my cards are typical wotc stuff, so I haven't encountered any ineligible type problems thus far. I looked up your card on eBay, it is a pretty cool looking card, and I've no clue why it would be problematic. Getting clear answers is one of the frustrations of dealing with this company. I sincerely hope your cards get sent back in the next day or so, as they should be. I know I'm tired of having to check my submission status over and over again, lol. We're all in the same boat in that respect, I'm sure.