• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post Your Dumb Comic Book Covers

299 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Randall Ries said:

Actually? Yes! When I read Saga Of The Swamp Thing #21 when Alan Moore updated Swamp Thing's origin. That shattered all my senses except for my sense of smell. I thought that was utter genius.

If your senses are shattered since then that might explain a few things  :roflmao::bigsmile:

1 minute ago, Randall Ries said:

Actually? Yes! When I read Saga Of The Swamp Thing #21 when Alan Moore updated Swamp Thing's origin. That shattered all my senses except for my sense of smell. I thought that was utter genius.

Even your hearing? That’s a good comic.

2 minutes ago, Randall Ries said:

Sight: sense shattered by incredible panels
hearing: sense shattered by the soundof pages turning in a frenzy
touch: the feel of the ink on the panels was mind boggling
taste-the cover

Just now, Namtak said:

If your senses are shattered since then that might explain a few things  :roflmao::bigsmile:

To be fair im in agony from surburn from selling today at fleamarket on a very sunny day so dont take me too seriously this evening i just want to laugh my pain away lol

2 minutes ago, kav said:

taste-the cover

Really ?taste the cover?thats not Coffee you drank hu?:roflmao:

1 minute ago, Namtak said:

To be fair im in agony from surburn from selling today at fleamarket on a very sunny day so dont take me too seriously this evening i just want to laugh my pain away lol

the Solar radiation could of possibly given you super powers!

Just now, Ken Aldred said:

Even your hearing? That’s a good comic.

Especially my hearing. I heard myself saying "No effing WAAAAAY!" over and over again. Also my wife telling me to "Will you shut UP? I am TRYING to SLEEP!"

I had read the Wrightson series when I was a kid and knew the whole story. When I read #21, it made perfect sense. So.....yes. My senses were indeed shattered.

I wrote an essay about the state of health care in the US and managed to tell that very same revised origin story through the laudanum addled brain of Branwell Bronte, brother of Charlotte, Emily and Anne. He did NOT share his sisters genius for writing and prose. He loved his laudanum, though.

14 minutes ago, kav said:

taste-the cover

Does biting my tongue from saying "No effing WAY!" over and over count? I tasted blood. Taste didn't come until issue #24. It was the only one I was missing and a friend who owned his own comic book store said a collection came in containing issue #24. NICE! Went and bought it and on the way home bought McDonald's for celebration. Sat down and read the issue while eating my food.

Later that night - in the bathroom wretching my guts out from bad food, I suddenly associated issue #24 with food poisoning. That was 1988. When I see the cover to this day, I get a little queasy.

Edited by Randall Ries

3 minutes ago, Namtak said:

Well when im up against a red brick wall im now almost invisible,does that count?hm

We used to get like that when we went fishing. Then we would peel. I got burned so badly one when I peeled, it came off in sheets and sounded like duct tape being pulled from its roll. Gross. Almost left an exoskeleton behind like a grasshopper.

4 minutes ago, Namtak said:

Well when im up against a red brick wall im now almost invisible,does that count?hm

Captain Solar man of camoflage.

Just now, Randall Ries said:

We used to get like that when we went fishing. Then we would peel. I got burned so badly one when I peeled, it came off in sheets and sounded like duct tape being pulled from its roll. Gross. Almost left an exoskeleton behind like a grasshopper.

try vinegar it like tans the skin or something and prevents peeling.

2 minutes ago, kav said:

try vinegar it like tans the skin or something and prevents peeling.

Im gonna Google it before trying not that i dont trust you but.....i know for sure that salt does not help diminishing a wound pain,so im gonna Google it first

3 minutes ago, Namtak said:

Im gonna Google it before trying not that i dont trust you but.....i know for sure that salt does not help diminishing a wound pain,so im gonna Google it first

you can google what you want but you just better watch yourself!

This is interesting:

X-Statix was the retitled book originally known as X-Force. It fell into the hands of Peter Milligan and Michael Allred as a somewhat less-than-serious look at some of Marvel's stranger superheroes. The book quickly became a way to satirize the celebrity culture running rampant across the planet while still taking the time to pull apart the superhero genre.

For the most part, it worked out rather well. Fans who knew what they were getting into appreciated the social commentary while not taking the material too seriously. The whole thing got a little off the rails when, in 2003, the book relaunched with a resurrected mutant-version of Princess Dianna who had passed only six years previously.

Not only did the cover feature Princess Di in a rather inappropriate pose on the cover, but the story was also titled, "Di Another Day," which really didn't go over well with people who were still mourning the loss of Diana.

Dang. Now I want a copy of the recall.

0f7c5fe52711078c-600x338.jpg

s-l1600-4.jpg

Edited by Randall Ries