• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What book would you ACTUALLY trade a kidney for?
3 3

63 posts in this topic

"Do you take kidneys as payment?" is a question I see on a lot of sales and posts. 

So what book would you legitimately trade your kidney for?  Someone walks up to you with a comic book and says 'Hey how about this for your least favorite kidney?'

What is the bare minimum book?  Or even a collection/run of books?

For me it would be an AF 15 in an 8.0+

Rules:

Can't say Action 1 or TEC 27 because that's boring and would pay for multiple kidneys.

Agree with Ken. Unless I was in pain or terminally ill no amount of money is worth not living your best life. Af 15? At least go after something more rare worth more money. Nobody is going to give you that for a kidney anyways when they can just get one off a drug addict for dirt cheap.

51 minutes ago, Venomous72 said:

Well this was less fun than I thought :/

Lol. I agree. I assumed the intent behind the post was to find out what books people REALLY want badly enough to make some kind of significant sacrifice. I'll play along. 

For me, it's not even Action #1 or Tec #27. It's a nice high grade Captain America Comics #1. The history behind Captain America and those early Golden Age war covers is something special. 

2 hours ago, I_Am_Not_A_Cat said:

Agree with Ken. Unless I was in pain or terminally ill no amount of money is worth not living your best life. Af 15? At least go after something more rare worth more money. Nobody is going to give you that for a kidney anyways when they can just get one off a drug addict for dirt cheap.

I think you're a cat.  Your kidneys are easy to remove.

2 minutes ago, vheflin said:

you gotta change it to 'would you cut off your ear lobe' or tip of your finger

something that doesn't have major health consequences

does it count if youre alredy missing fingers because then i want Action 2, 3 and 4.

3 hours ago, Venomous72 said:

"Do you take kidneys as payment?" is a question I see on a lot of sales and posts. 

So what book would you legitimately trade your kidney for?  Someone walks up to you with a comic book and says 'Hey how about this for your least favorite kidney?'

What is the bare minimum book?  Or even a collection/run of books?

For me it would be an AF 15 in an 8.0+

Rules:

Can't say Action 1 or TEC 27 because that's boring and would pay for multiple kidneys.

you gotta change it to 'would you cut off your ear lobe' or tip of your finger

something that doesn't have major health consequences

edit:

:idea: what book would I trade your kidney for?  that's  a long listlol

3 hours ago, I_Am_Not_A_Cat said:

if you're looking for kidneys that bad, maybe don't get one from a drug addict.

1 hour ago, Golden Pete said:

X-Men #1 CGC 9.8 SS Signed By Stan Lee + A Couple Snickers Bars and 1 bottle of Jack Daniel's Rested Tennessee Rye Whiskey to wash it down before they take out my kidney:shy:

This is only enjoyable if you're referring NOT to the 1963 X-Men #1 but the 1991 one with all the variants. (Which should also including a Kirby signature, if possible)