• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

9 Months of Ewert (Ejaenter) Data

182 posts in this topic

My Western Gunfighters 7 was purchased in May, but graded in August 2004. Are you going to keep those on the list? If so, we should push the list back to "graded by" date. That's hundreds of more books. Ouch.

If a book was sold by Jason on eBay, I'm listing ALL books from that invoice. Right now I've been able to go as far back as 2002, although the majority of the books I've documented thus far falls within the "suspect" zone. With that massive list, Bruce/CGC can work with Tom on removing books based on other criteria.

PM me the serial number, and I'll validate that it is on my to do list.

You guys are my new heroes!

As this list grows and grows,I've got to think it is impossible for a single person to have worked this many books so quickly.

Either the vast majority aren't doctered,or Jason has a veritable Santas Workshop full of busy elves.

Time will tell 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Keep in mind that not all of these books were Jason's; as noted there were a number of invoices that were graded under the VIA account that may have been for other people. That's what needs to get weeded out over time.

It would be useful to get a list of CGC invoices from the Ewert account. That way, we can at least eliminate some of these invoices (as well as add ones we may have missed).

As this list grows and grows,I've got to think it is impossible for a single person to have worked this many books so quickly.

Either the vast majority aren't doctered,or Jason has a veritable Santas Workshop full of busy elves.

I dunno, I wouldn't be too relieved just yet. Even if a fellow worked just 5 books a day, it wouldn't take long to have a formidable inventory of doctored books. I don't think you'd really need a trimming sweatshop to have heckuva lot of tainted product out there, even in a relatively short period of time.

If you notice, the trend towards using consecutive invoice numbers is obviously apparent. Notice that some of the invoice numbers in consecutive series are missing. While I am busy adding books from these invoices to the list, please take note of missing invoice numbers above. Please contact me if you have a book purchased from Ewert that comes from invoice numbers not listed here.

As I said, the invoice numbers and the sequence of them was really important to keep track of. You guys have done a great job!

Red

In case I did not make this clear… I am interested in recruiting volunteers to help with the contacting of Ewert's past customers off this list. I did not post the winners names, but I have them all… and more going back IF that becomes an issue.

There were almost 1,000 books sold on eBay in that 9 month period and I estimate about 300-600 unique buyers. I have 3 volunteers so far. If anyone else is willing and has spare time please PM me.

I will try and coordinate this effort in the next 2 weeks. I would forward a portion of the excel 9maybe 25-50 names) list to each volunteer and create a form letter to use as well so the could be emailed through the ebay system.

LMK who wants to join the cause.

Bruce

893crossfingers-thumb.gif

In case I did not make this clear… I am interested in recruiting volunteers to help with the contacting of Ewert's past customers off this list. I did not post the winners names, but I have them all… and more going back IF that becomes an issue.

There were almost 1,000 books sold on eBay in that 9 month period and I estimate about 300-600 unique buyers. I have 3 volunteers so far. If anyone else is willing and has spare time please PM me.

I will try and coordinate this effort in the next 2 weeks. I would forward a portion of the excel 9maybe 25-50 names) list to each volunteer and create a form letter to use as well so the could be emailed through the ebay system.

Bruce

893crossfingers-thumb.gif

I'll do what I can to help Bruce. Count me in.

Michael

I can help as well.

I also use a mass mailing service if you'd like to contact all 2000+ at once. (with mail tracking, etc.)

Sterling: books from Adam Charlambidis sold on consighnment through Ewert and can be taken off list. Never touched "raw" by Ewert.

Brave & the Bold… #171 nm+ 9.6…0083823004…Bought from RJ

D.C special series… #8 nm+ 9.6…0042856001…RJ

Iron-man… #150 nm+ 9.6… #0024464019…RJ

Incredible Hulk… #236 nm+ 9.6…0066158005…RJ

Incredible Hulk… #244 nm+ 9.6…0609500028…RJ

D.C. Tarzan… #208 nm+ 9.6…#0064505015…Heritage

D.C. Tarzan… #210 nm+ 9.6…0069215003…Heriatge

Marvel 2-1 Ann…#3 nm+ 9.6…0068144003

bumpit.gif Maybe the most important thread on the boards this year I'm sad to say. Again kudos to Bronze Bruce can't emphasize enough his efforts to proliferate vital information to the Collector Base. 893applaud-thumb.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif just occured, Arch can you pin this thread? If CGC will not post the data themselves, will they at least acknowledge that it is vital to their cutomers? Seeing as how they were the ones to establish the initial timeline, is it asking too much for this token gesture??? 893crossfingers-thumb.gif