• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Are prices still climbing or have they eased up a bit???
43 43

7,178 posts in this topic

On 10/2/2022 at 5:41 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

Hopefully the Todd Father signs the books the same way he signed on the label (thumbsu

^^

I'm willing to test that theory and get the label too, just to hope and pray, and then try to send it and forget it lol

QC is harsh, but I was tempted to send in a regular submission too! 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

I'll say this; I don't know about the market overall, but I'm not getting many steals on CLink and ebay like I expected! There was a dip this summer when I was able to pick up a lot of drek on the cheap, but the last couple of sessions, where I expected to steal a few more, ended as strongly as ever. And I'm talking about really common junk that I'm chasing almost strictly due to nostalgia. Thought it would be a good time to stock up, but...not so much. 

On 10/3/2022 at 8:06 AM, GermanFan said:

The downfall of Europe will affect the US heavily. First negatively but after a couple of years in a positive way: The USA will take the remaining potential of Europe in, people, know how and industries. It seems the USA saves itself by sacrificing Europe.

This is the same playbook the US used in the 30s to get out of the great depression after 1945.

So my prediction: expect a downturn in comic prices in the short term and after a couple of years with the economic recovery prices will rise again.

Sorry for my ignorance, but what European downfall are you referring to?

On 10/3/2022 at 8:48 AM, F For Fake said:

I'll say this; I don't know about the market overall, but I'm not getting many steals on CLink and ebay like I expected! There was a dip this summer when I was able to pick up a lot of drek on the cheap, but the last couple of sessions, where I expected to steal a few more, ended as strongly as ever. And I'm talking about really common junk that I'm chasing almost strictly due to nostalgia. Thought it would be a good time to stock up, but...not so much. 

I shopped heavily on the last two CLink auctions and got zero "deals". Everything I big on ended up selling significantly higher than previous sales. 

On 10/3/2022 at 7:06 AM, GermanFan said:

It seems the USA saves itself by sacrificing Europe.

This is the part of your statement that puzzles me. How is the Russian invasion and accompanying energy disruption USA’s fault? Seems to me the USA has stepped up.

please don’t respond. I like this thread and don’t want it locked

On 10/3/2022 at 9:19 AM, Motor City Rob said:

I shopped heavily on the last two CLink auctions and got zero "deals". Everything I big on ended up selling significantly higher than previous sales. 

The usual suspects are holding since everyone figures bigger silver and GA keys are the best choice to protect your investment. It is the run fills and more recent books that are taking a massive tumble right now. The first four of my books that closed in the current CL auction went for about half of what I was hoping for and I regret putting them up for auction. In the end I know my bigger books will do alright though and hopefully it will all come out in the wash. 

Edited by Stefan_W

On 10/2/2022 at 6:41 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

Hopefully the Todd Father signs the books the same way he signed on the label (thumbsu

I believe he signed over 14K books during last year's signature event and I've seen many sloppy sigs arise from there.  I doubt any of the sigs will look the same way he signed on the label.

On 10/3/2022 at 11:10 PM, Ryan. said:

You're talking to someone who has devoted virtually every post in the past two years to excitedly and ceaselessly predicting the economic collapse of civilization, and joyously celebrating any time there is a hint of world news pointing to economic downturn. 

I should overcome my lazyness and post pics of my recent aquisitions. I still got some nice deals here and then. 

We are heading into the holidays with recession looming... just wait a month or two.  It's coming...

On 10/4/2022 at 9:22 AM, WolverineX said:

We are heading into the holidays with recession looming... just wait a month or two.  It's coming...

Yes,  companies will really feel the pain during the holiday season when consumer spending will be much lower than previous years.  I expect huge discounts on some items to move them.

This pretty much mirrors my experience. I don't doubt that some sellers took a bath, but I haven't seen any big dips on the books I'm looking for and those books are nothing fancy.