• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Did we get in trouble?
3 3

63 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, tth2 said:

I continue to be amazed by how tolerant CGC are.

I don't know of any company that runs a message board where a bunch of people are allowed to not only be critical of them, but accuse them of being lying, thieving fraudsters.

but in people's defense, they didn't accuse them of murder, implied yes, but directly accuse, no.

26 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Then again, I guess that's an idealistic dream world and business is business, and it up to each of us whether we choose to participate in it or not

^^

GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

4 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Just don't talk about Coronavirus, vaccinations, Post Office, Lysol disinfectant, certain dates of the year, etc. and you are good to go.  (thumbsu  lol

I don't think anybody is accusing anybody else here of theft or fraud, but it's clear you don't know much about veritcally integrated businesses and potential conflicts of interest the unlocking of business synergies which doesn't always work out in the consumer's favor, or just turn a blind eye to.  Although I highly suspect that you actually do. :bigsmile:

I guess the truth always hurts sometimes, but if you go back to some of the concerns that have been expressed over the years ever since this whole maximization of potential was uncovered about 15+ years ago, everything that we thought possible has sadly come to pass plus more.  The fact that the CGC Mods allows us to discuss the varying viewpoints that different members have in this controversial area is indeed a credit to them and needs to be appllauded.  :applause:

As I have always said here, it is clear that the hobby place here is a lot better with CGC doing what they do for us, but yet at the same time, it could have also been so much better.  Then again, I guess that's an idealistic dream world and business is business, and it's really up to each of us whether we choose to participate in it or not, as along as we are not blind and know the rules (both hidden and not hidden) of the game here.  (thumbsu

But you can still talk about the need for Depends :banana:

23 hours ago, batman_fan said:

but in people's defense, they didn't accuse them of murder, implied yes, but directly accuse, no.

I was on the PSA message board for many years.  If anyone ever mentioned that PSA bumped grades, or were lenient on grading to certain customers the threads got deleted. So, I have been amazed that CGC is a lot more tolerant of some of the discussions that occur here.

14 hours ago, Mr.Fantastic said:

I was on the PSA message board for many years.  If anyone ever mentioned that PSA bumped grades, or were lenient on grading to certain customers the threads got deleted. So, I have been amazed that CGC is a lot more tolerant of some of the discussions that occur here.

It's the smartest thing they can do, whether it's truthful or not.  Nothing drives conspiracy theories like censorship.

On 5/18/2021 at 8:47 PM, tth2 said:

I continue to be amazed by how tolerant CGC are.

I don't know of any company that runs a message board where a bunch of people are allowed to not only be critical of them, but accuse them of being lying, thieving fraudsters.

And then suspend the accounts of the folks that point out exactly that. So much for tongue biting.

On 5/20/2021 at 10:22 AM, entalmighty1 said:

It's the smartest thing they can do, whether it's truthful or not.  Nothing drives conspiracy theories like censorship.

Oh how I pine to return to the days of the Roman Empire when a failed conspiracy or a failure to censor your mouth both ended by the sword and you could protest all you wanted in the lions den.

Life was so much simpler when it was decided by a thumbs up or thumbs down gestures…-_-

31 minutes ago, MrBedrock said:

And then suspend the accounts of the folks that point out exactly that. So much for tongue biting.

Tongue biting one of the mods here will certainly get you suspended.

Did you bite a cute one at least?:foryou: