• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Market is just crazy stupid right now
6 6

331 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, comicdiablo said:

If I had the time to do it beyond my full-time job, I would sell everything as quickly as I could right now. However, it's a process that's going to take at least a few years for me to accomplish, so I hope the market stays about as hot as it is now through 2023 or so...

I think you will be alright. I been micro managing less and selling comics more. I usually don't sell at peak value unless it's a flash in the pan book. Market hasn't gone done in my life time. From 2000 to 2012 is didn't increase much but I have never lost money on a book so if and when the bubble bursts it will be the first time. With inflation, bunch of new buyers and moves and tv shows galore, you should be fine. 

On 3/1/2022 at 10:01 PM, 70s80sTimeMachine said:

In this market, had that 361 been a newsstand, you are looking at a six figure book :insane:.

Fun fact, I believe that is the highest multiple ever for a 9.9 hammer vs. what the 9.8s fetch. 

giphy-1.gif.837d2954bb4af599596582a036612090.gif.af3e853d775154f560c388192db6e4b9.gif

On 3/1/2022 at 11:01 PM, 70s80sTimeMachine said:

In this market, had that 361 been a newsstand, you are looking at a six figure book :insane:.

Fun fact, I believe that is the highest multiple ever for a 9.9 hammer vs. what the 9.8s fetch. 

You could buy 100 9.8s for the same price :insane:

On 3/1/2022 at 11:06 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

You could buy 100 9.8s for the same price :insane:

Incredible. Gives you some perspective. This thread was started nearly a year ago and I have a bunch of comics on my watch list that are fetching higher highs presently. 

On 3/1/2022 at 9:25 PM, BlowUpTheMoon said:

1.jpg.2739824d0dbda204ffc625cd85bf6373.jpg

There really needs to be a fifth emoji that is like a blinking face or something to denote awe.  I really want to click a button on this post, but none of the available options fit the bill: I don't like it, I'm not thankful for it, I'm not that confused by it, and it doesn't make me laugh.  It is something, though.   

On 3/1/2022 at 11:18 PM, BlowUpTheMoon said:

It's not a CGC 9.9 anymore.  SCS

Really? Could a pres bring it back to a 9.9?

On 3/1/2022 at 11:42 PM, Jesse-Lee said:

Sextuple cover has to be the most amount of recorded covers right? I've never seen anything like that!

An Octople cover was posted right above.

On 4/29/2021 at 11:58 AM, InfantTerrible said:

I feel so defeated, waiting 2-3 weeks for end of auction only to see the books that I want go way over my budget, and my budget is way over GPA, but apparently not high enough

it's so frustrating :frustrated:

I hear you IT.....SAdly the hobby is just becoming too expensive for most if they seeking bronze and silver age keys in even mid grades eg 5.0 now☹️