• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Temperature check - How much do you plan on submitting to CGC in the next 3-6 months?
5 5

With the change in price and the increased turn around times, how much do you plan to submit to CGC in the near future (next 3-6 months)?  

162 members have voted

1. 1. With the change in price and the increased turn around times, how much do you plan to submit to CGC in the near future (next 3-6 months)?

• More than ever - MAKE MINE CGC!
    • a little more than I have in the past
    • about the same as I've done before
    • a little less than before
    • Zero, Zilch, None, Nada - CGC is dead to me!
    • I Love Greggy! I Love Crack!

167 posts in this topic

I'm just going to keep sending 5-10 books a month, continuing a steady stream of comics going out/comics coming in every month, even if the ones coming back in are from 5 months ago (or more).  

3 hours ago, Galen130 said:

Seriously though, it depends on how things go with my current Modern batch presently at CGC.  I plan to have a bunch of SA/BA/CA stuff I'd like to send in sometime this decade...the jury is still out. (shrug)  Let's see how they do with TAT and the grading on my books...

Hmmm.jpeg

At least my pressing guy got my stuff in before the price change deadline, but I felt bad for him...trying to help so many others get the old price as well.  Just unfortunate for everyone involved who actually enjoy comics...

2D83C8A2-56D6-40D9-9B79-FA1A78CEDE31.gif

5 minutes ago, kav said:

I mean if you have more business than you can handle, you raise your price.  Thats just common business sense.  But I get the frustration too.

That’s what she s.....oh c’mon people!!  Trying to jump on the bandwagon here!!!

95203BC0-4863-464E-82F7-61DE502378D6.gif

6 minutes ago, wombat said:

If you have more business than you can handle you figure out a way to handle more. That is common sense. 

Theyre always hiring.  Not sure what else they can do.

1 minute ago, wombat said:

Hire more. Stop offering 6 week turn arounds on private signings twice a week. Come up with better processes. Better communication. Stuff a big business should be doing. 

This!!!!!!!!!!!!! this this this and this!!!

2 minutes ago, wombat said:

Hire more. Stop offering 6 week turn arounds on private signings twice a week. Come up with better processes. Better communication. Stuff a big business should be doing. 

:idea:

3 minutes ago, wombat said:

You do realize when a signing is announced it's a ways off, and doesnt affect current tat except for eventually one by one.

They dont promise 6 weeks it's more like 8 weeks

There is no defense for the current tat except to say they did absolutely everything in your post, and lengthened promised signing tat rather than eliminating a profitable part of business that is scarce at the moment

Whether you agree with signings or not like @kav doesnt and still said, the only thing left for them to do was raise prices.

And I get it still stinks a bit and is frustrating but let's not loose our view ;)

3 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

You do realize when a signing is announced it's a ways off, and doesnt affect current tat except for eventually one by one.

There is no defense for the current tat except to say they did absolutely everything in your post, and lengthened promised signing tat rather than eliminating a profitable part of business that is scarce at the moment

Whether you agree with signings or not like @kav doesnt and still said, the only thing left for them to do was raise prices.

And I get it still stinks a bit and is frustrating but let's not loose our view ;)

True,  we knew the risks comming here . 

3 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

The deadline for Sara Frazetta signing is June 5 so that one doesn't have the same distance as some of the signings date wise.

4 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

How do you know they did everything in my post? And how well did they do them if they did? 

1 minute ago, wombat said:

How do you know they did everything in my post? And how well did they do them if they did? 

I'm not here to argue about how well, 

14 minutes ago, wombat said:

"Should be doing" implies they didnt, well they did