• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post Your Dumb Comic Book Covers

299 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, kav said:

the one that gets me is in the spider man movies where he stand on the sidewalk and shoots a web up and for some reason the web then propels him up to the building somehow.  WTF

They tried to skirt that issue as if there is always something taller in the city and that hes out of luck outside the city, but I agree with you that the propel function would be gravity in spidey's case too

:tink:

2 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

No that's the thing it's impossible for traction or curling to work

The point is I tried that was the reason for the no prize

Hence why I thought he mentioned at least I didn't "try" with particles....

It's not that I had succeddedi in bending the laws of gravity

Now that would be a trick. :idea:

ok our staff has decided tosend you the no prize.

Just now, kav said:

she would look like a serious goofball walking down the street.

Lol 

1 minute ago, kav said:

she would look like a serious goofball walking down the street.

I was going to say it wasnt dumb because of the way it was drawn, but darn it, she'd be hard pressed to get all limbs inside the vehicle at all times lol

31 minutes ago, kav said:

I forget nothing.  We studied vectors in physics.  I got an A.  If he projected himself upward, it would have to be a straight line opposing gravity.  If he arced backwards as depicted, there would have to be a third force to vector him back towards the tower.  Rocket jets or something.  He had none.

I understood rocket and jets the rest might just be @kav trying to impress us with false vectors lol

5 minutes ago, Namtak said:

I understood rocket and jets the rest might just be @kav trying to impress us with false vectors lol

Yes he was right, bloody well right to say!

Still I'm not sure if kangaroo jumps are somehow different to humans, but

Kavs specific point is it would be impossible to push out from something that is vertical, and automatically come back further up vertically 

The momentum would have to be polarized to curve back somehow such as wind or some exterior force

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

1 minute ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Yes he was right, bloody well right to say!

Still I'm not sure if kangaroo jumps are somehow different to humans, but

Kava specific point is it would be impossible to push out from something that is vertical, and automatically come back further up vertically 

The momentum would have to be polarized to curve back somehow such as wind or so e exterior force

Now thats english i can understand(thumbsu

1 minute ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

The momentum would have to be polarized to curve back somehow such as wind or so e exterior force

He could do it technically if had specially polarized 3D glasses.

Just now, Namtak said:

Now thats english i can understand(thumbsu

I suppose if he somehow somersaulted or it doesnt show how he jumped, just shows trajectory that is way off.

2 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I suppose if he somehow somersaulted or it doesnt show how he jumped, just shows trajectory that is way off.

Possibly there was a strong wind that would explain it.