• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BULK PURCHASE OF THE SAME COMIC
5 5

523 posts in this topic

54 minutes ago, Adam Lui said:

If you can't even get past your own bullying actions what good is talking about other people

You keep using the word, "bullying" with anyone who disagrees with you it seems.  Do you actually understand what bullying is?

1 hour ago, Adam Lui said:

These are not considered handling defects by CGC. There are YouTube videos proving this where spine damage caused by shifting is completely ignored. You will understand the reason if you re-read the criteria I posted for 9.8 / 9.9 / 10.0. As a reminder, 9.9 and 10.0 do not allow handling defects

Given that you proceeded to demand what he possessed shows you ignored his detail that he's been collecting since the '90s (so is highly attuned to what people want today) + my detail that things have been deleted = you aren't really trying to pay attention to this thread, so that is the cause.

Very disagreeable.  I did not make a demand at all.  I seek clarification.   You are assuming that he is highly attuned because he has been collecting for so long.  A perfect example of this is what we are currently seeing with the Pokemon card collectors.  There are many that check those boxes that you are setting up here. They readily admit that they submit cards that are common and are not that high in demand because they 'think' there is a shot at getting a high grade on the card.  So, there is a BIG difference in sitting on a case of New Mutants 98 and sitting on a case of Topps Zorro vs Dracula #2.   

You seem to be ignoring quite a bit. 

Now in terms of achieving those 9.8's, 9.9's and 10's that you claim are readily achievable in a sealed and uncirculated case, you once again ignore mitigating factors that are determined again, by the actual book.   If it is glossy paper stock that reacts differently to newsprint quality comics if they have been sitting in a non temperature controlled warehouse for the last 25 years. 

And yes, I got my work done... took an hour and a half, but now I have to figure out breakfast.

I would tell you what I have in my fridge to make breakfast, but you would probably say that you disagree with that and then when honestly told you that I do not have the ability to make avocado toast you would say I was bullying you. 

Maybe I have time to run to the bagel store and get a 'baconeggandcheeseonaneverythingbagelsaltpepperketchup" but first... shower. 

I want to smell fresh and clean over zoom today. 

34 minutes ago, Adam Lui said:

You did???

I did type it but can't find it.  I must have deleted it and posted something else.  I apologize for saying 'Anyone who believes a box of unread and uncirculated comics will yield all or mostly 9.8 copies doesn't know what they're talking about' and replace doesn't know what they're talking about with 'incorrect'

1 hour ago, Adam Lui said:

If you ask for quotes then address them otherwise there is nothing productive about our discussion and why I predicted early on it would go no where and said I have no interest in responding to you

For someone who has no interest in responding to him you are doing a very good job of responding to him

Just now, Jeffro. said:

For someone who has no interest in responding to him you are doing a very good job of responding to him

Hence the rock n' roll!!!  :headbang:

17 minutes ago, Adam Lui said:

Your agreement came after your very first post tagging me, after my comment that once-common things can be valuable. In your very first post tagging me, you state that 90s comics are really common and hoarded. You then made fun of him wanting to "get rich." How can you believably claim you were saying it to indicate value ("I know there's demand right now and I know 90s books have value") instead of what clearly was occurring, you were making fun of him for thinking they were valuable? Why would you say he "didn't know what he was talking about" if you are now claiming you "couldn't make a decision of value" lol

Prove me wrong.  Partner up with him and send them in and get 9.8s and sell them for a lot of money.  I'd be very interested to see how many came back 9.8.  The characterization of making fun of him is entirely yours.