• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Did everyone survive the blackout?
13 13

476 posts in this topic

Just now, Jesse-Lee said:

There are still a ton of php errors happening for me - anyone else? I made a post about this a while back, prior to the board shut down, wonder if there are lingering issues...

yes.

25 minutes ago, Jesse-Lee said:

There are still a ton of php errors happening for me - anyone else? I made a post about this a while back, prior to the board shut down, wonder if there are lingering issues...

Yup

5 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

rantrant

8 minutes ago, vheflin said:

:ohnoez:

It does seem to be worse around the same time everyday, part of me hopes it's an "update" but who knows .....

Call me old fashioned, but if I owned a chat forum that had thousands of loyal members who, perhaps against the odds, had kept it going for 20 years when everyone else had buggered off to Facebore, and whose activities generated millions of global views for my product, I would occasionally pop in and let people know what was going on. Something along the lines of "Hey guys, so sorry about the recent access problems - someone pressed the wrong button...(grimace emoji)" would go a long way I feel, and would make people feel part of a community. It would make them feel that they weren't being ignored or taken for granted. "Hey guys, big Invision update coming next Wednesday, so bear with us as it may be a rocky ride - even with the best planning we never know how things will go, but rest assured we'll be on it if there are any unexpected problems". Easy isn't it. Takes seconds. 

Ask yourself this - if your forum went down for the best part of two days, would you either:

A) Communicate with your members when it was back up and running with suitable apologies and explanations

or

B) Not

Meanwhile, Josh Brolin will sign your comics for a $250 fee. Isn't that just brilliant!?

Come on, get submitting! :)

Just now, Galen130 said:

Now that's funny!!! lol

As for the rest....how dare you make sense!!! :baiting:

Exactly. It makes sense. Communicate. If you don't - consistently - your message is "we don't care" - isn't it?

6 minutes ago, Get Marwood & I said:

Exactly. It makes sense. Communicate. If you don't - consistently - your message is "we don't care" - isn't it?

You are correct, sir.  Communication is key...the lack thereof seems to be a plague to society as a whole.  But I digress.  I'm gonna go open up a Facebore account!!!  I'm so excited!!!

Edited by Galen130

2 hours ago, Galen130 said:

You are correct, sir.  Communication is key...the lack thereof seems to be a plague to society as a whole.  But I digress.  I'm gonna go open up a Facebore account!!!  I'm so excited!!!

And you just can't hide it?

I've had email discussions with a few of the CGC team down the years and it is my belief that they are good people who do care about this forum and the members. I just wish they would do more to let us know it.

Actions speak louder than words, if my submission comes back mislabeled, with plastic shards or anything else that requires a reholder, I'm done.

I'll stay on the forum though, and bicker with anyone who says CGC is awesome, because I hold a grudge and I'm  generally unpleasant 

Edited by Dr. Dank