• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post Your Dumb Comic Book Covers

299 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, catman76 said:

another one that's f*ucking awesome. so many people have a weird definition of dumb

Yep, Jack Cole's art was meant to be funny and nutty on Plastic Man. From Plas' earliest adventures, it was a whimsical feature with sight gags galore. Plastic Man's tone was closer to the later Mad comics than any GA superhero character.

Rai8Hc1.jpg

Not a dumb comic book cover, but a dumb mistake on a bust. Look at his left shoulder muscle. Notice how it just all disappears when it hits the black wing? Whoops! 

14 hours ago, Randall Ries said:

This is interesting:

X-Statix was the retitled book originally known as X-Force. It fell into the hands of Peter Milligan and Michael Allred as a somewhat less-than-serious look at some of Marvel's stranger superheroes. The book quickly became a way to satirize the celebrity culture running rampant across the planet while still taking the time to pull apart the superhero genre.

For the most part, it worked out rather well. Fans who knew what they were getting into appreciated the social commentary while not taking the material too seriously. The whole thing got a little off the rails when, in 2003, the book relaunched with a resurrected mutant-version of Princess Dianna who had passed only six years previously.

Not only did the cover feature Princess Di in a rather inappropriate pose on the cover, but the story was also titled, "Di Another Day," which really didn't go over well with people who were still mourning the loss of Diana.

Dang. Now I want a copy of the recall.

0f7c5fe52711078c-600x338.jpg

s-l1600-4.jpg

Wow, incredibly bad taste. It was mentioned in Entertainment Weekly. Did any of the original covers make in on the street? 

https://ew.com/article/2003/07/02/princess-diana-marvels-newest-mutant-heroine/

4 hours ago, Mecha_Fantastic said:

Rai8Hc1.jpg

Not a dumb comic book cover, but a dumb mistake on a bust. Look at his left shoulder muscle. Notice how it just all disappears when it hits the black wing? Whoops! 

Easy to sneak up from the side for that sucker punch.

2 hours ago, Juno Beach said:

Wow, incredibly bad taste. It was mentioned in Entertainment Weekly. Did any of the original covers make in on the street? 

https://ew.com/article/2003/07/02/princess-diana-marvels-newest-mutant-heroine/

They must have or people wouldn't have tweaked, right? I can find NONE on eBay so I really don't know. I want one, of course.

These same people who complain about bad taste go home and watch "Family Guy" I bet. What could be better than a zombie Princess Diana?

IMO, The "bad taste" lies in everyday "news reporting" highlighting Harry and his bride Meghan Prince Harry. I don't understand what's so fascinating about it. I have my own problems. Oh no. Rich, spoiled white people have to "endure" scrutiny? Boo-hoo. 1st world problems.

2 hours ago, William-James88 said:

What a terrible team of villains. 

I dunno, man. Ever seen a group of carny's in the same spot? I cross to the other side of the fairgrounds. Ever fight a guy who bills himself as The Human Snail" because he has no legs and is a hunchback? I have. It isn't fun.

6 minutes ago, Juno Beach said:

I don't even understand what's going on here. Batman and Robin are standing on Earth, how are they the first to die on the moon?

det.jpg

since when did joker become cyclops and yep his geography sucks.

9 minutes ago, Juno Beach said:

I don't even understand what's going on here. Batman and Robin are standing on Earth, how are they the first to die on the moon?

det.jpg

That is a cool cover though! I've never seen it before.....

I dont know what to think of the fact the red part of jokers inner eye is white instead of red, and for it to be so exaggerated 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM