• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is it just me or are the CGG submission servers crashing
6 6

133 posts in this topic

Maybe not the best move by CGC. 

Leaving only a 1 week window to get your submissions in at the old price creates a panic among thousands of would-be submitters.  Even the procrastinators are motivated to get something in before the increase, because it is a HUGE increase. 

I can see a company needing to raise prices for inflation and added expenses, but some of the services (pressing, grading, fast tracking combined), are over 30% more.  Yikes!  That's over-reaching, for sure.  If gasoline went from $3 to $4 in a week, there would be a riot.

So while the TAT's are already very, very, long, a new surge of packages will arrive at the doorsteps of CGC.  To continue the gasoline analogy, they're just adding fuel to the fire.

23 minutes ago, THE_BEYONDER said:

Maybe it’s their way of halting submissions....

One way to test this theory - try to submit an Action 1 walkthru for pressing and grading and see if it still crashes 

anyway I don’t think they are doing this on purpose I think they just overestimated the server capabilities 

Edited by ivegotneatstuff

Same here. I've managed to get my 50 value books in.  Gave up on the moderns for today.  Too slow!  I wouldn't be surprised if they receive 100k+ books in the next few weeks. 

Just now, cd4ever said:

Same here. I've managed to get my 50 value books in.  Gave up on the moderns for today.  Too slow!  I wouldn't be surprised if they receive 100k+ books in the next few weeks. 

Can’t wait to see what happens to their TATs :insane:

Yeah, they either need to fix these servers if they're not doing it on purpose or extend another week as I have court all next week. I'll be wanting a $150 membership refund if I can't get my 50 card submission in for $8 instead of $15.

I got about 35 books into my 50 book submission and it crashed on me.  It showed none of the 35 for about 10 minutes and thought I had lost all that work but it popped up eventually.  I've not subbed in at least 18 months and the price increase prompted me to sub 25 fast track and 50 slow boat so I can only imagine how many books they will be receiving this month.

16 hours ago, Lightning55 said:

Maybe not the best move by CGC. 

Leaving only a 1 week window to get your submissions in at the old price creates a panic among thousands of would-be submitters.  Even the procrastinators are motivated to get something in before the increase, because it is a HUGE increase. 

I can see a company needing to raise prices for inflation and added expenses, but some of the services (pressing, grading, fast tracking combined), are over 30% more.  Yikes!  That's over-reaching, for sure.  If gasoline went from $3 to $4 in a week, there would be a riot.

So while the TAT's are already very, very, long, a new surge of packages will arrive at the doorsteps of CGC.  To continue the gasoline analogy, they're just adding fuel to the fire.

one group im in has 1000+ books being submitted by the members, and they are scrambling for more.