• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Price increase submission deadline extension?
2 2

34 posts in this topic

• Administrator

There will be no extension. We gave a week notice, which we did not have to do. Submissions should be submitted before midnight tonight EST.

Thank you,

Paul

5 hours ago, Magnus Stengade said:

Hi Paul
It is litterally impossible to finish the submission on your website, it keeps on breaking down. Are you adamant on that decision? I've been trying to submit for 3 hours today and managed to get around 15 cards added to the submission.

That was happening to me last night. I got on early today (before 8am) and it was fine. Sucks for others though frantically trying to do it now

I have books in my cart ...yet I can’t check them out...been trying since Sunday...I’m hoping they are planning on giving me the old rates... at least for that order...How can you place an order when you can’t place an order...?

7 hours ago, PaulS. said:

There will be no extension. We gave a week notice, which we did not have to do. Submissions should be submitted before midnight tonight EST.

Thank you,

Paul

I've been working on my submission for well over a month at this point.  While i appreciate that you did give a week's notice, it doesn't make me feel any better that all my work for the last month has been literally for nothing. 

That's all fine and good to not extend, but I was able to enter three of my entries and the fourth errored out yesterday and I even got an email with a link to print the fourth but even then it just pulls up a blank invoice for $600+.  How am I supposed to include a packing slip?

Don't extend, totally up to you, but come midnight I'm done trying after doing so on and off for the last 36 hours.

For what it's worth, your point is valid about having a week notice but I'm doing my best during lunch and after hours and have spent a lot of time I really don't have to waste, so please consider that everyone isn't just sitting here drinking beers by the pool all day so finding a few hours a week to create an entry isn't a given.  And each time I have to sift through a collection and decide what to send, which I suspect others do to so it's not just filling out an order.

Telling us you gave a weeks notice is no excuse for an extreme failure by your company.    The books im trying to submit weren't even in my possession until Sunday night.  Ive been trying now for 1 hour to get the info filled out for 1 book.  1 book.    When the deadline is midnight but nobody can even use the website for more than 24 hours beforehand thats not our fault,  thats yours.  

Nothing I do works. The CGC site is not allowing me to do anything including checking out. If CGC figures it's fine by them, I'll sell the majority of the books I was going to slab without slabbing them. It is only logical as I want to feel I'm not losing out. Many books I was going to slab really could do without slabbing anyway. I'm sure many others would logically feel the same way.  

There's no way I'm spending the thousands on grading at an increased price after I have been trying to submit my cards for the past few days but been unsuccessful due to CGC's technical errors.  Please be professional about this situation CGC, I really want to continue to use your services, don't push me the other way.

I realize CGC has made a ma$$ive infrastructure inve$tment. Demand for your service is up. And costs NEVER go down. But it would have been nice for you to get your improvements up, running, and T.A.T.s reduced before passing the buck on to your customers with literally a weeks notice. Especially with your site crashing minute to minute for days now. I literally cannot submit books in my cart. And since i can't.... My price will go up from $90 with my 10% disco, to $108 with my disco. Until my discount disappears when it's time to re-up. Then my price goes up by $30 each for books that are staying in my P.C. 

For collectors that are NOT flipping books, the competition (started by CGC's FOUNDER!) is looking SOOO much better. That's a tough pill to swallow since you guys have been THE comic grading standard since the beginning....

The notion that you don't have to give notice of price increase is beyond ridiculous. I grinded through and got my submissions done on time so I'm not too upset about the website issues. A weeks notice is fine in my opinion. I think the reason that the price increase was announced ahead of time was because it was the correct way to handle the situation. So saying that you didn't have to give any notice was probably unnecessary and doesn't look very good.